Whether you're preparing for a casual dinner party or snacks for the office, our Spicy Soy Nut Pretzel Mix, from Miraval's Mindful Eating cookbook, can be made in advance and kept covered with plastic wrap for up to a day. Truth be told, we don't think it will last that long at your house—this addictive snack tends to disappear quickly!
Spicy Soy Nut Pretzel Mix
Makes 5 Cups; Serving Size: 1/2 Cup
- 2 1/2 c. salted, small pretzel sticks
- 2 1/2 c. unsalted soy nuts (or any other raw nuts or combination of raw nuts, if desired)
- 1/4 c. agave syrup or honey
- 2 1/2 Tbsp. Blackening Spice Blend (7 Tbsp. onion powder, 7 Tbsp. paprika, 6 Tbsp. ground black pepper, 6 Tbsp. dried oregano, 6 Tbsp. dried and crushed thyme, 4 Tbsp. garlic powder, 3 1/2 Tbsp kosher salt, 3 Tbsp. ground white pepper, 2 tsp. cayenne pepper)
PREHEAT the oven to 375ºF. Lightly coat a baking sheet with vegetable cooking spray.
Congratulations to our Week Two Winners: Jen Klinger, Vivien Foldes, and Lisa Johnston! Remember to enter the Month of Mindful each week for your chance to win amazing prizes this month! http://mindfulgiving.pgtb.me/6q2xH7
Sunday December 8th through Saturday December 14th, enter for your chance to win Week 2 prizes. 3 winners will receive our "Body" prize package which includes:
- 50-minute Phone or Skype Integrative Nutrition Consultation with Junelle Lupiani, R.D.
- A signed copy of Mindful Eating by Miraval – With over 200 healthful recipes teaching you how to cook and eat the Miraval way by expanding and learning more about one’s needs while bringing diet into balance
- A luxurious Miraval Spa Robe to help you relax and bring the spa experience into your home
- Miraval Swell Water Bottle – our favorite insulated, eco-friendly bottle to help you stay hydrated
- Red Flower Organic Purifying Body Wash, Moisturizing Body Lotion, and Revitalizing Sea Salt Scrub
- A selection of Deborah Lippmann holiday nail lacquer
- Exercise Stretch Band and Instruction Book
- A selection of La Bella Donna Cosmetics
December 2013 Recipe of the Month
December is the time for holiday parties, and the recipe below, from the December chapter of Mindful Living by Miraval, is a light, delicious, and sophisticated hors d'ouevre—perfect for entertaining! Serve these oysters on the half shell, nestled on the recommended bed of rock salt and pink peppercorsn, and prepare for your guests to swoon. Enjoy!
Oysters on the Half Shell with Mango-Ginger Cocktail Sauce and Pomegranate Mignonette
Makes about 4 servings; Serving Size: 3 oysters
- 12 medium West Coast oysters
- 4 tsp. Mango-Ginger Cocktail Sauce (recipe follows)
- 4 tsp. Pomegranate Mignonette (recipe follows)
FOR each plate, arrange three freshly shucked raw oysters. Serve with one teaspoon of the Mango-Ginger Cocktail Sauce and Pomegranate Mignonette.
FOR an enhanced presentation, pour a half cup of rock salt on each plate and press the oyster shells into it. This will help to keep the shells from sliding around. The rock salt may be sprinkled with paprika or crushed pink peppercorns for additional color.
It's that time of year again to start thinking about what you're going to serve on Thanksgiving to "wow" your friends and family. As the holiday season approaches, you might be starting to worry about the extra pounds that many of us acquire attending holiday parties and indulging in the delicious baked goods circling the office. Although we can't always control what is in our environment at all times, you can try to make healthier dishes this year whether you're hosting or just bringing one or two items to a holiday gathering. These Miraval recipes are featured in our Mindful Eating cookbook (which makes a great gift for any wellness-minded chef!) Incorporate one or all of these recipes into your Thanksgiving meal this year!
November 2013 Recipe of the Month
Miraval's newest cookbook, Sweet & Savory Cooking, is a blend of two styles of cooking by Executive Chef Justin Cline Macy and Pastry Chef Kim Macy. Although they’re from two very different areas of the kitchen, this husband and wife team has come together to create a unique cookbook that will take you on an exciting journey of culinary delights. Sweet & Savory Cooking will be released in January 2014, but it is available for pre-order now.
Here is a sneak peek at one of the inspiring recipes from Sweet & Savory Cooking—Roasted Poblano Cornbread. This is one of Miraval guests' favorite breads and is perfect as a snack or as an accompaniment to dinner. Serve with a small amount of sour cream or salsa for dipping. Enjoy!
Roasted Poblano Cornbread
Makes 16 Servings
- 1 c. unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 c. cornmeal
- 3/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 1/4 c. low-fat buttermilk
- 2 eggs