DIY Spa Treatment
Flourish Body Scrub
Winter weather gets the best of our skin. Welcome in the warm weather by refreshing your skin with this at home body scrub from Miraval's Mindful Living.
What better way to do “out with the old, in with the new” than with a customized body scrub? The Miraval Flourish Body Scrub is designed to remove dead skin cells and then hydrate, firm, and soften the skin beneath.
These unique and fun-to-make appetizers from Miraval’s Mindful Living and newest cookbook, Sweet & Savory Cooking, are crafted with natural, healthy ingredients and are perfect for passing around at your next holiday party! Be sure to adjust each recipe to suit the number of expected guests. Happy entertaining!
Crab Wontons with Soy-Ginger Dipping Sauce
- ¼ c. panko bread crumbs
- ¾ c. cream cheese
- 1/3 c. finely diced red pepper
- 2 Tbsp. green onions, thinly cut on the bias
December 2013 Recipe of the Month
December is the time for holiday parties, and the recipe below, from the December chapter of Mindful Living by Miraval, is a light, delicious, and sophisticated hors d'ouevre—perfect for entertaining! Serve these oysters on the half shell, nestled on the recommended bed of rock salt and pink peppercorsn, and prepare for your guests to swoon. Enjoy!
Oysters on the Half Shell with Mango-Ginger Cocktail Sauce and Pomegranate Mignonette
Makes about 4 servings; Serving Size: 3 oysters
- 12 medium West Coast oysters
- 4 tsp. Mango-Ginger Cocktail Sauce (recipe follows)
- 4 tsp. Pomegranate Mignonette (recipe follows)
FOR each plate, arrange three freshly shucked raw oysters. Serve with one teaspoon of the Mango-Ginger Cocktail Sauce and Pomegranate Mignonette.
FOR an enhanced presentation, pour a half cup of rock salt on each plate and press the oyster shells into it. This will help to keep the shells from sliding around. The rock salt may be sprinkled with paprika or crushed pink peppercorns for additional color.
Miraval is saying thank you to our amazing fans and followers with a a Month of Mindful Giving! We will have a weekly giveaway of prizes that will enhance your mind, body and spirit—all leading up to the Grand Prize of an ultimate Miraval expereince!
Congratulations to our Week One Winners: Frederick Rotzien, Mitra Harris, Kristen Heintz Ventrillo, and Katherine Gray! Remember to enter the Month of Mindful each week for your chance to win amazing prizes this month! http://mindfulgiving.pgtb.me/6q2xH7
The first week to enter starts December 1st! 4 winners will receive our "Mind" prize package which includes:
- 50-minute Phone or Skype Health Coaching Consultation with Sheryl Brooks, R.N.
- A signed copy of Mindful Living by Miraval — a month-by-month guide to help you more fully celebrate each moment in your life. Twelve Miraval specialists ranging from exercise physiologists to chefs to spiritual healths bring their expertise to chapters centered on the key tenets of the Miraval philosophy, such as balance, joy, and developing the ability to overcome obstacles.
- Coach Leigh Weinraub's exclusive tote bag with her wellness manifesto to inspire you to make healthy change in your life.
- A signed copy of It's Not About the Horse by Wyatt Webb, creator of the Miraval Equine Experience and equine therapist for more than 30 years.
- Miraval Album: "Mindful Listening"
- Set of Miraval Notecards
- A Miraval sustainable tote bag that folds into the size of a deck of cards for easy travel.
Upcoming Prizes, check Miraval's Facebook Page each week for prize reveals:
- Week 2— 3 winners will receive our "Body" prize package! Revealed on Sunday, December 8.
- Week 3— 2 winners will receive our "Spirit" prize package! Revealed on Sunday, December 15.
Week 4— 1 winner will receive our GRAND PRIZE of an ultimate mind-body-spirit experience with a trip to Miraval for two on the all new Anything Goes Package, two American Express gift cards to use towards airfare or other travel expenses, a Miraval bedding ensemble for your home, and Miraval's Signature Cactus Cream Collection!
How to Enter:
October 2013 Recipe of the Month
Shorter days, falling leaves, and crisper air. Pumpkins on the stoop, and the roar of a crowd at a football game. No dish goes better with the feeling of autumn than a piping hot bowl of soup. The recipe below, from the October chapter of Mindful Living by Miraval, is hearty, satisfying, and a Miraval staple. The peppers, cumin, and cayenne team up to provide a kick of flavor; and the dish is easy to make and full of plant protein and fiber. Enjoy!
Vegetarian Black Bean Soup
Yield: About 1 Qt.; Makes 8 Servings; Serving Size: 1/2 Cup
- 3/4 c. raw black beans, cleaned and sorted
- 2 tsp. Miraval Oil Blend (3:1 mix of canola oil and extra-virgin olive oil)
- 1/2 c. yellow onion, diced
- 1 1/2 tsp. garlic, chopped fine
- 1/4 c. red bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 c. Anaheim or poblano chili, diced
- 1/2 Tbsp. cumin powder