On Sunday, Miraval's Pastry Chef Kim Macy led participants through a special hands-on baking class at PIRCH in Costa Mesa, California! Chef Kim shared two of her favorite recipes, Rich Gluten-Free Molten Chocolate Cake and Chocolate Peanut Butter Meringues. Both desserts are featured in Miraval's newest cookbook, Sweet & Savory Cooking (available for pre-order now!) Here are some of our favorite photos from the class. Enjoy!
Entries for month: December 2013
Congratulations to our Week Three Winners: Thedius Thompson and Kristi Knight! Remember to enter the Month of Mindful this week for your chance to win the grand prize of the Ultimate Miraval Experience! http://mindfulgiving.pgtb.me/6q2xH7
Sunday December 15th through Saturday December 21st, enter for your chance to win Week 3 prizes. 2 winners will receive our "Spirit" prize package which includes:
- 50-minute Phone or Skype Stress Reduction Consultation with Mindfulness Specialist MaryGrace Naughton.
- Lululemon travel yoga mat—folds into your suitcase for easy transport to take your practice with you no matter where you are in the world.
- Miraval Signature Cactus Cream Candle
- Miraval Journal
- Tony Redhouse's "Soul Blessings" album with guided meditation, music, and chant.
- Miraval meditation tools including rock cairn, zenergy chime, and lavender eye pillow
- Set of Angel Cards by Cheryl Richardson
- Miraval Prickly Pear Herbal Iced Tea
- Yoga Board Game
In Miraval’s newest book, Sweet & Savory Cooking, my husband, Executive Chef Justin Macy and I share recipes and techniques for making delicious, healthy dishes. Here is a sneak peek into some of my favorite secret ingredients that I use to add nutrition, and reduce calories and fat in my baking! Pre-order Sweet & Savory Cooking now before it hits bookstores January 7, 2014 for more healthy cooking tips and one-of-a-kind recipes mentioned below!
• Fresh seasonal berries are so versatile and you can add them to anything. A little jumble of berries adds height, color, flavor, with, of course, minimal calories and loads of nutrients. My favorite berries are raspberries, for their gorgeous color, sweet perfume, and ease of use – no steam or big seed to worry about. They are the perfect balance of so many good things!
• Yogurt is fantastic in baking because the acid which keeps the dough tender. I love to incorporate vanilla yogurt in place of sour cream to help keep the moist and flavor in cakes and scones. My strawberry pecan scones are a great dish using yogurt.
At Miraval, Pastry Chef Kim Macy and her team make sure that every morning is a delight by serving freshly baked treats such as these old-fashioned rolls. At home, these Glazed Cinnamon Rolls, featured in the new Sweet & Savory cookbook, are perfect for special weekend morning! The icing gets a delicious tang (and a lower amount of fat) from Neufchâtel cheese, which is cream cheese-style cheese with about 30 percent less fat than regular cream cheese. Enjoy!
Glazed Cinnamon Rolls
Makes 24 Large Rolls or 48 Small Rolls
- 1 c. warm water
- 1 c. warm 2 percent milk
- 1 Tbsp. active dry yeast
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 c. melted butter
- 1/4 c. canola oil
- 5 c. all-purpose flour
These unique and fun-to-make appetizers from Miraval’s Mindful Living and newest cookbook, Sweet & Savory Cooking, are crafted with natural, healthy ingredients and are perfect for passing around at your next holiday party! Be sure to adjust each recipe to suit the number of expected guests. Happy entertaining!
Crab Wontons with Soy-Ginger Dipping Sauce
- ¼ c. panko bread crumbs
- ¾ c. cream cheese
- 1/3 c. finely diced red pepper
- 2 Tbsp. green onions, thinly cut on the bias