Miraval is saying thank you to our amazing fans and followers with a a Month of Mindful Giving! We will have a weekly giveaway of prizes that will enhance your mind, body and spirit—all leading up to the Grand Prize of an ultimate Miraval expereince!
The first week to enter starts December 1st! 4 winners will receive our "Mind" prize package which includes:
- 50-minute Phone or Skype Health Coaching Consultation with Sheryl Brooks, R.N.
- A signed copy of Mindful Living by Miraval — a month-by-month guide to help you more fully celebrate each moment in your life. Twelve Miraval specialists ranging from exercise physiologists to chefs to spiritual healths bring their expertise to chapters centered on the key tenets of the Miraval philosophy, such as balance, joy, and developing the ability to overcome obstacles.
- Coach Leigh Weinraub's exclusive tote bag with her wellness manifesto to inspire you to make healthy change in your life.
- A signed copy of It's Not About the Horse by Wyatt Webb, creator of the Miraval Equine Experience and equine therapist for more than 30 years.
- Miraval Album: "Mindful Listening"
- Set of Miraval Notecards
- A Miraval sustainable tote bag that folds into the size of a deck of cards for easy travel.
Upcoming Prizes, check Miraval's Facebook Page each week for prize reveals:
- Week 2— 3 winners will receive our "Body" prize package! Revealed on Sunday, December 8.
- Week 3— 2 winners will receive our "Spirit" prize package! Revealed on Sunday, December 15.
Week 4— 1 winner will receive our GRAND PRIZE of an ultimate mind-body-spirit experience with a trip to Miraval for two on the all new Anything Goes Package, two American Express gift cards to use towards airfare or other travel expenses, a Miraval bedding ensemble for your home, and Miraval's Signature Cactus Cream Collection!
How to Enter:
We were so excited to have Chef Jason Santos at Miraval this past weekend as part of our Celebrity Chef Series! Chef Santos led participants through a gourmet, five-course meal during two Cooking Demonstration Dinners (see menu). Here are some of our favorite photos of Chef Santos working with Executive Chef Justin Macy and the rest of the Miraval culinary team. Enjoy!
We are so excited to welcome Celebrity Chef Jason Santos to Miraval this weekend (Friday, November 22 & Saturday, November 23). Chef Santos likes to have fun. You can tell by his trademark blue hair, and more importantly, you can tell by his food. Liquid nitrogen salsa that smolders like a disco when it hits the plate? Check. Orange gel that forms into noodles when it hits hot broth? Got it. Black Truffle Dippin Dots Ice Cream that arrives tableside smoking? Absolutely. His cooking style has been referred to as “Julia Child Meets Willy Wonka”.
And while the presentations of Santos’ dishes are whimsical and inventive, the flavors on his plates are what keep diners coming back for more. Jason’s cuisine seamlessly combines Asian, French and traditional American flavors with dazzling visual and textural twists that wow diners at each of his acclaimed restaurants.
Currently, Jason is the owner and executive chef at both Abby Lane in Boston’s Theater District and Blue Inc. in Boston’s Financial District, a restaurant made famous by Santos’ innovative menu and “smoking cold” milk shakes. Jason is set to open his third restaurant, Back Bay Harry’s in Boston’s South End in late 2013. Santos’ name will also be familiar to foodies. Known as “Jay” on the seventh season of Fox’s hit television show “Hell’s Kitchen”, Santos has been regularly complimented by one of the industry’s toughest critics, Chef Gordon Ramsay.
By: Kim Kelder, Lead Aesthetician and Skincare Specialist
• Winter is a great time to start a peel series. Peels are a deeper exfoliation that penetrates deeper and is longer lasting then a scrub that you would use at home. You can get peels at your local esthetician or doctor’s office, depending on the strength you are looking for. Make sure you talk it over with your dermatologist or esthetician to discuss what peel would be best for you. At Miraval's Life in Balance Spa, we offer an amazing Alpha Beta Professional Face Peel.
• Use an eye cream daily. Eye creams are very important, especially in the winter when the skin has a tendency to be drier. The eye area is 4 times thinner than the skin on our face, which is why that is where we see the first signs of aging.I would recommend the Clarins Super Restorative Total Eye Concentrate, it uses a plant extract to diminish puffiness and tighten around the eye.
By Junelle Lupiani, R.D.
As some readers might know, 2012 was a year of creation for me. I had my first child in the early days of 2013! Since then, a lot has changed. Especially for the better. That said, physical shifts have certainly occurred and now that my son is close to his 10th month I have decided to concentrate on the health of my gut. As the dietitian at a world class resort, I can say confidently that I have the knowledge base on what nutritional approaches can be taken to improve the health of my digestive tract so I got to work and applied my knowledge. But alas, after a full month of concentrating solely on nutritional approaches I continued to struggle. It was then that I decided to get resourceful! Instead of concentrating on nutrition alone, I decided to use the integrative approaches that exist here at Miraval.