Mindfulness is not just a technique, it’s a way of living. Studies show many health benefits to mindfulness.
1. Increased emotional regulation and reduced emotional reactivity
2. Reduced worry and the anxiety that goes with it
3. Increased ability to focus attention and not be distracted
4. Increased working memory capacity and faster cognitive processing
5. Increased relationship satisfaction
6. Increased positivity and decreased negativity
7. Increased immune system function
8. Overall increase in well-being and life satisfaction.
The first week of May is highlighted by the full moon in Scorpio May 3rd which squares Jupiter. Passions can flair up as facts come to light revealing legal questions regarding debt, taxes or injustice. Who can be trusted, who is being set in their ways. Extra expenses can especially affect those born on or near May 3rd, Nov 4-5 while those born near August 4-5 could find travel quite an adventure. On May 3rd as well Mercury opposes a retrograde Saturn falling from Gemini to Sagittarius. Pessimism or a critical nature is the pitfall and a square to Neptune at the same time may require fact-checking to avoid misleading information. Focus and concentration for those engaged in creative endeavors can lead to a very productive period for those with discipline. This is a critical day for Gemini born on or near May 23-24, Sagittarians born on or near November 24-25.