By Carolyn Crawford, Astrologer
Venus, the goddess of love and beauty, offers summer travel and romance with generous Jupiter at the beginning of the month Friday July 1st. This is a great day for any celebrations or weddings, especially for those born in Cancer and Virgo.
On the next day of the holiday weekend, Saturday July 2nd, the Sun and somber Saturn requires a day for recovery and rest. Some will decide they have too much work to do. Mars has stationed in the sky and is now moving slowly forward, ending a period of inaction. The ambitious ones will be working a second job or taking on more responsibilities, so be careful not to burn out as energy could be at a low. This can make Sagittarius a bit cranky now as that sign hates any limitations.
By Sheryl Brooks, R.N., Women's Health Expert
What women should know about heart disease:
- Heart disease is the number one killer of American women.
- 64% of women who died suddenly of Coronary heart disease had no previous symptoms
- More than one in three female adults has some form of cardiovascular disease (CVD).
- Since 1984, the number of CVD deaths for females has exceeded those for males.
- Post menopausal women have an increased risk of cardiac disease.
Serve something new with this mindful cocktail that is easy-to-make and perfect for your upcoming summer festivities.
Vanilla Bean Flan with Fresh Berries and Sweetened Whipped Cream
While you plan your summer BBQ menu, don't forget dessert! Impress your guests with this delicious flan.
Suspended three feet above ground with the support of silk hammocks, I’m stretching and pulling my way to stronger muscles while also realigning my body naturally. By the end of class, I feel empowered and even a little proud as I recall the poses I’d achieved that I never dreamed I could master.