Winter is coming to an end and the warmer weather is on its way! Here at Miraval, our guests spend much of their day outside hiking, swimming or doing a challenge activity. But you don't have to be on vacation to spend time outdoors. Spending time outside and soaking up the sunshine (and some much needed Vitamin D) will help you relieve stress, improve your mood, and boost your immune system. Plus, getting outside promotes activity and movement and we all know that being active helps keep your muscles and heart healthy. Here are five ways to spend more time outdoors.
5 Ways to Get Outside This Spring
- Start your day outside: Here at Miraval we offer outdoor hikes each morning. We urge you to start your morning with a walk or jog in your local neighborhood.
- Plan outdoor activities: At Miraval we offer many outdoor activities such as trail runs, mountain biking, equine experiences and also all of our outdoor challenge courses.So this weekend, plan an outing for your family and friends like going to the park for a picnic or for a bike ride.
- Eat on the Patio: Our Cactus Flower Restaurant offers patio seating with spectacular views, we encourage our guests to take in the fresh air as well as the sights while dining. So next time you are out to eat, choose outdoor seating and add even more nutrients to your meal.
- Make your workout an outdoor activity: Many of our fitness classes here at Miraval are outside. Instead of hitting the treadmill, hit the streets and if it’s a floor workout, grab a mat and head outside.
- Practice in Nature: We offer a wide variety of yoga classes here at Miraval and encourage individuals to practice daily. Yoga is not only great for your body but it does wonders for your mind. The fresh air will help you relax and have better concentration on your breath. Notice the sounds of nature to enhance your practice.