Officially hitting bookshelves tomorrow, The Mindful Eating Cookbook has been 10 years in the making. Here's a Miraval favorite recipe from the cookbook:
Cactus Flower Omelet
Put a spin on this dish by incorporating salsa. Some of our favorites are Miraval Salsa. Roasted Green Chili Sauce, and Tomato Pico de Gallo Remember, this is your art to create! Be sure to use freshly grated cheese - it makes such a flavorful difference.
Makes 1 Serving
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 tsp. Miraval Oil Blend (page 19) or canola oil
- 1 tsp. finely chopped red onion
- 1 Tbsp. chopped red bell pepper
- 1 Tbsp. chopped asparagus
- 1/4 c. baby spinach, rinsed and spun dry
- 1 Tbsp. Basic Lentils (page 15)
- 1 tsp. freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- Salt, optional
- Freshly ground black pepper, optional
- 1 Tbsp. Miraval Salsa (page 221), optional
- 1 Tbsp. Roasted Green Chili Sauce (page 131), optional
WHISK the eggs in a small bowl until frothy. Set aside.
HEAT a small skillet over medium-high heat. Add the oil and when hot, add the onion and cook, stirring for 15 seconds. Add the asparagus and bell pepper, and cook, stirring for 15 seconds. Add the spinach and stir well. Add the lentils and cook, stirring for 30 seconds. Reduce the heat to low. Add the eggs and cook undisturbed until they start to set and pull away from the sides of the pan, 45 seconds to 1 minute.
USING a rubber spatula, gently pull the eggs away from the sides of the pan and tip the pan to allow the uncooked eggs to run underneath. Cook the eggs to desired doneness, 4 to 6 minutes. Carefully slip a spatula under the eggs, flip onto the other side, and cook for 15 seconds.
PLACE a place over the pan and invert the pan, releasing the omelet onto the plate. Top the omelet with the cheese. Add salt, pepper, and salsas, as desired. Serve immediately.
Calories: 190; Total Fat: 12 G; Carbohydrate: 6 G; Dietary Fiber: 2 G; Protein: 15 G
For more information about the Mindful Eating Cookbook and how to get your copy, click here.