Detoxifying wraps are a great way to nourish and rehydrate your skin while also removing impurities, but why wait for your next Miraval trip to enjoy these benefits, when you can do them at home?
Our Detoxifying Botanical Body Wrap can be done at home with a little advanced preparation. A great change-of-season body renewal to enliven the mind and body!
DIY: Detoxifying Botanical Body Wrap
For the detoxifying clay, obtain small quantities (approximately 1/4 cup each):
- freeze-dried cranberries
- white clay**
- rice powder
**Can be found at your local health-food store.
1. Place the freeze-dried berries and oatmeal in a coffee grinder or small food processor and pulse until a fine powder.
2. Combine this with the rice powder in a bowl, and add enough hot water to make a creamy mixture. Then add a dash of your favorite oil (almond, coconut, grape seed, or jojoba) or Clarins Anti-Eau Body Oil.
3. Before applying the berry-clay mixture, you will want to increase the circulation in the skin by doing a dry brushing on lightly oiled skin, with light upward strokes toward the heart/lymph nodes (elbow to shoulder, wrist to elbow, and so on).
4. Apply the clay and wrap up in a cotton sheet to stay warm. Try to keep the clay on for at least 15 minutes for maximum benefits.
5. Rinse off and apply your favorite body butter or Clarins Satin Smooth body lotion to rehydrate.