Stop the sluggish, tired feelings that come with Monday morning by following these simple 5 steps. You will have more energy to be successful for the week ahead!
Five Steps to Energize Your Day
- Eat breakfast: Eating breakfast boosts your metabolism, provides fuel for the brain, and helps to keep blood sugar levels up by providing vital fuel for the cells.
- Avoid excess caffeine from coffee and soft drinks: Coffee and soft drinks lack essential nutrients your body needs and also result in a crash once the caffeine wears off.
- Eat some protein, fat and carbohydrate at every meal: Mealing including all three provides balanced nutrition for the brain to function optimally by providing the building blocks for neurotransmitters. Neurotransmitters are essential compounds formed in the brain and are directly influenced by what we eat. (So you think more clearly!)
- Get restorative sleep: Lack of restorative sleep (about 7 – 8 hours of uninterrupted sleep/night) can lead to carbohydrate cravings the next day.
- Water the Forgotten Nutrient: Optimal hydration takes planning and practice. Begin each day with 8 ounces and drink ½ cup of fluid every half hour. More energy is just one of the many benefits of proper hydration.