This flavorful lamb dish is a perfect example of the beautifully clean recipes featured in Miraval's new Mindful Eating Cookbook. Enjoy!
Makes 4 servings
- 1/4 c. Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. fresh basil leaves
- 1 tsp. fresh oregano leaves
- 1 tsp. fresh thyme leaves
- 1/4 tsp. fresh rosemary
- 1/4 tsp. fresh tarragon leaves
- 4 six-ounce New Zealand lamb racks (4 to 5 bones each), trimmed and frenched
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/8 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tsp. Miraval Oil Blend (page 19) or canola oil
- 1 recipe Goat Cheese Polenta (recipe follows)
- 1 recipe Sun-Dried Tomato Jus (recipe follows)
PREHEAT the oven to 375° F.
COMBINE the mustard and herbs in the bowl of a food processor and process on high speed until the mixture is smooth and the mustard turns a bright green color, 1 1/2 minutes.
LIGHTLY season the lamb on all sides with the salt and pepper.
HEAT a large skillet or sauté pan over high heat. Add the oil and when hot, add the lamb and cook, turning until well browned, 3 to 4 minutes on meaty side, then 1 minute on bony side. Remove pan from heat.
TRANSFER the meat to a plate or baking sheet. Brush each rack with 1 Tbsp. of the herb mustard, coating the entire rack except for the bones; return to sauté pan; and roast to desired temperature, 12 to 15 minutes for medium rare.
PLACE the racks on a large cutting board and let rest for 1 to 2 minutes. Using a sharp knife, cut the racks into two 2-bone chops each and fan over the polenta. Spoon the Sun-Dried Tomato Jus over the meat and serve immediately.
Calories: 470; Total Fat: 14 G; Carbohydrate: 51 G; Dietary Fiber: 4 G; Protein: 32 G
Makes 1 1/2 cups
- 2 1/2 c. skim milk, rice milk, or Vegetable Stock (page 24)
- 1/2 c. polenta
- 2 Tbsp. (1 oz.) fresh goat cheese
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. fresh rosemary, minced
BRING liquid to simmer over medium-high heat in a small saucepot. Add polenta, reduce heat to medium-low, and stir until thick, about 5 minutes. Fold in the remaining ingredients and season to taste. Remove from flame and keep warm.
Sun-Dried Tomato Jus
Makes 1/2 cup
- 1/2 tsp. Miraval Oil Blend (page 19)
- 2 Tbsp. thinly sliced shallot
- 2 Tbsp. chopped sun-dried tomato
- 1 tsp. chopped fresh sage leaves
- 1 tsp. fresh thyme
- 1 whole black peppercorn
- 1 1/2 c. Veal Stock (page 25) or store-bought beef stock
- 1/2 c. Cabernet Sauvignon or Merlot
PREHEAT a small saucepot on medium-high heat. Sauté shallots, herbs, sun-dried tomato, and black peppercorn with the oil until aromatic, about 1 minute and 15 seconds. Add the wine into the pan and reduce by half, about 1 minute. Reduce heat to medium, add veal/beef stock, and simmer until sauce reduces by a third and just begins to thicken, about 17 minutes. Strain to remove peppercorn. Hold warm until ready to serve.