GRILLED SALMON WITH CHIPOTLE VINAIGRETTE
MAKES 4 SERVINGS
- 4 four-ounce skinless salmon fillets
- 1/8 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/8 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 4 c. mesclun salad mix
- 1 c. peeled and thinly sliced jicama
- 1 pear, cored and sliced thin
- ½ recipe Chipotle Vinaigrette (recipe follows)
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp. chopped chives
PREHEAT the grill to medium-high.
SEASON the salmon fillets with salt and pepper. Place the salmon on the hottest part of the grill and cook for 2 minutes. Turn the salmon and cook until medium-rare, 1 to 2 minutes.
REMOVE the salmon to a clean plate and let rest for 2 minutes.
TO serve, toss the salad mix, pear, jicama, and lemon juice with ½ tsp. of water. Divide the salad among four large plates.
TOP each portion of salad with one salmon fillet and drizzle with ¼ cup of the chipotle vinaigrette. Serve immediately.
CALORIES: 200; TOTAL FAT: 7 G; CARBOHYDRATE: 8 G; DIETARY FIBER: 3 G; PROTEIN: 23 G
MAKES 2 CUPS; SERVING SIZE: 2 TBSP.
- 1 c. rice wine vinegar
- 1 c. cored and quartered tomato
- 2 Tbsp. chopped cilantro
- 2 Tbsp. Thickened Vegetable Stock
- 1 Tbsp. canned chipotle chili with adobo sauce
- 1 Tbsp. chili powder
- 1 Tbsp. Miraval Oil Blend or canola oil
COMBINE all the ingredients except the oil in the bowl of a blender, and process on high speed to a smooth puree, 30 seconds. Lower the speed, and with the motor running, add the oil and process until smooth, 30 to 45 seconds.
USE immediately, or transfer to an airtight container and refrigerate until ready to use. (The dressing will keep refrigerated for up to three days.)