Here at Miraval, our philosophy is Mindfulness and in everything we do, we encourage our guests to live in the present moment and be mindful of what is going on around them. So when Christine Hassler approached us about bringing a retreat to Miraval that focuses on the millennial generation to help them stop obsessing about having “it all figured out” and live in the present moment while giving them tools to take proactive steps toward their goal, we thought it was a perfect fit. The reality of it is, in no point in your life will you have everything figured out, you’re not supposed to!
We hope you’ll join Christine Hassler at Miraval in July when she’ll share her recommendations and techniques for a Quarterlife Upgrade. Learn more about the Quarterlife Upgrade Retreat >
In order to create a life of meaning, you have to live it! And if you want to even more free advice, you are invited to join us at Miraval. I hope this advice helps you relax with the knowledge that you don't have to figure everything out and also ignites your sense of exploration, initiative and dedication to make a change.
- You will fail. Allow yourself to make mistakes. You will learn so much valuable insight and information from failure so stop playing it so safe. Not risking is risky
- Live your life according to your deepest values -- don't make hot, rich and famous your goal, because you'll never be fulfilled.
- Youth does not make you invincible, but it does give you the amazing opportunity to create habits for healthy living NOW so SLEEP. Eat green foods and ditch processed stuff (if you do not know or can't pronounce the ingredients, don't eat it!)
- Finding the career that is the best fit is often a process of elimination. Be open to pursuing different things but don’t be a jumper – give your 100% to each job and do not expect to love every moment of work.
- Friendships matter -- they contribute significantly to your health and longevity!! Ditch toxic friendships and put the effort into friends who inspire and support who you are and where you are headed.
- Answering the question, "What do I want to do with my life" is more often a process of elimination rather than a lightning bolt of inspiration.
- Develop your personal brand -- remember your passion makes you unique!!
- Learn the language of your intuition and how to recognize when your heart is speaking to you and then how to respond once it does.
- Find a cause that you have an emotional tie to, educate yourself on the mission and get involved. Service is a key ingredient to happiness.
- ALL relationships teach us valuable things about ourselves and are a catalyst for growth. Even if they end, they are a success if you are willing to look at what you learned about yourself.
Join millennial author and life coach Christine Hassler at Miraval July 17-20 for an unforgettable 4-Day Retreat that will bring you clarity and set you on the path to greater success.