DIRECTOR OF FINANCE - FULL TIME/SALARIED
This position will report to the Vice President of Finance and is responsible for the coordination of the company’s financial records and day-to-day financial matters. Develops and implements systems and procedures required for effective operations and timely fiscal monitoring and reporting. The Director of Finance will advise the Vice President of Finance and the Chief Financial Officer in related matters, and work closely and actively with all departments at the resort and corporate to ensure compliance with the budget, fiscal responsibility and success of the company.
- Prepare accurate and timely, internal and external, financial reports for the company.
- Financial reporting for all entities (Resort and Consolidated).
- Assist in preparation of monthly forecast.
- Assist in tracking company incentive and bonus plans.
- Assist in preparation of cash flow analysis.
- Other reports as required.
- Prepare reports and documentation for all audits; manage the outside auditors.
- Annual audit, tax returns and preparation of K-1’s.
- 401(k) audit, Worker’s Compensation, etc.
- Monitor the budget and work with the VP of Finance and the CFO to guide compliance in each department.
- Assist in preparation of annual, quarterly and monthly tax filings.
- Monitor accounts and requirements which require special attention, e.g., fixed assets, construction in progress, restricted cash, debt service coverage ratio, etc.
- Maintain, monitor and review various contracts and make recommendations where appropriate (equipment leases, corporate partnerships, insurance requirements, etc.).
- Responsible for keeping VP of Finance and CFO and senior management team apprised of all significant financial developments.
- Manages Staff Accountant and AP/Payroll Coordinator at Miraval Resort.
- Manage the budget preparation process for all entities.
- Work with VP of Finance and CFO to establish and monitor the company’s policies and procedures in regards to financial and accounting internal controls.
- Review and approve all balance sheet reconciliations.
- Completes other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance required.
- At least 5 years of accounting / finance related experience. Hotel/Resort experience preferred.
- Strong understanding of generally accepted accounting principles.
- Exceptional proficiency in Excel.
- Strong PC skills to include Word, Great Plains and back office/financial accounting systems.
- Ability to assemble, analyze, understand integrated spread sheets and complex technical information
- Effective organizational and prioritization skills necessary to meet deadlines
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to include weekends and holidays
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated team player.
- Must be able to make sound decisions.
- Must be a problem solver.
- Must be able to handle deadlines and related pressure.
- Must be able to participate in senior management meeting and make presentations on financial matters.
- Ability for manual dexterity to seize, grasp, turn and hold objects with hands
- Must be able to work stationary at a computer screen for long periods of time
- Requires ability to stand or sit for long periods of time
- Occasional kneeling, bending, crouching and climbing is required
- Must be able to speak and hear clearly to enforce policy
- Requires ability to lift and carry objects of up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to endure outdoor elements (heat, cold, wind, etc.) for short periods of time
- Requires physical stamina to walk to various resort locations on a sporadic basis
- Typical office environment.
- Attend management meetings as necessary.
- Direct the company’s financial and accounting functions including but not limited to: General Ledger, Income Audit, Accounts Payable, Cash Management, Accounts Receivable.
- Ensure that staff has the opportunity for career growth.