INCOME AUDITOR - FULL TIME
Works under daily supervision, reports to the Assistant Director of Finance. Overtime may be required from time to time, with supervisor approval. The Income auditor verifies the resorts income and settlements each day, records these transactions on a monthly spreadsheet, and prepares a daily income and daily productivity report based on payroll information from the timekeeping system. Investigates in-depth as needed and resolves discrepancies for any account relating to the host accounting system. The Income auditor assists with guest inquires to resolve credit card disputes. Prints gifts certificates, reconciles the folios and prepares subsidiary gift certificate logs.
- Prepares the daily report, which includes revenues, payroll and related statistics. Issues the daily report by 2:30 p.m. each day.
- Prepares the income journal by balancing all revenues and settlement activity.
- Verifies credit card collections from the bank, investigates credit card disputes and resolves disputes timely, working with the guests and the various credit card companies.
- Prepares the comp/in-house report and journal entry each Friday.
- Prints gift certificates and posts them to Springer Miller.
- Updates and maintains gift certificate logs, reconciles all gift certificate accounts in Springer Miller.
- At direction of supervisor, resolves guest disputes on charges and follow up on charge backs and returned checks.
- At direction of supervisor, posts adjustments on a limited basis in Springer Miller.
- Reviews the NextHealth and Sierra Tucson city ledgers and posts adjustments to clear balances as appropriate.
- Prepares the income journal, journal entry using the monthly totals from the daily income journal.
- Reconciles all general ledger credit card accounts to monthly banking activity and prepares outstanding receivables report each month.
- Does a final check of all gift certificate accounts in Springer Miller and posts any additional adjustments necessary in Springer Miller. Prints the final gift certificate folios and gift certificate logs, verifies that the folios and the logs reconcile.
- Does a final check of the comp charges/in-house credit report and prints the final report.
- Assists with the reconciliation of the Spa finders commission statements and the T/A commissions for group business.
- Special projects are assigned as deemed necessary by the Assistant Business Services Director.
- Cross trains in other areas in the Business Services dept. and assists in covering these areas when there are staffing
- Able to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- Works well with others, and has good communication skills
- Must have working knowledge of Excel or spreadsheet software, Word and windows based programs.
- Works as a team player.
- Is able to do day-to-day problem solving as these problems relate to the Income audit and daily accounting procedures in the Income audit area
- 2 to 5 years general hotel accounting experience
- Possess fluent use of the english language and ability to develop forecasts and financial statements.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or government regulations.
- Abilty to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals;
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of manager, clients, customers and general public.
PAYROLL MANAGER - FULL TIME/SALARIED
The Payroll Manager directs and manages payroll duties of Miraval Resort & Spa. The role is responsible for the development and implementation of payroll procedures to ensure timely processing of payroll and all financial obligations of Miraval related to the payroll process.
- Perform all regular duties and responsibilities associated with the preparation, generation, and distribution of the biweekly, monthly and supplemental payrolls; delegates appropriate responsibilities as necessary
- Develop/revise yearly payroll schedules, calendars, and employee notices
- Direct the reconciliation and payment of all liabilities generated in payroll process
- Oversee the preparation of all federal and state payroll reports and maintenance of payroll controls
- Develop, revise and maintain payroll documentation and Payroll Procedures Manual
- Work cooperatively with Human Resources to process new hires, leaves of absence, terminations and other employment-related issues
- Maintain all physical and computerized reports, records and other documents, including audible records.
- Assist auditors by providing documentation and/or explanation of financial records
- Collect data, prepare reports and provide analysis and recommendations relevant to payroll process, wage and salary issues, time and attendance tracking and leaves of absence to assist in the negotiation process with applicable employee groups
- Interpret Miraval policies and government regulations as they relate to the payroll function
- Work with the accounting staff and other departments to facilitate fiscal month-end, quarter-end and year-end processing
- Maintain effective communications between the payroll office and other Miraval departments, employees and outside agencies/vendors
- Assist with preparation of requested statistical and/or financial payroll reports, data, or estimates
- Coordinate payroll operations with the accounting and technical support components within the company, confer with other administrative and technical staff regarding changes and new systems, and participate in developing, implementing and testing of new systems and procedures
- Coordinate with Benefits personnel on vendor interfaces, updated data requirements, audits and testing. Manage all outside audit requests from state agencies, workers compensation and benefit vendors.
- Ensure compliance with all federal and state laws and regulations, including reporting requirements.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Detail oriented with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with payroll outsource processes (ADP experience preferred)
- Must possess knowledge of accounting procedures/processes and controls and of multi-state tax withholding requirements
- MS Office experience including proficiency with MS Word, MS Excel and MS PowerPoint
- Must possess strong analytical skills, ability to work independently, excellent interpersonal & organizational skills and attention to detail
- Project management experience and the ability to lead and direct cross-functional teams
- Ability to interpret and manage multiple customizations and external software that impacts the payroll process
- Ability to work in fast-paced, multi-task, deadline oriented environment