Cook 2 - Full Time PM
Miraval Resort is now hiring for an experienced Cook II. Become part of an amazing team as they create and prepare award winning cuisine in a World Class Resort. The Cook II requires 3-5 years of related experience in a fast-paced resort, hotel or free-standing restaurant with a high volume of upscale food production.
- Must be able to follow recipes and interpret directions
- must be skilled in the preparation of hot and cold food items including but not limited to: composed salads, dressings, hot and cold soups, starches, vegetables, meats, poultry, vegetarian dishes and seafood.
- able to work both buffet and ala carte food preparation stations
- proficient verbal and written communication skills are a must as well as the ability to work quickly and efficiently while maintaining cleanliness in the department
- must be proficient with kitchen knives and related equipment, and supply their own knives.
- While performing the duties of this job, the Cook II is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands and fingers, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; talk or hear; and taste and smell.
- must regularly lift and or move up to (20) pounds, frequently lift and or move up to (50) pounds and occasionally lift and or move up to (100) pounds with assistance.
- specific vision abilities required by this job include distance vision, color vision and peripheral vision
- must be able to read, understand and carry-out recipes and have basic understanding of math as it relates to recipes and conversions.