COOK - FULL TIME
Prepares, mis en place and needed ingredients for the soups, vegetables and meats as well as other hot or cold items on the line or pantry as the recipes for the evening menus indicate, while over seen by the PM Lead Cook I, Sous Chef, Executive Sous Chef or Executive Chef. Understands all seasonings and portion controls. Is responsible for either hot or cold lines during service and reports directly to the shift Sous Chef.
Is responsible for the sanitary and cleanliness of his station and other areas where needed in the kitchen. Understands and is learning the safe use of knives and the safe application of all equipment, tools in the kitchen. Cook 1 understands the temperature controls and adjustments for all stoves, grills, broilers and ovens. Along with specific job performance, other areas of general performance are evaluated; observe all kitchen rules, attitude and personal conduct.
- Checklists for opening and closing as per the chef’s instructions.
- Reading all reports concerning station as supervisor instructs.
- Understanding all cooking techniques recipe require.
- Use and safety of all equipment and the proper cleaning of all equipment and area.
- Proper ingredient use
- Understanding recipes and following method properly
- Must follow the safety, health and sanitation rules that apply to the kitchen and F&B department.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the Chef or immediate supervisors.
- Maintains a neat, clean and orderly work area.
- At least 2 years kitchen experience.
- Must understand all aspects of the kitchen, kitchen tools and equipment.
- Must be able to design specials for daily menu.
- One year certificate from college or technical school; or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.