COOK - FULL TIME
Prepares, mis en place and needed ingredients for the soups, vegetables and meats as well as other hot or cold items on the line or pantry as the recipes for the evening menus indicate, while over seen by the PM Lead Cook I, Sous Chef, Executive Sous Chef or Executive Chef. Understands all seasonings and portion controls. Is responsible for either hot or cold lines during service and reports directly to the shift Sous Chef.
Is responsible for the sanitary and cleanliness of his station and other areas where needed in the kitchen. Understands and is learning the safe use of knives and the safe application of all equipment, tools in the kitchen. Cook 1 understands the temperature controls and adjustments for all stoves, grills, broilers and ovens. Along with specific job performance, other areas of general performance are evaluated; observe all kitchen rules, attitude and personal conduct.
- Checklists for opening and closing as per the chef’s instructions.
- Reading all reports concerning station as supervisor instructs.
- Understanding all cooking techniques recipe require.
- Use and safety of all equipment and the proper cleaning of all equipment and area.
- Proper ingredient use
- Understanding recipes and following method properly
- Must follow the safety, health and sanitation rules that apply to the kitchen and F&B department.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the Chef or immediate supervisors.
- Maintains a neat, clean and orderly work area.
- At least 2 years kitchen experience.
- Must understand all aspects of the kitchen, kitchen tools and equipment.
- Must be able to design specials for daily menu.
- One year certificate from college or technical school; or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
PASTRY CHEF - FULL TIME/SALARIED
Supervising Pastry Department and responsible for overseeing shift and employees.
- Assist in menu and recipe development
- Maintain a profitable food cost; meeting or surpassing projected guidelines
- Be aware of and supervise labor hours, to adhere to labor cost guidelines
- Supervise food preparation and service for each day, to meet or exceed established standards and consistency
- Continuously train all culinary staff members
- Maintain pars and production guides for all kitchen employees
- Maintain the cleanliness and sanitation of kitchen
- Continuously check the plate presentations; use of proper recipes and portions of food to specification
- Responsible for creating new desserts, bread, pastries and daily specials, prepared within Miraval’s culinary guidelines
- Must keep abreast of the new dessert, bread and pastry ideas in order to keep Miraval on the cutting edge of spa culinary focus
- Will adhere to and enforce all company policies
- Manages subordinates to ensure consistency in preparation of food, recipes are adhered to and proper food plating
- Responsible for managing the overall direction, coordination, scheduling, payroll, hiring, disciplining and evaluation of all pastry employees
- Set a professional leadership manner as an example for pastry crew and other kitchen staff
- Minimum of 2 years pastry school education with a certification
- 5 years of practical pastry experience in an upscale environment
- Able to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Able to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals
- Able to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public
- Able to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Able to compute rate, ratio and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs
- Able to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
- Able to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations
- Must be able to follow directions and make sense and follow recipes and methods of cooking, as directed by the Chef.
- Must be able to differentiate between right and wrong procedures
- Must have a certified Food Handler’s Permit issued by the Pima County Health Department
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk and ascend and descend stairs, use hands and fingers, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; talk or hear; and taste and smell
- Must regularly life and or move up to ten pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to fifty pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.Specific vision abilities required by this job include distance vision, color vision and peripheral vision.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in outside weather conditions
- Noise level is moderate – normal restaurant activities