Cook II - Full Time
Become part of an amazing team as they create and prepare award winning cuisine in a World Class Resort.
- 3-5 years of related experience in a fast-paced resort, hotel or free-standing restaurant with a high volume of upscale food production
- must be able to follow recipes and interpret directions
- candidate must be skilled in the preparation of hot and cold food items including but not limited to: composed salads, dressings, hot and cold soups, starches, vegetables, meats, poultry, vegetarian dishes and seafood
- able to work both buffet and ala carte food preparation stations
- proficient verbal and written communication skills are a must as well as the ability to work quickly and efficiently while maintaining cleanliness in the department
- must be proficient with kitchen knives and related equipment, and supply their own knives
- while performing the duties of this job, the Cook II is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands and fingers, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; talk or hear; and taste and smell
- the employee must regularly lift and or move up to (20) pounds, frequently lift and or move up to (50) pounds and occasionally lift and or move up to (100) pounds with assistance
- specific vision abilities required by this job include distance vision, color vision and peripheral vision
- must be able to read, understand and carry-out recipes
- have basic understanding of math as it relates to recipes and conversions
Pastry Cook - Full Time
As an integral part of our culinary team, prepares, mis en place and needed ingredients for the desserts as the recipes indicate with the instruction while over seen by the Sous Chef, Executive Sous Chef or Executive Chef.
- Understands all flavorings and portion controls.
- Is responsible for either hot or cold desserts during service and reports directly to the shift Pastry Chef.
- Is responsible for the sanitary and cleanliness of the station and other areas where needed in the kitchen.
- Understands and is learning the safe use of knives and the safe application of all equipment, tools in the kitchen.
- Understands the temperature controls and adjustments for all stoves, grills, broilers and ovens.
- Along with specific job performance, other areas of general performance are evaluated; observe all kitchen rules, interactions and personal conduct.
- Checklists for opening and closing as per the Chef's instructions.
- Reading all reports concerning station as supervisor instructs.
- Understanding all cooking techniques recipe require.
- Use and safety of all equipment and the proper cleaning of all equipment and area.
- Proper ingredient use
- Understanding recipes and following method properly
- Must follow the safety, health and sanitation rules that apply to the kitchen and F&B department.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the Chef or immediate supervisors.
- Maintains a neat, clean and orderly work area.
- At least 2 years kitchen pastry experience.
- Must understand all aspects of the kitchen, kitchen tools and equipment. Must be able to design specials for daily menu.
- Ability to read, speak and communicate effectively in English and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to guests, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to add and subtract, multiply and divide and understand and convert measurements. Ability to perform these operations using units of weight measurement, volume, and distance.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Must be able to follow direction and make sense and follow recipes and methods of cooking as directed by the chef. Must be able to differentiated between right and wrong procedures as well as sage and hazardous as instructed
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and walk at least 95% of the time, use hands and fingers, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; talk or hear; and taste and smell, bend, reach, and twist.
- The employee must regularly lift and or move up to (10) pounds, frequently lift and or move up to (50) pounds and occasionally lift and or move up to (100) pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include distance vision, color vision and peripheral vision.