Cook II - Full Time
Become part of an amazing team as they create and prepare award winning cuisine in a World Class Resort.
- 3-5 years of related experience in a fast-paced resort, hotel or free-standing restaurant with a high volume of upscale food production
- must be able to follow recipes and interpret directions
- candidate must be skilled in the preparation of hot and cold food items including but not limited to: composed salads, dressings, hot and cold soups, starches, vegetables, meats, poultry, vegetarian dishes and seafood
- able to work both buffet and ala carte food preparation stations
- proficient verbal and written communication skills are a must as well as the ability to work quickly and efficiently while maintaining cleanliness in the department
- must be proficient with kitchen knives and related equipment, and supply their own knives
- while performing the duties of this job, the Cook II is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands and fingers, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; talk or hear; and taste and smell
- the employee must regularly lift and or move up to (20) pounds, frequently lift and or move up to (50) pounds and occasionally lift and or move up to (100) pounds with assistance
- specific vision abilities required by this job include distance vision, color vision and peripheral vision
- must be able to read, understand and carry-out recipes
- have basic understanding of math as it relates to recipes and conversions
Executive Sous Chef - Full Time/Salaried
Primary responsibility is to assist the Executive Chef in setting the leadership standard in providing direction and supervision to culinary staff in the Kitchen's daily operations including but not limitied to Food Service.The Executive Sous Chef is the lead Manager on Duty for the Kitchen and with the Director serves as a role model of personal and professional values across Miraval.The Exective Sous Chef oversees the coordination of all guest nutritional needs, staff scheduling, product and supplies management and the attention to the details in the Miraval's Culinary Standards.
- Champions the policies, procedures anddaily operating standards for each department in the spa as well as for the culinary operation as a whole.
- Following the direction of the Executive Chef, the Executive Sous Chef, coordinates and assists in the refinement of policies, procedures, service protocols and job descriptions for each department and position in the Culinary area.
- Works with the Exective Chef to manage the Human Resouce aspects of performance appraisals and employee development including; documentation, assessment, measurement and communication for exceptional results.
- Stays abreast of emerging food trends in the Industry and reccomends how they can be integrated into the Miraval's nutritional criteria.
- Maintains a cooperative and professional work relationship with all auxiliary resort departments.
- Assists in developing and implementing budgets, monitors revenues and operating costs.
- Assists with marketing and public relations to help create and present a marketable facility.
- Manages ESHA Nutritional system and its use to take better advantage of the various tools.
- Perform other duties, tasks and projects as assigned by the Director.
- With the Executive Chef, is responsible for overall direction, coordination, evaluation and team building of the Culinary staff.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable state and federal laws.
- Addresses complaints and resolves problems.
- Safety and security of guests, staff and all Miraval property
- Strong leadership and organizational skills necessary to manage various departments as well as total Culinary operation.
- Possess business and financial skills to assist in developing and analyzing budgets, management and financial reports, cost analysis, etc.
- Must display appropriate social skills, congeniality, confidentially and discretion necessary to make guests feel comfortable and welcome and serve as a role model for employees.
- Demonstrated experience and ability to mentor, teach, supervise, motivate, monitor, encourage and support the advancement and continuity of staff.
- Must possess strong appreciation and skills of attention to detail, completion of tasks in a time sensitive manner, ability to manage various tasks and projects and ability to priortize.
- Full time, flexible availibility.
- Previous Chef or Sous Chef experience preferred, 3-5 years of direct kitchen supervision in a full service, large volume, resort setting required.
- Culinary Hospitality Education and other resort experience a plus.
- Possess fluent use of the English language.
- Ability to effectively communicate with members of the Media and relate the Miraval Experience in an authentic and personal manner.
- Ability to develop forecasts and analyze financial statements.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or government regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, staff and the general public.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to perform and record accurate and timely inventories over a variety of goods and supplies.
- Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to evaluate data from a variety of sources to establish trends, recognize patterns and realize opportunities.
- Ability to think and reason stratigically to establish goals and objectives on a regular basis.
- Ability to assess, recommend and act to maintain standards and meet expectations.
- Ability and sensitivity to customize and individualize reponses to situations for each guest or staff member in alignment to the standards and values of the Culinary and F&B and Miraval.
- While performing the duties of this job, regularly required to walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; and taste or smell.The employee sometimes is required to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, climb or balance and ascend or descend flights of stairs and ramps.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to ten (10) pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to twenty-five (25) pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than fifty (50) pounds.Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision,and depth perception.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is usually exposed to an indoor climate controlled environment and frequently exposed to a variable outdoor environment.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
Pastry Cook - Full Time
As an integral part of our culinary team, prepares, mis en place and needed ingredients for the desserts as the recipes indicate with the instruction while over seen by the Sous Chef, Executive Sous Chef or Executive Chef.
- Understands all flavorings and portion controls.
- Is responsible for either hot or cold desserts during service and reports directly to the shift Pastry Chef.
- Is responsible for the sanitary and cleanliness of the station and other areas where needed in the kitchen.
- Understands and is learning the safe use of knives and the safe application of all equipment, tools in the kitchen.
- Understands the temperature controls and adjustments for all stoves, grills, broilers and ovens.
- Along with specific job performance, other areas of general performance are evaluated; observe all kitchen rules, interactions and personal conduct.
- Checklists for opening and closing as per the Chef's instructions.
- Reading all reports concerning station as supervisor instructs.
- Understanding all cooking techniques recipe require.
- Use and safety of all equipment and the proper cleaning of all equipment and area.
- Proper ingredient use
- Understanding recipes and following method properly
- Must follow the safety, health and sanitation rules that apply to the kitchen and F&B department.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the Chef or immediate supervisors.
- Maintains a neat, clean and orderly work area.
- At least 2 years kitchen pastry experience.
- Must understand all aspects of the kitchen, kitchen tools and equipment. Must be able to design specials for daily menu.
- Ability to read, speak and communicate effectively in English and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to guests, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to add and subtract, multiply and divide and understand and convert measurements. Ability to perform these operations using units of weight measurement, volume, and distance.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Must be able to follow direction and make sense and follow recipes and methods of cooking as directed by the chef. Must be able to differentiated between right and wrong procedures as well as sage and hazardous as instructed
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and walk at least 95% of the time, use hands and fingers, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; talk or hear; and taste and smell, bend, reach, and twist.
- The employee must regularly lift and or move up to (10) pounds, frequently lift and or move up to (50) pounds and occasionally lift and or move up to (100) pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include distance vision, color vision and peripheral vision.