The PM Cook I is a line level position that is responsible for the daily preparation, organization and set up of the mise en place required for the complete set up of their station in a timely manner, including soups, sauces, vegetables and butchering and portioning of meats, poultry and seafood, as well as other items on the line as the recipes for the rotating dinner menus indicate. The qualified applicant for this position will have the ability and desire to work the line each night in a fast paced, high pressure environment. This position requires strong skills in knife work, time management as well as extensive experience in different methods of cooking, including sautéing, grilling and braising items to order, consistently turning out a product that tastes and looks great while following nutritional guidelines.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Checklists for opening and closing as per the Chef’s instructions.
• Reading all reports concerning station as supervisor instructs.
• Understanding all cooking techniques recipe require.
• Use and safety of all equipment and the proper cleaning of all equipment and area.
• Proper ingredient use
• Understanding recipes and following method properly
• Must follow the safety, health and sanitation rules that apply to the kitchen and F&B department.
• Performs other related duties as assigned by the Chef or immediate supervisors.
• Maintains a neat, clean and orderly work area.
• At least 2 years kitchen experience. Must understand all aspects of the kitchen, kitchen tools and equipment.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk and ascend and descend stairs, use hands and fingers, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; talk or hear; and taste and smell. The employee must regularly lift and or move up to (10) pounds, frequently lift and or move up to (50) pounds and occasionally lift and or move up to (100) pounds with assistance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include distance vision, color vision and peripheral vision.
Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing. Must be able to read, understand and carry-out recipes and have basic understanding of math as it relates to recipes and conversions.