IT Support Technician - Full Time
The IT Support Technician will be responsible for handling all IT-related activities. He or she will interact with company users and guests on all levels to provide prompt answers and assistance and resolve all hardware and software issues in a timely manner.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Technician Duties of Telephone and Ethernet Wiring
Create and Maintain Technical Documentation
Serves as point of contact for all user requests for all resort systems.
You’ll be at the very busy front-line, dealing directly with customers who have technical issues such as forgotten passwords, viruses or email issues. Tasks may include:
• Accepts PC and application support calls and emails from resort users and follows through to address and resolve issues as expediently as possible.
• Logs customer/employee queries
• Analyzes call logs to spot trends and underlying issues
• Schedules and performs regular software and hardware maintenance for all user workstations.
• Installing and configuring computer systems
• Diagnosing and solving hardware/software faults
• Tests, documents and resolves conflicts with PC hardware and software.
• Follows appropriate standards of PC configurations and software installations.
• Build laptops and desktops as needed, according to established standards.
• Provides on call support as scheduled.
• Establishes priorities for daily and project related tasks based on business needs and established service levels to meet deadlines.
• Responds to the needs and questions of network users concerning their access to resources on the network and the operation of various software programs.
• Brings forth any issues that may affect system capacity or the need to acquire new equipment.
• Ensures adequate systems coverage to all users is maintained at all times.
• Ensures company software, hardware, e-mail and internet policies are enforced.
• Writes progress reports to inform management of systems and operational issues.
• Updates operating system and applications as required.
• Loads, updates and assists with usage of software applications as required.
• Manages usage of resort network, network printing, and network technical resources.
• Maintains current inventory of all network and workstation software and hardware.
• Consults with management team to determine equipment requirements.
Background in IT support
Strong leadership and professionalism
Proactive guest service and hospitality skills
Exceptional time management and organizational skills
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Strong multi-tasking capabilities
Detail orientation and a superior level of computer knowledge and literacy
Able to talk about technology in simple terms
A logical thinker
An excellent problem solver with strong analytical skills
Like to keep up to date with the latest technology
Ideal candidate will model and embrace Miraval’s values of healthful living.
If you are ...then you're perfect for the role. But it’s not all about being good with computers – customer service and interpersonal skills are just as important, so personality still counts.
Education and Experience:
2 – 4 years of related IT experience
Ability to work a flexible and varied schedule
Requires A+ certification, Net+ preferred
Hands on wiring/Ethernet cabling experience
Previous experience with Imaging Software, Active Directory, and IP Telephony are a plus
Previous work experience in a hotel/resort setting is preferred