Pool Maintenance Technician - Full Time
The Pool Technician will report directly to the Director of Engineering. The primary role for this position is to ensure the efficient and effective maintenance of all pools, hot tubs, water fountains adn water features on the Miraval Resort property as directed by the Director of Engineering. In addition, the position will be assigned various maintenance responsibilities associated with the upkeep of the Miraval Resort facility, buildings adn rooms.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Daily maintenance and upkeep of the 4 pools, 6 hot tubs, 6 water fountains and 3 water features on the property grounds. Tasks include but are not limited to; cleaning, adding and balancing chemicals, checking and cleaning filters, cleaning pump strainers, cleaning skimmer baskets, checking mechanical equipment, completing mechanical repairs, securing pool/hot tub covers and draining/refilling units.
- Adjusts water chemical balance as needed by adding chemicals to water, after calculating the proper amounts to be added to the water for proper balancing.
- Brushes pool walls and floors with pool brush (when water is in the pool)
- Repairs pool intake and drain valves (when water is in the pool)
- Cleans pool water filters as needed
- Maintains pool and spa facilities including pumps, filters, and mechanical, constructions and electrical maintenance
- Performs clean-up duties for pools and spas including vacuuming pools and facilities and chemical treatments
- Completes daily chemical usage reports and water quality and maintains reports on repairs and supplies.
- Able to monitor and program pool & spa timers and equipment
- Able to work a flexible schedule and respond to emergencies as needed
- Able to work with guests in a friendly and professional manner at all times
- Able to prioritize work as needed
- Performs any assigned maintenance tasks associated with the upkeep of the Miraval resort buildings and rooms.
- Provides outstanding guest service to both internal and external guests
Minimum Job Requirements:
- At least 2 years of current hands-on experience with pool and spa maintenance to include plumbing, electrical, and painting as a Pool Technician.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Valid AZ Driver License
- Pool Certified - Certified Pool Operator License is required
- Able to pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check
- General knowledge of maintenance skills such as carpentry, HVAC, electrical, etc.
- Able to communicate effectively in English both verbally and in writing
- Must be able to read English to interpret, understand and apply directions, blueprints, safety material etc.
- Basic mathamatical skills required such as addition, subtraction, estimating, percentages, and fractions.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Use judgment effectively to ensure that jobs are completed in the most cost-efficient way.
- Able to meet deadlines as scheduled
- Read and understand blueprints, mechanical and repair manuals
- Organizes self and works well independently
- Knows mechanical, electrical, and construction repair techniques
- Is aware of safety hazards and applicable safety precautions required in the use of assigned tools
Physical Requirements / Work Environment:
- Majority of the time work will be performed outside in ever changing elements such as heat, rain, cold, wind etc.
- Noise level of mechanical equipment can be high
- Operating in a potentially wet environment
- Able to lift 80 lbs. without assistance
- Required to walk and stand 95% of the time
- Will require bending, stooping, kneeling, stretching, pushing, pulling, lifting and twisting
- Requires manual dexterity regularly working using hands, wrists and arms
- Must be able to read, write, speak, communicate and understand English