Maintenance and Engineering Positions
Maintenance Engineer - Full Time
The FT Maintenance Engineer is responsible for the general maintenance and corrective action repairs on all of the company's property by performing carpentry, plumbing, and basic electrical work. A maintenance engineer must possess a good knowledge of blueprint reading, job planning, and layout methods. These methods include the use of mechanical fasteners such as clamps, screws and bolts, as well as chemical joining and sealing using glue, putty, paints and preservatives. Ability to use hand and power tools to build and repair, be able to repair cabinets, bulletin boards, desks, tables, partitions and office equipment and furniture, application of roofing materials such as tar paper, tile, composition, wood, corrugated or flat shingles, hang inside and outside doors, windows and paneling, work on ladders, scaffolds, platforms.
- Must be able to work independently with little direct supervision
- make minor repairs to ceiling and walls
- perform general cleaning of shop area
- Guest interaction - respond in a courteous professional manner to guest questions, and complaints or requests
- Change HVAC filters
- maintain all lighting on the property by repair and relamping as needed
- maintain tools, work spaces and equipment
- must be able to read, understand, and use MSDS sheets
- follow hazardous material/disposal procedures
- Knowledge of and experience working on kitchen and laundry equipment is a plus
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent and at least 3 years experience in a hotel/resort environment.
- Be able to be certified on pools.
Pool Technician - Villas Engineering - Full Time
The person in this position is responsible for reporting to the Villas Manager and/or Director of Engineering. This person’s primary role is to ensure the efficient and effective maintenance of all pools, hot tubs and water features in the Villas as directed by the Villas Manager and/or Director of Engineering.In addition, this person will be assigned maintenance responsibilities associated the upkeep of the Villas.
- Daily maintenance and upkeep of the 7 pools, 22 hot tubs and 16 water features in the Villas, including, but not limited to; cleaning, adding chemicals, checking filters, checking mechanical equipment, completing mechanical repairs, securing pool/hot tub covers and draining/refilling individual units
- Perform maintenance tasks associated with the upkeep of 16 luxury homes
- Provides outstanding guest service to both internal and external guests
- Extensive knowledge of pool care, maintenance and repair
- A minimum of 2 years experience as a pool technician
- Pool certification is required for this position
- General knowledge of maintenance skills such as carpentry, HVAC, electrical, etc.
- Additional skills/certifications desirable.
- High school degree or GED as well as 2 years experience working in a pool technician capacity.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English
- Basic mathematical skills required, addition, subtraction, estimating
- The ability to determine what action is required to ensure the care and maintenance of pools and water features
- An acute eye for detail
- Pool certification required.
- Heavy lifting of pool covers/equipment
- Full, eight hours, in high temperatures
- Noise level of mechanical equipment can be high
- High outside temperatures, monsoons
- Mainly independent work environment