LANDSCAPER - FULL TIME
The Landscape Gardener will report directly to the Director of Engineering. The landscaper will ensure the efficient and effective maintenance of all landscaping initiatives as directed by the Director of Engineering.
- Daily maintenance of the grounds including but not limited to: irrigation repairs, planting, trimming, sweeping, raking and general landscaping duties.
- The use of hand tools, electric tools and driving a cart to haul trimmings and hardware.
- Provide outstanding Guest Service to both our guests and employees at all times
- The ideal candidate will have at least one year of hands-on landscape experience where responsibility has included large areas to maintain, working as a team and at times independently.
- Must be able to withstand ever changing weather, as this position will be working outside 95% of the time in.
- Must be able to withstand constant bending, reaching, pulling and pushing, lifting of items over 50 pounds, walking, and constant physical movement.
- Must be able to communicate clearly, take and understand direction and ask for clarification when needed.
MAINTENANCE ENGINEER - FULL TIME
The maintenance engineer will report to the Director of Engineering. The Maintenance Engineer is responsible for the general maintenance and corrective action repairs on all of the company's property by performing carpentry, plumbing, and basic electrical work.
- Use hand and power tools to build and repair, be able to repair cabinets, bulletin boards, desks, tables, partitions and office equipment and furniture, application of roofing materials such as tar paper, tile, composition, wood, corrugated or flat shingles, hang inside and outside doors, windows and paneling, work on ladders, scaffolds, platforms.
- Change HVAC filters, maintain all lighting on the property by repair and re-lamping as needed, maintain tools, work spaces and equipment, must be able to read, understand, and use MSDS sheets, follow hazardous material/disposal procedures.
- Interact with guests in a courteous professional manner; answer guest questions, and complaints or requests.
- must possess a good knowledge of blueprint reading, job planning, and layout methods including: the use of mechanical fasteners such as clamps, screws and bolts, as well as chemical joining and sealing using glue, putty, paints and preservatives.
- Must be able to work independently with little direct supervision, make minor repairs to ceiling and walls, and perform general cleaning of shop area.
- Knowledge of and experience working on kitchen and laundry equipment is a plus.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- At least 2 years of experience working in a hotel/resort environment.
- Be able to be certified on pools.
POOL MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN - FULL TIME
The Pool Technician will report directly to the Director of Engineering. The primary role for this position is to ensure the efficient and effective maintenance of all pools, hot tubs, water fountains and water features on the Miraval Resort property as directed by the Director of Engineering. In addition, the position will be assigned various maintenance responsibilities associated with the upkeep of the Miraval Resort facility, buildings and rooms.
- Daily maintenance and upkeep of the 4 pools, 6 hot tubs, 6 water fountains and 3 water features on the property grounds. Tasks include but are not limited to; cleaning, adding and balancing chemicals, checking and cleaning filters, cleaning pump strainers, cleaning skimmer baskets, checking mechanical equipment, completing mechanical repairs, securing pool/hot tub covers and draining/refilling units.
- Adjusts water chemical balance as needed by adding chemicals to water, after calculating the proper amounts to be added to the water for proper balancing.
- Brushes pool walls and floors with pool brush (when water is in the pool)
- Repairs pool intake and drain valves (when water is in the pool)
- Cleans pool water filters as needed
- Maintains pool and spa facilities including pumps, filters, and mechanical, constructions and electrical maintenance
- Performs clean-up duties for pools and spas including vacuuming pools and facilities and chemical treatments
- Completes daily chemical usage reports and water quality and maintains reports on repairs and supplies.
- Able to monitor and program pool & spa timers and equipment
- Able to work a flexible schedule and respond to emergencies as needed
- Able to work with guests in a friendly and professional manner at all times
- Able to prioritize work as needed
- Performs any assigned maintenance tasks associated with the upkeep of the Miraval resort buildings and rooms.
- Provides outstanding guest service to both internal and external guests
- At least 2 years of current hands-on experience with pool and spa maintenance to include plumbing, electrical, and painting as a Pool Technician.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Valid AZ Driver License
- Pool Certified - Certified Pool Operator License is required
- Able to pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check
- General knowledge of maintenance skills such as carpentry, HVAC, electrical, etc.
- Able to communicate effectively in English both verbally and in writing
- Must be able to read English to interpret, understand and apply directions, blueprints, safety material etc.
- Basic mathamatical skills required such as addition, subtraction, estimating, percentages, and fractions.
- Use judgment effectively to ensure that jobs are completed in the most cost-efficient way.
- Able to meet deadlines as scheduled
- Read and understand blueprints, mechanical and repair manuals
- Organizes self and works well independently
- Knows mechanical, electrical, and construction repair techniques
- Is aware of safety hazards and applicable safety precautions required in the use of assigned tools
- Majority of the time work will be performed outside in ever changing elements such as heat, rain, cold, wind etc.
- Noise level of mechanical equipment can be high
- Operating in a potentially wet environment
- Able to lift 80 lbs. without assistance
- Required to walk and stand 95% of the time
- Will require bending, stooping, kneeling, stretching, pushing, pulling, lifting and twisting
- Requires manual dexterity regularly working using hands, wrists and arms
- Must be able to read, write, speak, communicate and understand English