Duty Engineer - Full Time
The Duty Engineer is responsible for the general maintenance and corrective action repairs on all of the company's property by performing carpentry, plumbing, and basic electrical work.
- must possess a good knowledge of blueprint reading, job planning, and layout methods. These methods include the use of mechanical fasteners such as clamps, screws and bolts, as well as chemical joining and sealing using glue, putty, paints and preservatives.
- ability to use hand and power tools to build and repair,
- be able to repair cabinets, bulletin boards, desks, tables, partitions and office equipment and furniture, application of roofing materials such as tar paper, tile, composition, wood, corrugated or flat shingles, hang inside and outside doors, windows and paneling, work on ladders, scaffolds, platforms.
- must be able to work independently with little direct supervision, make minor repairs to ceiling and walls, and perform general cleaning of shop area.
- guest interaction - respond in a courteous professional manner to guest questions, and complaints or requests.
- change HVAC filters, maintain all lighting on the property by repair and relamping as needed,
- must be able to maintain tools, work spaces and equipment
- must be able to read, understand, and use MSDS sheets and follow hazardous material/disposal procedures.
- knowledge of and experience working on kitchen and laundry equipment is a plus.
- must have a high school diploma or equivalent and at least 3 years experience in a hotel/resort environment.
- must be able to be certified on pools.