Maintenance and Engineering Positions
DIRECTOR OF ENGINEERING - FULL TIME/SALARIED
Maintain the entire resort facility, including the physical building structures, all mechanical, electrical, HVAC systems, and related equipment in accordance with energy conservation and preventive maintenance programs. Ensure the upkeep of guest areas to maintain an attractive property.
- Conduct walk-throughs and visually assess the safe and efficient maintenance and operation of all physical structure(s) of the hotel, all mechanical, electrical, HVAC systems and any other related equipment.
- Verify completion of all routine maintenance on public spaces, meeting rooms, guest’s rooms, outlets, back of the house spaces and grounds.
- Verify completion of all repairs, replacement and renovation projects of offices and employee work areas.
- Adhere to all resort required purchasing policies and controls, including, but not limited to, appropriate outside contractor bids, budgets, and schedules.
- Follow prescribed safety procedures for personnel and equipment by the resort and OSHA.
- Due to the cyclical nature of the resort, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the resort. In addition, attendance at all scheduled training sessions and meetings is required.
- Maintain effective energy management and preventive maintenance programs and conduct special training for other operating departments on the safe and efficient use of equipment and energy within the resort.
- Inform the General Manager on a regular basis of the specific and overall condition of the resort structure(s), related systems and equipment in order to offer prudent, cost effective proposals for maintaining these systems.
- Access and input information into a computer and generate reports.
- Supervision necessary for repairs and maintenance throughout the hotel
- Prepare technical data, bidding, project work, alterations and repairs for the property.
- Must have basic knowledge of building codes.
- Actively train in fire prevention, environmental health/safety and engineering systems.
- Attend all meetings regarding resorts operations, i.e., department, safety, fire, health and quality improvement.
- Oversee water features/treatment programs.
- Assist in hiring, training, supervising and disciplining department staff.
- Must be self-motivated and a problem solver.
- High School or equivalent education required. Bachelor’s Degree or related technical school degree preferred.
- Five to seven years in a major hotel, hospital, or building, including four years in a supervisory capacity.
- Must be fluent in English; bilingual preferred.
- Should possess excellent communication and listening skills.
- Able to create Microsoft Excel formulas and spreadsheets.
- Enter approved purchase orders, American Express receipts, and petty cash in Excel checkbook and balance monthly to General Ledger accounts.
Maintenance Engineer - Full Time
The FT Maintenance Engineer is responsible for the general maintenance and corrective action repairs on all of the company's property by performing carpentry, plumbing, and basic electrical work. A maintenance engineer must possess a good knowledge of blueprint reading, job planning, and layout methods. These methods include the use of mechanical fasteners such as clamps, screws and bolts, as well as chemical joining and sealing using glue, putty, paints and preservatives. Ability to use hand and power tools to build and repair, be able to repair cabinets, bulletin boards, desks, tables, partitions and office equipment and furniture, application of roofing materials such as tar paper, tile, composition, wood, corrugated or flat shingles, hang inside and outside doors, windows and paneling, work on ladders, scaffolds, platforms.
- Must be able to work independently with little direct supervision
- make minor repairs to ceiling and walls
- perform general cleaning of shop area
- Guest interaction - respond in a courteous professional manner to guest questions, and complaints or requests
- Change HVAC filters
- maintain all lighting on the property by repair and relamping as needed
- maintain tools, work spaces and equipment
- must be able to read, understand, and use MSDS sheets
- follow hazardous material/disposal procedures
- Knowledge of and experience working on kitchen and laundry equipment is a plus
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent and at least 3 years experience in a hotel/resort environment.
- Be able to be certified on pools.