BUFFET ATTENDANT - FULL TIME
To ensure quality service to all guests. Make sure table appearance and restaurant are spotless at all times. Adhere to all rules, regulations, uniform codes and standards of the hotel. Continuously work towards making an environment that functions smoothly.
- Responsible for bussing and setting buffet.
- Set up bus stations with glassware, tea set-ups, coffee, tea, lemons and ice. Keep items stocked throughout your shift.
- Keep dining room set up completely and correctly with clean, polished silverware, clean linen and glassware.
- Break down bus stations at the end of the evening, including cleaning all work areas and materials used.
- Clear each course after everyone at the table has finished eating, unless the guest asks you not to. Remove items from the table that the customer does not need.
- Re-set tables. Check linen for cleanliness and proper placement. Silverware should be polished and evenly set.
- Assist the servers in any way possible to assure quality service.
- Assist your teammates in any area needed.
- Previous bussing or F&B experience.
SERVER ASSISTANT - PART TIME
To assist the servers in any way possible to ensure guest satisfaction, while maintaining the stock and cleanliness of the restaurant. To make a grand first impression upon arriaval and solidify a memorable dining experience upon departure by courteously greeting guests with a smile and enthusiasm. Volunteering assistance and information whenever necessary and handling all requests in an expedient, professional manner.
- Arrive to work on time, dressed in full uniform and wearing name tag.
- Anticipates and serves guest requirements before requests are necessary.
- Resets tables as directed by management in an efficient and complete manner.
- Maintains supplies necessary for the team to provide the best service possible.
- Maintains a neat and organized station, side station, and kitchen work area, including linens, china, glassware, silverware and table condiments.
- Completes the opening and closing side work as assigned.
- Assists the server with the service to the table including water, coffee, iced tea, etc.
- May also include, upon completion of training and excellent performance reviews, the responsibilities of a Runner, this includes running food and beverages to and from the bar and kitchen area
- Communicate with the hostess on table turnover and at which time certain tables should be set and the correct number of people
- Advise manager of any complaints so they can be rectified immediately.
- Understand the telephone system, answer calls in a pleasant manner, responding to requests and transferring calls to the appropriate extension. Take reservations and answer any questions on information made available to you. Refer to the "Reservation Procedure Document" and the "Telephone Techniques Document."
- Give guests constant pampered service and act as Host/Hostess in the dining room during manager's absence or request.
- Solicit feedback from guests regarding meal, atmosphere,etc.
- Observe all areas and department which have a direct effect on each guest's experience
- Always wears the appropriate uniform as prescribed by policy and maintains personal cleanliness.
- Ensures that the floors are swept or vacuumed and free of dirt and debris.
- Works to prevent and eliminate waste.
- Set and re-set tables as needed, polish and wrap silverware, fill water, assist Servers with guest service and perform other food service related duties as needed.
- This position requires standing and walking 95% of the time, lifting up to 25 pounds, reaching, bending, pushing and pulling.
- Must have excellent customer service skills, able to anticipate guest needs and be able to work independently when needed.
- Must consistently demonstrate and project a professional guest oriented and friendly demeanor, and display excellent English language communication skills.
- Previous experience in a fine dining environment is highly desirable.