Food and Beverage Positions
Food and Beverage Director - Full Time/Salaried
Execute Department vision and ongoing development to excel guest expectations, grow revenues and profit margins. Work in concert with the culinary team to oversee and grow all outlets and banqueting while providing effective ongoing training to ensure luxury service standards.
-Direct food and beverage service delivery at all food and beverage outlets, achieving targeted financial results as well as expected service levels appropriate for the style of service unique to each outlet and dining concept.
-Lead the effort to most effectively utilize customer feedback, and to resolve any guest complaints arising from guest experiences in all outlets
-Develop and maintain a unique, multi-faceted restaurant environment that offers an outstanding dining experience.
-Maintains ambiance through symmetry, uniformity, cleanliness and equipment controls by daily inspection and correction.
-Maintains current awareness of regional, local and national trends and concepts within the Food and Beverage and hospitality industry.
-Staff selection, scheduling, payroll and expense planning, budgeting and controls.
-Works effectively with Sales and Marketing teams.
-Merchandises food, wine and other beverage products through an aesthetically pleasing and appropriate menu design, as well as imaginative and attractive food and wine displays.
·Must have at least 5 years of experience as a leader in Food & Beverage in a fine-dining environment
·Must be over 18 years old and high school graduate
·Creates a stimulating place to work with high morale and an upbeat feeling while maintaining an ongoing focus on the positive aspects of situations and people.
·Creates good relationships with their staff by discovering what is important to each individual, knowing each individual’s unique talents and by being positive.
·Conveys information, both written and verbal, that is clear, precise, and always understood by all parties at all levels. Ability to streamline and simplify complicated information. Timely in responding to requests for help and information.
·Creates and enjoys a competitive environment which sets and achieves higher goals than others and utilizes metrics, scores and measurements to measure and celebrate the team’s success.
·Understand essential uniqueness of talent/ people and able to develop them further
·Proactive in recruiting by thinking about who to recruit to work for the company and always looking for top talent.
·Possesses an ongoing need to improve their work and often implement new ideas to improve the goals of the business.
·Organized and maintains a clear set of priorities.
Bartender - Full Time and Part Time
Miraval is currently hiring for a full- time and part-time experienced Bartender.
- this position ties together experience, graciousness, humor, service and talent.
- being in front of our guests the Bartender must have a professional, knowledgeable appearance, use the ability to multi-task, think on their feet, listen intently, and provide nothing short of the best of service while on 'stage'.
- must be able to prepare and service beverages for servers and guests in a quick, efficient and friendly and professional manner.
- ensure that guests are served in accordance to state and local guidelines regarding the service of alcohol.
- maintain a clean bar area
- process payments
- take inventory of the bar.
- clean glasses, utensils, and bar equipment.
- mix ingredients, such as liquor, soda, water, sugar, and bitters, in order to prepare cocktails and other drinks.
- serve snacks or food items to customers seated in the bar area.
- slice and pit fruit for garnishing drinks.
- prepare standard mixed drinks and pour wine and beer quickly, accurately, and without waste.
- excellent verbal communication skills are required.
Server Assistant PM - Part Time
- providing friendly, courteous and efficient quality presentation of food and beverage service to all guests.
- set and re-set tables as needed
- polish and wrap silverware
- fill water
- assist Servers with guest service
- perform other food service related duties as needed
- requires standing and walking 95% of the time
- lifting up to 25 pounds, reaching, bending, pushing and pulling
- must have excellent customer service skills
- be able to anticipate guest needs
- be able to work independently when needed.
- must consistently demonstrate and project a professional guest oriented and friendly demeano
- must display excellent English language communication skills
- Previous experience in a fine dining environment is highly desirable
Host/Hostess - Full Time
The dining room Host is responsible for making a grand first impression upon our guest's arrival to our world-class restaurant and solidifies a memorable dining experience by courteously greeting guests with a smile and enthusiasm.
- The Host will guide our guests entering the dining area and ensure they are seated in a timely manner.
- Volunteering assistance and information whenever necessary
- handling all requests in an expedient, professional manner this position is the "face" of the dining room.
- Must have good judgment and feel confident with having to make independent decisions when it comes to the seating organization and flow of the dining room.
- The position requires standing and walking 95% of the time, professional and clear communication skills, able to speak, read, write and perform electronic communication in English and able to understand direction and information.
Server AM - Full Time and Server PM - Part Time
The Server is responsible for offering guests an enjoyable, expertly served meal reflecting the high customer service standards of Miraval Arizona.
- should have basic knowledge of food and beverage preparation, service standards and guest relations
- knowledge of appropriate table settings, service ware and menu items
- basic English language communication skills
- the ability to carry large, heavy trays on a continuous basis throughout the shift
- must demonstrate food service with a guest- oriented and friendly demeanor
- minimum one (1) year experience working as a Food Server, preferably in a fine dining environment
- strong attention to detail
- ability to handle multiple tasks
- ability to work with management staff and other employees in a professional manner
- must be 19 years of age or over