BUFFET ATTENDANT - PART TIME
Job SummaryTo ensure quality service to all guests. Make sure table appearance and restaurant are spotless at all times. Adhere to all rules, regulations, uniform codes and standards of the hotel. Continuously work towards making an environment that functions smoothly.
- Responsible for busing and setting buffet.
- Set up bus stations with glassware, tea set-ups, coffee, tea, lemons and ice. Keep items stocked throughout your shift.
- Keep dining room set up completely and correctly with clean, polished silverware, clean linen and glassware.
- Break down bus stations at the end of the evening, including cleaning all work areas and materials used.
- Clear each course after everyone at the table has finished eating, unless the guest asks you not to. Remove items from the table that the customer does not need.
- Re-set tables. Check linen for cleanliness and proper placement. Silverware should be polished and evenly set.
- Assist the servers in any way possible to assure quality service.
- Assist your teammates in any area needed.
- Previous busing or F&B experience.
PM SERVER - PART TIME
The Server is responsible for offering guests an enjoyable, expertly served meal reflecting the high customer service standards of Miraval Arizona.
- Arrive to work on time, dressed in full uniform and wearing name tag.
- Have pride in your apperance, uniform pressed, shoes cleaned and polished. Neatly groomed observing personal hygiene; ladies hair pulled back, men clean-shaven.
- Attend pre-meal meeting to receive all pertinent information reguarding assigned function (i.e., rooms to be used, set up requirements, start times), be fully knowledgeable of all menu food items and beverages, their preparation methods and ingredients and available alternatives.
- Set dining rooms to be used ensuring all china, glass and silver is polished. Salt, pepper and sugars clean and full; linen is free of spots, tears and is stretched to reduce wrinkles.
- Anticipates and serves guest requirements before requests are necessary.
- Provide for guests a comfortable, elegant atmosphere by consistently delivering the highest quality products and services through thorough product knowledge by friendly, smiling and caring employees.
- Resets tables as directed by management in an efficient and complete manner.
- Maintains supplies necessary for the team to provide the best service possible.
- Maintains a neat and organized station, side station, and kitchen work area, including linens, china, glassware, silverware and table condiments.
- Communicate between supervisor, back server, kitchen and guests to provide smooth, well-coordinated service.
- May have Runner responsibilities on any given evening.This would include running food, dishes and beverages to and from the bar and kitchen.
- Completes the opening and closing side work as assigned.
- Communicate with the hostess on table turnover and at which time certain tables should be set and the correct number of people.
- Advise manager of any complaints so they can be rectified immediately.
- Serve as a Public Relations Representative to our guests being able to answer their questions regarding the various locations (rooms) within Miraval. In addition, must have knowledge of the activities that we offer and our hours of operation.
- Demonstrate adequate organizational skills having the ability to handle several tasks at once.
- Work as a part of a multi-unit team displayed through your cooperation, flexibility and attitude.
- Understand the telephone system, answer calls in a pleasant manner, responding to requests and transferring calls to the appropriate extension.Take reservations and answer any questions on information made available to you.Refer to the "Reservation Procedure Document" and the "Telephone Techniques Document."
- Give guests constant pampered service and act as Host/Hostess in the dining room during manager's absence or request.
- Solicit feedback from guests regarding meal, atmosphere,etc.
- Observe all areas and department which have a direct effect on each guest's experience
- Ensures that the floors are swept or vacuumed and free of dirt and debris.
- Have efficient work practices that reduce waste and control costs, allowing Miraval to meet its financial responsibilities.
- Should have basic knowledge of food and beverage preparation, service standards and guest relations; knowledge of appropriate table settings, service ware and menu items; basic
- English language communication skills; and the ability to carry large, heavy trays on a continuous basis throughout the shift; must demonstrate the a guest oriented and friendly demeanor.
- Additional requirements include; Minimum one (1) year experience working as a Food Server, preferably in a fine dining environment.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Ability to work with management staff and other employees in a professional manner.
- Must be 19 years of age or over.