Guest Services and Transportation Positions
Assistant Guest Services Manager - Full Time
Reporting to the Guest Services Manager, the Assistant Guest Services Manager will assist in directing, planning, organizing and coordinating the activities of all front office operational areas, to include: Guest Services, PBX, Transportation, Night Audit and Bell Staff.
The Assistant Guest Services Manager will lead the front office operations to deliver a seamless and memorable service experience for every guest, from pre-arrival to departure.By embracing and modeling Miraval’s values, he or she will work to ensure the prompt and complete handling of guest needs and the professional and timely resolution of guest issues and complaints.
- team performance, training and retention of key associates
- generating increased profitability through up-selling of accommodations and services and effective resource allocation and cost controls
- effective communication and coordination of critical information with other resort departments
- control and assignment of rooms inventory; Maintenance and updating of PMS system to ensure accurate billing and guest records; Providing assistance with special projects as needed.
- Select, supervise, delegate responsibility to and provide training for all staff.Meet regularly with and provide feedback to staff members to ensure that individual and departmental performance goals are being accomplished.
- Create and manage departmental schedules to ensure balanced use of staffing resources and appropriate coverage for all areas.
- Develop and update SOP’s, training manuals, policies and procedures for all front office operations.Ensure information is accurate and complete as needs change and processes evolve.
- Perform functions for various departmental positions as needed, according to operational demands.
- Use and maintain all channels of communication such as log books, memos and white boards to ensure all staff are up to date on critical information.
- Ensure guest satisfaction through appropriate resolution of all issues and complaints.Keep GM and Resort Manager apprised of serious guest matters, and forward appropriate information to other management staff for follow-up as needed.
- Review and follow up on issues outlined in guest comment cards and shares information with staff for training or recognition purposes.
- Proactively liaise with Reservations, Marketing, Sales, Villas, Programs, Revenue Management and other key departments on a regular basis to ensure clear understanding of promotions, packages, procedures and availability of resort offerings.
- Ensure accurate communication of information to guests regarding resort services, facilities and operating hours, as well as provision of appropriate collateral materials to guests as needed.
- Interact frequently with guests on an informal basis to ensure total satisfaction with resort services.
- Manage execution of Authentic Circle (guest loyalty) and VIP services programs.Raise concerns and recommend changes and improvements as needed.
- Evaluate changes in guests’ needs and profiles, analyze industry and competitive trends and recommend improvements in products and services ensure guest satisfaction to maintain market dominance.
- Establish procedures for and maintain accuracy of all cashier posting functions and ensure staff adherence to all resort Accounting, billing and credit policies.
- Ensure accurate processing and understanding of all gift certificate transactions.
- Oversee the establishment of new rate codes or special billed accounts to make sure they are properly allocated within the guidelines of the package breakdown.
- Monitor guests’ credit limits and ensure appropriate credit and timely payment on all accounts.
- Monitor physical condition of the lobby and arrival center.Maintain cleanliness and appearance of all front office work spaces and proper functioning of all equipment.
- Work closely with MIS department to ensure that all systems and technology are optimized.This includes understanding of maintenance needs for PMS, call accounting system, keycard system, credit card system, POS system for retail, spa and F&B and interface controller.
- Implement and maintain consistent inventory of all supplies needed by staff and guests within the front office.Purchase supplies in a timely manner, staying within budgetary guidelines.
- Regularly review Group Resumes to ensure communication of all necessary information to staff.Attend pre-con meetings, liaise with group leaders as a point of contact for group needs, and work closely with conference services and sales managers to ensure that all group requests and requirements are met.
- Oversee transportation manifest and scheduling of shuttles on a daily basis.
- Develop and update guest rooming procedures, including orchestration of entire arrival experience and efficiency of guests’ welcome to the resort.
- Maintain consistent standards of guest orientation and escorted arrival tour procedures.
- Monitor accuracy of all front office / housekeeping statuses including discrepancies and out of order rooms.
- Oversee the pre-blocking of room assignments to ensure that special requests are anticipated and met and that the tape chart is managed with a high level of efficiency, allowing for maximum selling opportunities.
- Oversee proper handling of room waits and room moves.
- Oversee the daily bucket check to ensure accurate room status and occupancy statistics.
- Establish and maintain standards for excellent telephone skills including timeliness of answering, message taking/retrieval, handling Do Not Disturb requests, guest confidentiality issues, etc.
- Ensure that wake up call standards are established and consistently maintained.
- Coordinates the delivery of faxes, mail and packages to hotel guests.
- Oversee daily audit of movie inventory.Maintaining “current” movie selection for resort guests.
- Monitor accuracy and consistency with master key sign-outs and guest safety deposit boxes.
- Monitor and maintain quality and selection of games and book library.
- Serve as Manager on Duty as assigned.
- Attend managerial meetings as directed and promotes and participates in property-wide programs.
- Execute and manage special projects and perform other duties as assigned by GM or Resort Manager.
- Extensive knowledge of front office operations, with a minimum of 3 years of Guest Services/Front Office Management experience in a luxury hotel or resort
- Professional appearance, with exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent computer skills to include strong knowledge of Microsoft Office programs and expert-level knowledge of PMS systems (Visual One preferred)
- Exceptional people skills and ability to connect with diverse groups and individuals
- Highly organized with ability to successfully manage multiple and competing priorities
- Must be extremely detail oriented, with exceptional leadership, follow through and project management skills
- Willingness and ability to work a flexible schedule, including nights, weekends and holidays
- Thorough understanding of operations and management as applied to the hotel, spa and resort industry.
- Exceptional communication skills, with the ability to effectively train, coach, evaluate, and correct employee behavior.
- Ability work flexible and extended hours as required by the operations of the resort.
- Familiarization with resort industry success measures and strategies for product positioning and brand management.
- Broad-based, up-to-date knowledge of hospitality trends, tools and resources.
- Ability to write effective business communications, summaries and reports using both prescribed and creative formats.
- Ability to effectively monitor and control expenses, allocate financial resources and maintain budget restrictions.
- Accelerated decision-making and problem-solving abilities, utilizing factual information, company policies, and personal judgment through experience.
- Strong organizational skills, with emphasis on attention to detail and continuous follow-up.
- Ability to multi-task, manage interruptions, establish work priorities, handle stress and effectively matriculate in a fast-paced, frequently-changing environment.
- Strong computer skills, with knowledge of Microsoft Office programs.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret financial reports and legal documents.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Guest Relations Agent - Full Time
- responsible for creating and maintaining a positive guest experience from arrival to departure
- in front of our guests 100% of the time to assist with arrivals, departures, and all concierge needs
- exceptional communication skills are required including verbal, written and electronic interactions
- must be able to speak, read, write and communicate clearly in English
- must be able to work independently and use good judgment
- must have good math skills and understand basic principles of accounting
- must be able to handle multiple tasks and know how to prioritize
- will have at least 2 years of experience catering to high-end clientele
- possess exceptional customer service and computer skills.
- will be sitting 50% of the time, standing and walking 50% of the time, using the computer and typing 80% of the time
- lifting, reaching, bending, stooping, pushing and pulling as needed
- must be able to work a flexible schedule of days, evenings and weekends.
Transportation Coordinator - Full Time
This position is responsible for all organizational tasks pertaining to the Transportation department as well as the supervision, training, and oversight of the Company's Drivers and Bellmen. The Transportation Coordinator will act as a laison and maintain open and effective communication between the Transportation Department and all related departments and to schedule Bellstaff and Drivers in the most efficient and cost productive manner to benefit Miraval and its guests.
- All duties as they appear on the Driver/Bellstaff job description and assist Guest Services and Front Desk with duties when needed.
- Report daily to Front Office Manager regarding personnel issues, guest issues, etc.
- Ensure cooperative teamwork efforts both within the department and with other departments.
- Check and monitor flight times; notify front desk, the Spa and drivers of any changes, delays or cancellations.
- Communicate with Bellstaff, Drivers, Front Desk, and Food and Beverage if necessary regarding changes in manifest and current needs.
- Create and maintain Arrivals/Departure manifest daily.
- Ensure that any guests that have not provided for their arrival information within 72 hours of their arrival, are called daily.
- Be proactive in calling guests 7 days out to obtain flight arrival information.This should be done in coordination with the guest service staff to eliminate any unnecessary second calls.
- Maintain daily inventory log of staff members use of cell phones, radios, vans, etc. and monitor same. Oversee that radios and telephones are accounted for.
- Ensure staff members are completing vehicle maintenance logs daily, and daily checklists.
- Maintain the daily read and sign book and memo book.Ensure all staff members are reading new information.
- Ensure that golf departures and pick-ups from golf course are accomplished in a timely manner.
- Ensure escorts have been assigned when Guest Services Supervisor is not present.
- Ensure cleanliness and professional look of front drive areas, transportation office, and all vehicles and golf carts.
- To be proficient in working with Timesaver on managing hours and payroll.
- Check future group resumes weekly for special requests, and any special transportation requests, andd coordinate deliveries of group amenities and follow up daily prior to arrival day and while in house.
- Along with Front Office Manager, create work schedule for Drivers and Bellstaff, vary working schedule based on occupancy, arrivals, and departures and stay within budgetary guidelines.
- Keep special days off request log for staff members and maintain an effective system for tracking.
- Inspect all vehicles, including golf carts, weekly for any maintenance or repair needs.Maintain vehicle schedule and files. Record mileage weekly and send vans in to be maintained on a regular basis.
- Create a weekly newsletter to keep staff informed of upcoming events, policy and procedure changes, and overall changes in resort.
- Work closely with Front Office Manager to initiate new policies and procedures.
- Train new employees and retrain current employees for consistency and compliance of new procedures. Insure all staff members uphold resort policies and standards.
- Coach and counsel employees when needed.Keep Front Office Manager informed of coaching sessions, employee misconduct, and employee tardiness and/or any other infractions of hotel policies and procedures.
- Interview applicants and provide feedback to Front Office Manager.
- Be proactive in regards to establishing department standards and hold staff accountable to those standards.
- Attend pre-convention and post-convention meetings.
- Ensure all driver's licenses are up to date and submitted to airport quarterly.
- Participate in proactive team effortsto achieve departmental and Miraval's goals.
- Participate in resort committees and/or cross-departmental activities.
- Provide leadership to others through example and sharing of knowledge/skill.
- Embrace, and encourage in others, Miraval's mindful philosophy in all aspects of your job duties.
- Promote cross training between the Transportation department and front office staff as well as with the Guest Services staff.
- Comply with all safety policies, practices and procedures.Report all unsafe activities to manager and/or human Resources.
- Assist with all responsibilities of Guest Services Supervisor and Front Desk Supervisor in their absence.
- Perform other duties as delegated by the Director of rooms and the Front Office Manager.
- Supervises Bellstaff and Drivers.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.The requirements listed below represent the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Excellent customer service skills; intermediate personal computer skills, including electronic mail, routine database activity, word processing and spreadsheets. Must be able to prioritize tasks, handle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously, and must be able to organize and delegate assignments. Strong decision making skills are essential.
- Hotel experience preferred. One year certificate from college or technical school; or three to six months related experience and/or training; or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions and percentages.
- Excellent decision making skills.Able to multi-task. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:List preferred/required
- Current valid AZ drivers license
- Prefer CDL certification
- Prefer First Aid/CPR training
- Be able to lift luggage and golf clubs of 50 or more pounds.
- Be capable of giving walking tours and escorts to guests.
- Ability to stand and sit, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, croutch, or crawl, talk and hear.
- Vision requirements are close, distance, peripheral, depth, and ability to adjust focus.
- Manual dexterity sufficient to reach/handle items, work with the fingers and hands.
- Physical activity is moderate to heavy, performing somewhat strenuous daily activities of a primarily product nature.
- will possess a true desire to satisfy the needs of others
- will understand the importance of customer service in a fast-paced environment
- will provide transportation and bell services for resort guests
- follow all laws issued by local, state and federal governments for the safety of human lives using shuttle busses and passenger vans.
- CDL with passenger endorsement preferred
- clean driving record
- 3 yearscommercialdrivingexperiencepreferred
- mustbeabletoliftmoderate to heavy amountsofweight;upto70-80pounds
- mustbeabletobeonyourfeet and walking, lifting, pushing, pulling, bending, carrying andtwistingupto90%oftheday.
- will be using steps on different levels while delivering guest luggage and resort deliveries