Guest Services and Transportation Positions
Guest Relations Agent - Full Time
• creating and maintaining a positive guest experience from arrival to departure
• in front of our guests 100% of the time and will be assisting with arrivals, departures, and all concierge needs
• exceptional communication skills are required including verbal, written and electronic interactions
• must be able to speak, read, write and communicate clearly in English
• must be able to work independently and use good judgment
• candidates must have good math skills and understand basic principles of accounting
• must be able to handle multiple tasks and know how to prioritize
• ideal candidates will have at least 2 years of experience catering to high-end clientele and possess exceptional customer service and computer skills
• in this position, candidates will be sitting 50% of the time, standing and walking 50% of the time, using the computer and typing 80% of the time, lifting, reaching, bending, stooping, pushing and pulling as needed
• must be able to work a flexible schedule of days, evenings and weekends
Transportation Coordinator - Full Time
This position is responsible for all organizational tasks pertaining to the Transportation Department as well as the supervision, training, and oversight of the Company's Drivers and Bellstaff. The Transportation Coordinator will act as a liaison and maintain open and effective communication between the Transportation Department and all related departments and to schedule Bellstaff and Drivers in the most efficient and cost productive manner to benefit Miraval and its guests.
- DAILY DUTIES:
- All duties as they appear on the Driver/Bellstaff job description and assist Guest Services and Front Desk with duties when needed.
- Report daily to Front Office Manager regarding personnel issues, guest issues, etc.
- Ensure cooperative teamwork efforts both within the department and with other departments.
- Check and monitor flight times; notify front desk, the Spa and drivers of any changes, delays or cancellations.
- Communicate with Bellstaff, Drivers, Front Desk, and Food and Beverage if necessary regarding changes in manifest and current needs.
- Create and maintain Arrivals/Departure manifest daily.
- Ensure that any guests that have not provided for their arrival information within 72 hours of their arrivals, are called daily.
- Be proactive in calling guests 7 days out to obtain flight arrival information.This should be done in coordination with the guest service staff to eliminate any unnecessary second calls.
- Maintain daily inventory log of staff members’ use of cell phones, radios, vans, etc. and monitor same. Oversee that radios and telephones are accounted for.
- Ensure staff members are completing vehicle maintenance logs daily and daily checklists.
- Maintain the daily read and sign book and memo book.Ensure all staff members are reading new information.
- Ensure that golf departures and pick-ups from golf course are accomplished in a timely manner.
- Ensure escorts have been assigned when Guest Services Supervisor is not present.
- Ensure cleanliness and professional look of front drive areas, transportation office, and all vehicles and golf carts.
- To be proficient in working with Timesaver on managing hours and payroll.
- Check future group resumes weekly for special requests, and any special transportation requests, and coordinate deliveries of group amenities and follow up daily prior to arrival day and while in house.
- Along with Front Office Manager, create work schedule for Drivers and Bellstaff, vary working schedule based on occupancy, arrivals, and departures and stay within budgetary guidelines.
- Keep special days off request log for staff members and maintain an effective system for tracking.
- Inspect all vehicles, including golf carts, weekly for any maintenance or repair needs.Maintain vehicle schedule and files. Record mileage weekly and send vans in to be maintained on a regular basis.
- Create a weekly newsletter to keep staff informed of upcoming events, policy and procedure changes, and overall changes in resort.
- Work closely with Front Office Manager to initiate new policies and procedures.
- Train new employees and retrain current employees for consistency and compliance of new procedures. Insure all staff members uphold resort policies and standards.
- Coach and counsel employees when needed.Keep Front Office Manager informed of coaching sessions, employee misconduct, and employee tardiness and/or any other infractions of hotel policies and procedures.
- Interview applicants and provide feedback to Front Office Manager.
- Be proactive in regards to establishing department standards and hold staff accountable to those standards.
- Attend pre-convention and post-convention meetings.
- Ensure all drivers’ licenses are up to date and submitted to airport quarterly.
- Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and Miraval goals.
- Participate in resort committees and/or cross-departmental activities.
- Provide leadership to others through example and sharing of knowledge/skill.
- Embrace, and encourage in others, Miraval's mindful philosophy in all aspects of your job duties.
- Promote cross training between the Transportation department and front office staff as well as with the Guest Services staff.
- Comply with all safety policies, practices and procedures.Report all unsafe activities to manager and/or human Resources.
- Assist with all responsibilities of Guest Services Supervisor and Front Desk Supervisor in their absence.
- Perform other duties as delegated by the Director of Rooms and the Front Office Manager.
- Supervises Bellstaff and Drivers.
- Excellent customer service skills; intermediate personal computer skills, including electronic mail, routine database activity, word processing and spreadsheets. Must be able to prioritize tasks, handle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously, and must be able to organize and delegate assignments. Strong decision making skills are essential
- Hotel experience preferred. One year certificate from college or technical school; or three to six months related experience and/or training; or the equivalent combination of education and experience
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills.Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions and percentages
- Excellent decision making skills.Able to multi-task. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables
- Current valid AZ drivers license
- Prefer CDL certification
- Prefer First Aid/CPR training
- Be able to lift luggage and golf clubs of 50 or more pounds.
- Be capable of giving walking tours and escorts to guests.
- Ability to stand and sit, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, croutch, or crawl, talk and hear.
- Vision requirements are close, distance, peripheral, depth, and ability to adjust focus.
- Manual dexterity sufficient to reach/handle items, work with the fingers and hands.
- Physical activity is moderate to heavy, performing somewhat strenuous daily activities of a primarily product nature.
- The noise level is moderate.Exposure to varying outdoor weather conditions is frequent