Guest Services and Transportation Positions
BELLMAN - PART TIME
The Bellman position will provide bell services and on-property transportation for resort guests. Ideal candidates will possess a true desire to satisfy the needs of others and understand the importance of customer service in a fast paced environment. Bellman may also need assist the drivers with any transportation duties.A majority of the day will be spent interacting with guests and transporting guest items to and from resort rooms. Exceptional customer service and people skills are a must. This position is often times the first and last encounters with our guests so all interactions much be positive, gracious and memorable.
- Check flight arrival times for incoming guests.
- Ensure proper supplies such as water, luggage tags, and welcome signs are prepared for arrival/departure runs. Notify supervisor of low supplies in advance.
- Assist with escort of guests to rooms on arrival to Miraval.
- Handle guest luggage, load, unload luggage, and deliver guest luggage to rooms when needed.
- Ensure all guests are not waiting more than 15 minutes for transportation to/from Miraval.
- Always display correct airport permits.
- Help guests enter and exit vehicle.
- Provide information to guests about Miraval, all services and facilities it offers, as well as information about the Tucson area while in transit. Stay informed on hotel services and info.
- Responsible for regular maintenance checks on vehicles (oil, tires, general filters, etc.)
- Responsible for cleanliness of vehicles and all supplies in vehicles such as coolers, step stool, etc.
- Check vehicles to ensure all equipment is working correctly and always maintain a sufficient fuel level in gas tank. Daily logs on vehicles are to be completed and submitted to supervisor.
- Work effectively with other drivers and staff to adjust manifest accordingly due to flight delays and changes.
- Communicate effectively with Bell Attendant/Front Desk Agent on any changes in arrival/departure times for guests.
- Provide local transportation service as directed by supervisor.
- Responsible to provide feedback to managers regarding guest comments and concerns expressed by guests while in transit.
- Follow all safety procedures for department and Miraval.
- Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and Miraval goals.
- Management may assign other duties as deemed necessary.
- Excellent customer service skills; basic personal computer skills. Must be able to prioritize tasks, handle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously.
- Heavy physical activity performing strenuous activities consisting primarily of heavy lifting.
- Be able to lift luggage and golf bags weighing 75 lbs. or more. Lifting or carrying items could take up 85% of the time.
- Must be able to stand and walk 2/3 of the time while on duty.
- Ability to stand and sit, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, talk and hear.
- Vision requirements are close, distance, peripheral, depth, and ability to adjust focus.
- Manual dexterity sufficient to reach/handle items, work with the fingers and hands.