Housekeeping Supervisor - Full Time/Salaried
Have a thorough working knowledge of all cleaning procedures and equipment used in the Villas. Supervises Room Attendants, House Persons and Floor Care/Special Projects to ensure maximum productivity levels are mainatianed and that employees follow all resort and departmental policies and procedures.Maintain quality cleanliness to established standards for the guestrooms and guest and employee areas.Perform any combination of the following tasks to maintain the working areas on the Miraval premises in general, in a clean and orderly manner.
- Activities involved in coaching and counseling of employees and the required documentation for these activities
- Scheduling of employees
- Assisting in performance reviews.
- Monitor the safe operation of the equipment in your area
- Provide feedback tomanager on operation
- Perform weekly invmetories of supllies and monthly for linen
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Previous hotel/resort or other related experience required
- Must possess fluent use of the English language and ability to respond to questions from staff.
- Spanish is helpful but not required
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measuer, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals
- Requires the use of hands to finger, handle or free objects, tools, controls, reach with arms and hands: talk and hear: and taste and smell.
- The employee is sometimes required to stoop or climb a ladder.
- Is at times required to be able to lift 50 pounds plus.
- Requires walking
- Job is preformed moving from room to room exposing them to the elements.
LOBBY ATTENDANT - FULL TIME
The Lobby or Public Area Attendant is responsible for maintaining the cleanliness of all public areas, including but not limited to, public restrooms, employee restrooms, corridors and hallways, BMC, Yucca and Agave rooms, and Housekeeping area. Also delivers and restocks supplies as needed. Occasional cleaning of guest rooms as needed.
- Check with Housekeeping supervisor to see if there are any rooms to be cleaned.
- Sweep and mop Housekeeping area.
- Wash any dishes in Housekeeping area or if these belong to F & B, bring back to kitchen.
- Clean employee restrooms on “back of the house” and by employee cafeteria.
- Police public restrooms and clean as needed.
- Restock toilet and facial tissue and supplies in public restrooms as needed.
- Check storage rooms in public areas and restock as needed.
- Maintain storage rooms clean and organized.
- Police BMC restrooms and clean as needed.
- Restock towels, toilet and facial tissue and supplies at BMC as needed.
- Clean and restock guest laundry room as needed.
- Report any maintenance concerns
- Report and HSKP concerns (dirty carpets, satins etc)
- Complete any special cleaning tasks.
- Promptly report to supervisor any equipment malfunctions.
- Attend scheduled meetings and training as required by management.
- Maintain regular attendance as required by scheduling which might vary according to the needs of the resort.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing a clean and pressed proper uniform and nametag when working.
- Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
- Employees must at all times be attentive, friendly, helpful and courteous to guests, managers/supervisors and fellow employees.
- Employee must maintain a positive attitude and work as a team with fellow co-workers at all times.
- Pick up any trash as encountered when walking the grounds.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below represent the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Have basic reading, writing, and English speaking skills.
- Have good attention to details.
- Ability to stand during entire shift.