Human Resources Assistant - Full Time
Under the direction of the Human Resources Director or the Human Resources Manager, the Human Resources Assistant will perform a variety of professional responsibilities in support of Miraval’s centralized Human Resources function, including but not limited to coordination of New Hire process, termination process, HR administrative work and legal compliance. Assist in the completion of HR metrics and reporting and planning of events. This position is a full-time hourly opportunity.
- First point of contact for the Human Resources Department.
- The HR Assistant will answer phone calls from employees as well as external inquiries.
- Meet with employees as needed to answer questions regarding employment
- Coordinates and performs the new hire process from the point a new requisition through completion of new hire paperwork.This includes pre-screening paperwork (drug screen and background check) and appropriate pre-employment testing.
- Performs Reference checks for staff as needed and requested
- Provides excellent customer service to staff, applicants and outside vendors and visitors.
- Coordinates and performs the termination process from the time the requisition is received through the creation of the term file.
- Maintenance of all staff files in accordance with state and federal laws.
- Maintains up-to-date employment files and is responsible for accurate filing of all HR-related documents.
- Functions as an expert in the HRIS system to include data entry, knowledge of all functions and creating and generating reports.
- Maintains all Recognition/Anniversary records and disbursements, along with the appropriate award and/or pin.
- Works with HR team to develop creative approaches to the recruitment process to increase high-caliber candidate sourcing including referral generation, internet sourcing, ad placement, job fairs, community outreach, direct sourcing/cold calling, and networking.
- Assists in review of selection, testing and other related employment systems as needed for continuous updating, improvement and legal compliance.
- Assures compliance with all state and federal employment regulations.
- Assists in developing reporting process and HR metrics to quantify departmental efforts, ie: turnover, time-to-fill, recruitment costs, etc.
- Assists in creating and compliance of HR Policies and SOP’s.
- Performs other administrative tasks which are HR-related duties as assigned by the Human Resource Manager, as necessary.
- Assist in the planning, preparation and execution of training and events.
- Facilitate training programs such as new hire orientation, in-house systems, and other HR training programs as necessary.
- Strong computer skills with knowledge of Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Previous experience of ADP/HRIS products
- Principles and practices of Human Resources administration.
- Ability to prioritize and coordinate a variety of tasks and assignments.
- Able to communicate clearly in English verbally, electronically and in writing.
- Work independently and manage daily responsibilities and deadlines
- Thorough understanding of group benefits administration.
- Recruitment, selection, and job analysis techniques and application
- Classification, compensation analysis and administration techniques.
- Applicable state and federal employment and/or labor laws and regulations.
- Basic employee relations principles and practices in non-union environment.
- Ability to prepare comprehensive reports, communicate with all levels of staff and management and to effectively convey ideas in both verbal and written format.
- Ability to project a positive and professional demeanor and approach, reflective of Miraval’s values..
- Ability to elicit buy-in and cooperation of others.
- Ability for appropriate decision-making and problem-solving, utilizing factual information, company policies, and personal judgment through experience.
- Strong organizational skills, with emphasis on attention to detail and continuous followup
- Ability to multi-task, manage interruptions, handle stress and effectively matriculate in a fast-paced, frequently-changing environment.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Position requires sitting at least 70% of the day
- Standing and walking at least 30% of the day
- Use of fingers, hands, wrists and arms to perform daily responsibilities as they relate to typing, writing, filing, and phone usage.