Human Resources Positions
Human Resources Generalist
Position Description: Reporting to the Director of Human Resources, the Human Resources Generalist will be responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of the Human Resources Department. This position will oversee the administration of HR policies, processes and procedures while performing a variety of activities in support of Miraval’s established guidelines and guideposts. The HR Generalist will oversee recruitment and retention plans, benefits and compensation, training and development, performance management, internal communications, recognition programs, employee relations and HRIS systems.
Essential Functions: Essential and other important responsibilities and duties may include but are not limited to the following:
- Assist the Director of Human Resources with the daily responsibilities of the Human Resources Department.
- Work with HR team to identify, implement and monitor effective recruitment plans that minimize time to fill especially for key positions. Supports hiring processes for a variety of levels from temporary staffing to management placement. Streamlines and enhances staffing systems, tracking, reporting and analysis.
- Assures that Equal Employment Opportunity policies and regulations are properly administered
- Assures compliance with all State and Federal employment regulations
- Develops reporting process and HR metrics to quantify departmental efforts ie:turnover, time-to-fill, training, interdepartmental transfers, promotions, wage and benefits comparisons etc.
- Assists in classification studies by auditing and preparingnew or modified job analysis and job descriptions
- Organizes, schedules and conducts new employee orientation and compliance training programs
- Supports positive and effective employee relations. Serves as communications liaison between HR and resort employees and management. Acts as an internal consultant for managers by advising them on the disciplinary/corrective coaching process.
- Assists the Director of HR in spearheading the Recognition process. Plans and organizes employee focused meetings and events.
- Assists in the planning, design and administration of the resort’s employee development and training programs for management and non-management employees. Conducts training classes, coordinates ongoing departmental training programs and develops new programs as needed
- Oversees and manages the HRIS by being fully trained on the system and becoming the subject matter expert in all functionality. Training new managers on their functionality and responsibility within the system.
- Responsible for update of announcements, policies, processes, forms etc. on the employee portal
- Contributes effectively to the motivation of employees by counseling with supervisors and managers regarding human resources practices and interpreting policies.
- Manages and oversees the Workers Compensation claims process and reporting
- Manages and oversees the short and long term disability claims process and reporting
- Manages and oversees the unemployment claim and compensation reporting and processes
- Oversees and administers the benefits programs to include, medical, dental, vision, disability, life, pet care, EAP, and voluntary coverage programs. Reconciles invoices and prepares check requests for payment to vendors. Prepares and sends out new hire benefit packages for newly qualified participants. Enroll participants in HRIS system and update employee information.
- Process benefit enrollments, terminations, changes, including COBRA and retirement plan
- Oversee and administer annual open enrollment processes, employee meetings and update of plan information.
- Point of contact with 401(k) provider and local broker for loan issues, annual census data, audit and 5500, attend quarterly fiduciary meetings and provide information to 401(k) broker for employee information meetings. Assist in process and answer employee questions.
- Complete annual EEO reports
- Maintain and update vendor and employee benefit files
- Process all employee related events ie: new hires, termination, rate and status changes etc.
- Ensure completion of performance reviews by department managers
- Participate and encourage employee safety, welfare and wellness initiatives
- With the HR team, organize and participate in various community outreach and support activities
- Assist HR Director with departmental budget and checkbook
- Ability to work non-traditional hours when needed
- Minimum Qualifications:Bachelor’s degree preferred or a combination of education and related experience in Human Resources, organizational development, or related field. PHR or SPHR certification a plus. At least 3-5 years of work experience related to the Human Resources function, preferably within the hospitality industry.
Knowledge, skills & ability:
- Solid knowledge of Human Resources practices, principals and administration
- Employee relations experience in a non-union environment
- Ability to communicate with all levels of staff and management and to effectively convey ideas in written, verbal and electronic forms.
- Ability to project a positive and professional demeanor and approach reflective of Miraval’s values and principals
- Evaluate and prioritize a variety of tasks and assignments, ability to multi-task, manage interruptions, and handle stress in a fast paced, frequently changing environment
- Use of appropriate decision making and problem solving skills utilizing factual information, company policies, and personal judgment through experience.
- Strong organizational skills with emphasis on attention to details and continuous follow-up.
- Exceptional computer skills with strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs, utilization of the internet for research and information, job posting on various online sites as needed
- Ability to work and think independently taking initiative to accomplish required tasks
- Ability to professionally handle confidential information
Working Environment: The Human Resources Generalist will work primarily inside in an office environment sitting approximately 50 percent of the day. Computer use is frequent. Ability to walk around the resort, stand, reach, bend, push and pull up to 20 pounds, and carry up to 20 pounds as needed.