HUMAN RESOURCES COORDINATOR - FULL TIME
This position is the first impression to our internal guest.
- Coordinates and performs the new hire process from the point of offer through completion of new hire paperwork. This includes pre-screening paperwork and appropriate pre-employment testing.
- Provides excellent customer service to existing staff and applicants.
- Coordinates and performs the termination process from the time the EAF is received through the creation of the term file.
- Maintenance of all staff files in accordance with state and federal laws.
- Maintains up-to-date employment files and is responsible for accurate filing of all HR-related documents.
- Responsible for maintaining HR’s petty cash box along with cash and receipts.
- Is completely trained and an expert in the HRIS/HRB system to include data entry, knowledge of all HRB tabs and reports.
- Maintains all Recognition/Anniversary records and cash distribution forms, along with the appropriate award and/or pin.
- Assists with the administration of Workers' Compensation program claims in accordance with State statutes.
- Works with HR Director to develop creative approaches to the recruitment process to increase high-caliber candidate sourcing including referral generation, Internet sourcing, ad placement, job fairs, community outreach, direct sourcing/cold calling, and networking.
- Performs Reference checks for staff as needed.
- Assists with relocation, immigration and other staffing administration related to these responsibilities.
- Assists in review of selection, testing and other related employment systems as needed for continuous updating, improvement and legal compliance.
- Assures that Equal Employment Opportunity policies and regulations are properly administered.
- Assures compliance with all state and federal employment regulations.
- Assists in developing reporting process and HR metrics to quantify departmental efforts, ie: turnover, time-to-fill, recruitment costs, etc. and HR Policies and SOP’s.
- Performs other administrative tasks which are HR-related duties as assigned by either the HRD or Human Resource Manager, as necessary.
- At least 6 months of previous Hospitality or HR experience preferred, butnot required
- ADP & Office program knowledge
- Principles and practices of Human Resources administration.
- Thorough understanding of group benefits administration.
- Recruitment, selection, and job analysis techniques.
- Classification, compensation analysis and administration techniques.
- Applicable state and federal employment and/or labor laws and regulations.
- Basic employee relations principles and practices in non-union environment.
- Ability to prepare comprehensive reports, communicate with all levels of staff and management and to effectively convey ideas in both verbal and written format.
- Ability to project a positive and professional demeanor and approach, reflective or Miraval’s values.
- Ability to prioritize and coordinate a variety of tasks and assignments.
- Ability to elicit buy-in and cooperation of others.
- Ability to maintain physical condition appropriate to the performance of assigned duties and responsibilities which may include sitting or standing for extended periods of time and for operating assigned office equipment.
- Ability for appropriate decision-making and problem-solving, utilizing factual information, company policies, and personal judgment through experience.
- Strong organizational skills, with emphasis on attention to detail and continuous follow-up
- Ability to multi-task, manage interruptions, handle stress and effectively matriculate in a fast-paced, frequently-changing environment.
- Computer skills, with knowledge of Microsoft Office programs.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.