MARKETING INTERN - FULL TIME
Miraval Resort & Spa is a premier resort and destination spa which provides the space - physically and spiritually - to reconnect with oneself on the path to a life in balance. Nestled at the base of the stunning Catalina Mountains near Tucson, Miraval's 400 acres of lush Sonoran Desert creates an inspiring backdrop that is warm and welcoming any time of the year. Our luxurious accommodations and world renowned spa have led the readers of Travel+Leisure, SpaFinder and Conde Nast to vote Miraval as one of the best spas in the world, year after year.
Miraval seeks a reliable, positive, bright, talented, highly energetic and service oriented individual to serve as a marketing coordinator and administrative support resource for our Marketing division. The ideal candidate will provide administrative and project support to VP of Marketing, Assistant Director of Marketing and Online Marketing Manager. This position requires impeccable attention to detail and continuous follow-up, with the ability to work successfully as an independent contributor on various projects and also in a collaborative capacity as a strong team member. The ideal candidate must be able to multi-task, manage interruptions, establish work priorities, handle stress and effectively adapt to a fast-paced, frequently-changing environment. He or she must carry oneself in a mature, professional and responsible manner at all times, have a conservative and well-groomed appearance that is reflective of Miraval’s image, and project a gracious and friendly demeanor. The individual in this role must be highly organized and have exceptional written and verbal communication skills with the ability to liaise appropriately with all levels of staff and management. Candidate must have an administrative background and familiarity with marketing concepts and processes.
- Ongoing website content management updates and improvements
- Creates and implements on a daily basis social media (Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Youtube, Twitter, etc)
- Manage, gather, and create content for blog
- Track and maintain collateral and resource inventories
- Archive and organize ftp site and marketing drives
- Maintain department libraries (press clippings, content, video and photo)
- Maintains company gift certificate tracking and fulfillment
- Coordinate travel for team members and visiting clients, journalists and vendors
- Assist PR Agency with journalist press itineraries, press releases, shipment of items for press kits and events, scheduling and inquires related to the property
- Assists with on-property film and photo shoots
- Assist in coordinating company participation in community and press related events both on and off property
- Assist with Authentic Circle events, database entries, tracking and other program needs
- Assist in updating weekly marketing plans, media budget and eblast schedule
- Perform market research and update competitive benchmarking reports
- Manage affiliate marketing strategy and maintain online listing/ directories
- Coordinate and manage special projects as assigned by VP of Marketing, Assistant Director or Marketing and Online Marketing Manager and perform other tasks as needed
- Create spreadsheets, documents and PowerPoint presentations as directed
- Create correspondence letters and memos as needed
- Order and manage office supplies, organize hardcopy files and libraries
- Create and update departmental forms, documents and process flows
- Assist in maintaining online marketing reports
- Assist in fact-checking for PR pitches and placements
- Archive media and screenshots
- Fulfillments of sweepstakes offerings, winner & entry information collection, verification of contract fulfillment to client
- Assist Online Marketing Manager with eblast creation and tracking
- On property video gathering and editing
- Maintain guest and social media comments archive
- Update LMG Database Company with non-V1 additions
PLEASE NOTE THAT WE ARE UNABLE TO CONSIDER APPLICANTS WHO DO NOT POSESS THE FOLLOWING QUALIFICATIONS:
- Pursuing or achieved Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or a related field
- Previous administrative experience, preferably in a high-end service-oriented environment
- Previous experience in and exposure to marketing-related concepts, procedures, systems and processes
- Exceptional command of the English language with impeccable spelling, grammar and punctuation
- Very strong user capability for Microsoft Word/PowerPoint/Excel/Outlook and Adobe, Microsoft Access
- Strong internet user capability; familiarity with social media and website maintenance preferred.
- Ability to research, compile and present data gathered from internet search engines, electronic files and databases
- High level of user capability with office equipment to include printers, color copier, fax, scanner, postage meter, etc.
- Physical capabilities for lifting and carrying up to 20 lbs., and for standing or sitting for long periods of time.