Outdoor Adventure Guide - Part Time
The Outdoor Adventure Guide must have general knowledge of Challenge Course High and Low Ropes Elements. Able to lift up to 35 lbs; ability to carry and climb ladders of 10-12 ft and transition to climb poles upwards of 50 ft and be comfortable traversing cables of 35-50 ft in height and length.
- must be able to walk, stand, and belay for extended periods and do so on average 4-6 hours/day several days per week.
- must be technically proficient with ropes, helmets, harnesses, hardware, and several belay techniques
- general knowledge of Santa Catalina trails, Sonoran Desert wildlife and vegetation.
- capable of riding 2-4 hr technical mountain bike ride (3-15 miles) followed by a 2-3 hr hike (3-5miles).
- must be able to hike 7-12 miles, with 1000+ elevation gain, at a 2-3 mile an hour pace.
- 5 Plus years of Outdoor Adventure Facilitation/Guiding Experience
- 2 yrs Rock Climbing Facilitation/Guiding Experience Preferred
- Wilderness First Responder Cert., CPR Cert.
- Technical Rock Climbing Cert. (AMGA and/or PCIA) preferred.
Fitness Instructor/Trainer - Full Time + Commissions
Fitness Instructor/Trainer- Full Time
Miraval Arizona (www.miravalresorts.com) is a premier resort and destination spa which provides the space - physically and spiritually - to reconnect with oneself on the path to a life in balance. Nestled at the base of the stunning Catalina Mountains, Miraval Arizona's 118 rooms and 16 residential villas, situated on 400 acres of lush Sonoran Desert, create an inspiring backdrop that is warm and welcoming any time of the year. Our luxurious accommodations, world renowned spa services, award winning cuisine, and cutting edge programs and activities have led to Miraval's recognition as the #1 spa in the world, year after year.
- teaches group fitness classes to our resort guests
- performs one-on-one private training sessions
- develops Fitness Program Designs for resort guests to continue their exercise routines back home
- maintains cleanliness and neatness of fitness equipment and facility
- ensures a pleasant visit for each guest; maintains effective guest relations
- performs special projects delegated by supervisor or Programs Director
- stays updated on latest developments pertinent to the department as well as the resort.
- Applicants must hold a current Group Fitness Instructor certification, a Personal Trainers certification, as well as a current CPR/AED card.
- Position requires a minimum of 3 years teaching and training experience.
- Candidate should be well-versed in several group exercise class formats: Zumba (or cardio dance), Spinning, Water Conditioning, Strength, and Stretch classes. Pilates certification is a PLUS.
- BS or BA in exercise science or related field or equivalent experience. Minimum of 100 hours personal training is required.
Compensation:$15-17 per hour DOE; Commissions paid for any one-on-one private training sessions and Fitness Program Designs.Compensation potential limited only by your ability to sell.
Equine Facilitator - Part Time
This position works with our guests in facilitating an outdoor group therapy class and leading trail rides.
- extensive horse-handling/riding and knowledge of equine safety is preferred
- along with the ability to lead or assist with small group discussions
- the ideal candidate will be passionate about helping others succeed through these activities
- will have a role in daily maintenance of the herd, equipment, and grounds exceptional verbal communication
- the ability to be fully engaged in listening to our guests' experiences is vital to this position
- knowledge and capability with speaking in front of groups is essential to the success of a Facilitator as is the necessity for confidentiality around all guest interactions
- all activities will take place outdoors so there will be exposure to the elements including dust, sun, wind, rain, and heat for several hours at a time
- physical requirements include standing, walking, lifting up to fifty pounds, bending, pushing, pulling, reaching, and climbing
Equine Ranch Hand - Full Time
Ranch Hand will be responsible for keeping the Equine facility clean and neat, cleaning stalls, assisting with feeding, delivering supplements, ensuring horses are watered adequately and any other duties required to help the Equine team and facility run smoothly.
- Feed and water horses
- Clean stalls and ranch area
- Assist with preparing horses for activities
- Help keep tack room clean and organized
- Assist with landscaping around ranch
- Assist with maintaining facility
- Physically fit, able to lift 50 lbs.
- Experience working around horses
- Current driver’s license
- Landscaping experience
- Some maintenance experience