FITNESS INSTRUCTOR - PART TIME
The function of the fitness facilitator is to assist the fitness manager in the creation and implementation of new programs specific to the resort. The fitness facilitator will instruct and monitor the various physical fitness activities, provide personal attention to the guest’s needs, and safety. These activities may include swimming, swimming instruction, and/or trail running.
- teaches group fitness classes to our resort guests
- performs one-on-one private training sessions
- develops Fitness Program Designs for resort guests to continue their exercise routines back home
- maintains cleanliness and neatness of fitness equipment and facility
- ensures a pleasant visit for each guest; maintains effective guest relations
- performs special projects delegated by supervisor or Programs Director
- stays updated on latest developments pertinent to the department as well as the resort.
- Applicants must hold a current Group Fitness Instructor certification, a Personal Trainers certification, as well as a current CPR/AED card.
- Position requires a minimum of 3 years teaching and training experience.
- Candidate should be well-versed in several group exercise class formats: Zumba (or cardio dance), Spinning, Water Conditioning, Strength, and Stretch classes. Pilates certification is a PLUS.
OUTDOOR ADVENTURE GUIDE - FULL TIME/PART TIMe/ON-CALL
The Outdoor Adventure Guide will be required to ensure safety, to elicit teachable moments, to encourage and inspire, and to be a leader who takes the learning process a step beyond to a place of discovery and growth. Assist in inspections of all high and low ropes course elements and equipment, and assist in maintaining all hiking, mountain biking, and climbing equipment. The Outdoor Adventure Guide (OAG) will be required to be a team leader, assist in training and team development, curriculum development, handle/report all guest services issues and decision making in the absence of the OAM/Supervisor.
- Approximately 40% Facilitating Programs/Maintain Equipment – Hiking, Mountain Biking, Climbing Wall, and Off-site Climbing Programs.
- Provide leadership and assume lead on all hiking, mountain biking, and climbing programs.
- Lead client/groups of 1-8 on daily instructional mountain biking activities.
- Lead client/groups of 1-12 on daily hiking activities.
- Facilitate programs for corporate and social groups in hiking, mountain biking, and climbing.
- Oversee bike usage log.
- Maintain all hiking, mountain biking, and climbing equipment.
- Provide guests with 1:1 hiking, mountain biking, and climbing programs.
- Approximately 40% Facilitating Programs/Maintain Equipment – Challenge Course High and Low Ropes Elements
- Provide leadership and facilitation of all Challenge Course programs.
- Facilitate client/groups of 1-8 on daily Challenge Course High Ropes programs.
- Facilitate client/groups of 1-12+ on Challenge Course Low Ropes programs.
- Facilitate corporate/social groups in all Challenge Course programs.
- Maintain all Challenge Course High and Low Ropes elements and equipment.
- Provide guests with 1:1 Challenge Course programs.
- Approximately 15% Training and Team Development/Curriculum Development
- Conduct/participate in briefings and debriefings with outdoor adventure team on a daily basis.
- Assist OAM/Lead Facilitator/Lead Guide in interviewing (on Trail and Challenge Course programs only) potential team members.
- Assist team members with all aspects of training and development.
- Assist team members with technical (hard) and facilitation (soft) skills and keep team informed of requirements and changes.
- Assist OAM/Supervisor in the development of new outdoor adventure programs.
- Assist OAM/Supervisor in curriculum changes and improvements to existing programs.
- Assist OAM/Supervisor with Risk Management reporting to enhance safety operations and develop standards for the department.
- Provide agenda items to OAM/Supervisor for safety committee meetings.
- Attend safety committee meetings in the absence of OAM/Supervisor.
- Approximately 5% Administrative
- Track and maintain weekly and daily guide duty logs.
- Report guest 1:1 requests and assist to set up appointments.
- Assist OAM/Supervisor with monitoring and reporting departmental needs.
- Assist OAM/Supervisor in reviewing and updating Standard Operating Procedures.
- Assist OAM/Supervisor in monitoring first aid supplies and reporting needs.
- Perform any duties as assigned by the OAM/Supervisor.
- Facilitation and problem solving skills vital.
- Detail oriented, creative, and flexible.
- Strong supervision abilities.
- Strong leadership skills
- Ability to communicate effectively and work as a team player.
- Excellent presentation and teaching skills.
- Computer skills in Excel, Windows, and Microsoft Word.
- Climbing ability and comfortable working at heights of 35-50ft to include traversing cables.
- Regional knowledge of outdoor venues and resources.
- Technical rock climbing experience required, comfortable climbing up to 5.9 on top rope and familiar with Mount Lemmon Climbing Sites (Windy Point, Ridge Line, and Prison Camp).
- Hike 3-4 mile/hour pace, miles ranging from 2-14 miles traveled.
- Mountain biking, 10-15 mile/hour pace, miles ranging from 5-20 miles traveled.
- Bachelor degree encouraged.
- Proficient knowledge of Miraval Philosophy and Mindfulness Applications.
- ACCT Facilitator Level l.
- ACCT Facilitator Level ll preferred.
- 5+ years experience in facilitation and/or guiding outdoor adventure programs.
- 2+ years experience in facilitation of High and Low Ropes Elements.
- 2 years technical rock climbing and/or guiding experience (top rope up to 5.9)
- 2 years guiding experience hiking and mountain biking.
YOGA & MEDITATION FACILITATOR - ON CALL
Instruct various levels of hatha yoga classes and related yoga and meditation offerings. Teach one/one sessions of yoga and meditation. Participate fully in the functioning of the yoga/meditation department and the resort organization. Ensure a high quality guest experience at Miraval.
- Teach all classes that are on your personal menu and schedule.
- Help develop new class offerings and resources, while also maintaining current resources.
- Understand the functioning of the yoga and meditation department and execute regular shift duties and duties that arise in relation to guest needs and satisfaction.
- Understand the resort organization and work within it mindfully.
- Adhere to all department and resort policies, procedures, and standards.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Ideally 5 Years of personal yoga practice.
- Minimal 200 hour Yoga Teacher Certification, 500 hours preferable.
- At least 2 years of prior teaching experience with various populations.