Outdoor Adventure Guide - Part Time
The Outdoor Adventure Guide must have general knowledge of Challenge Course High and Low Ropes Elements. Able to lift up to 35 lbs; ability to carry and climb ladders of 10-12 ft and transition to climb poles upwards of 50 ft and be comfortable traversing cables of 35-50 ft in height and length.
- must be able to walk, stand, and belay for extended periods and do so on average 4-6 hours/day several days per week.
- must be technically proficient with ropes, helmets, harnesses, hardware, and several belay techniques
- general knowledge of Santa Catalina trails, Sonoran Desert wildlife and vegetation.
- capable of riding 2-4 hr technical mountain bike ride (3-15 miles) followed by a 2-3 hr hike (3-5miles).
- must be able to hike 7-12 miles, with 1000+ elevation gain, at a 2-3 mile an hour pace.
- 5 Plus years of Outdoor Adventure Facilitation/Guiding Experience
- 2 yrs Rock Climbing Facilitation/Guiding Experience Preferred
- Wilderness First Responder Cert., CPR Cert.
- Technical Rock Climbing Cert. (AMGA and/or PCIA) preferred.
Equine Facilitator - Full Time
Miraval Resort Arizona is currently seeking an Equine Facilitator to join our team.This full time position works with our guests in facilitating an outdoor group therapy class and leading trail rides.Extensive horse-handling/riding and knowledge of equine safety is preferred, along with the ability to lead or assist with small group discussions.
- must be passionate about helping others succeed through these activities
- will have a role in daily maintenance of the herd, equipment, and grounds
- exceptional verbal communication and the ability to be fully engaged in listening to our guests' experiences is vital to this position.
- knowledge and capability of speaking in front of groups is essential to the success of a Facilitator, as is the necessity for confidentiality around all guest intereactions.
- all activities will take place outdoors so there will be exposure to the elements which includes dust, sun, wind, rain and heat for several hours at a time.
- physical requirements include standing, walking, lifting up to 50 pounds, bending, pushing, pulling, reaching, and climbing.
Fitness Center Attendant
The Fitness Center Attendant (BMC)will assist the fitness team in providing a clean, safe, neat and organized facility for our guests.
- greet guests at their arrival to the fitness center
- direct guests to designated classrooms
- ensure that the facility and equipment is clean and supplies are well stocked
- make sure locker rooms are well furnished and amenities are filled and neat
- stocks facility with towels including BMC pool, organizes and cleans pool furniture
- stores and provides towels/water for guests, refills water coolers and cups when necessary, refills fruit basket as needed
- become familiar with all classes offered and be able to offer guests with class descriptions.
- other tasks as assigned by Fitness Supervisor
- successful candidate must be able to clearly communicate verbally and in writing
- must be able to read and understand directions and be able to relay information clearly and professionally
- position requires standing and walking 90% of the time, will be lifting up to 35 pounds, bending, reaching, and squatting