Outdoor Adventure Guide - Part Time
The Outdoor Adventure Guide must have general knowledge of Challenge Course High and Low Ropes Elements. Able to lift up to 35 lbs; ability to carry and climb ladders of 10-12 ft and transition to climb poles upwards of 50 ft and be comfortable traversing cables of 35-50 ft in height and length.
- must be able to walk, stand, and belay for extended periods and do so on average 4-6 hours/day several days per week.
- must be technically proficient with ropes, helmets, harnesses, hardware, and several belay techniques
- general knowledge of Santa Catalina trails, Sonoran Desert wildlife and vegetation.
- capable of riding 2-4 hr technical mountain bike ride (3-15 miles) followed by a 2-3 hr hike (3-5miles).
- must be able to hike 7-12 miles, with 1000+ elevation gain, at a 2-3 mile an hour pace.
- 5 Plus years of Outdoor Adventure Facilitation/Guiding Experience
- 2 yrs Rock Climbing Facilitation/Guiding Experience Preferred
- Wilderness First Responder Cert., CPR Cert.
- Technical Rock Climbing Cert. (AMGA and/or PCIA) preferred.
Fitness Instructor/Trainer - Full Time + Commissions
Fitness Instructor/Trainer- Full Time
Miraval Arizona (www.miravalresorts.com) is a premier resort and destination spa which provides the space - physically and spiritually - to reconnect with oneself on the path to a life in balance. Nestled at the base of the stunning Catalina Mountains, Miraval Arizona's 118 rooms and 16 residential villas, situated on 400 acres of lush Sonoran Desert, create an inspiring backdrop that is warm and welcoming any time of the year. Our luxurious accommodations, world renowned spa services, award winning cuisine, and cutting edge programs and activities have led to Miraval's recognition as the #1 spa in the world, year after year.
- teaches group fitness classes to our resort guests
- performs one-on-one private training sessions
- develops Fitness Program Designs for resort guests to continue their exercise routines back home
- maintains cleanliness and neatness of fitness equipment and facility
- ensures a pleasant visit for each guest; maintains effective guest relations
- performs special projects delegated by supervisor or Programs Director
- stays updated on latest developments pertinent to the department as well as the resort.
- Applicants must hold a current Group Fitness Instructor certification, a Personal Trainers certification, as well as a current CPR/AED card.
- Position requires a minimum of 3 years teaching and training experience.
- Candidate should be well-versed in several group exercise class formats: Zumba (or cardio dance), Spinning, Water Conditioning, Strength, and Stretch classes. Pilates certification is a PLUS.
- BS or BA in exercise science or related field or equivalent experience. Minimum of 100 hours personal training is required.
Compensation:$15-17 per hour DOE; Commissions paid for any one-on-one private training sessions and Fitness Program Designs.Compensation potential limited only by your ability to sell.
Equine Facilitator - Part Time
This position works with our guests in facilitating an outdoor group therapy class and leading trail rides.
- extensive horse-handling/riding and knowledge of equine safety is preferred
- along with the ability to lead or assist with small group discussions
- the ideal candidate will be passionate about helping others succeed through these activities
- will have a role in daily maintenance of the herd, equipment, and grounds exceptional verbal communication
- the ability to be fully engaged in listening to our guests' experiences is vital to this position
- knowledge and capability with speaking in front of groups is essential to the success of a Facilitator as is the necessity for confidentiality around all guest interactions
- all activities will take place outdoors so there will be exposure to the elements including dust, sun, wind, rain, and heat for several hours at a time
- physical requirements include standing, walking, lifting up to fifty pounds, bending, pushing, pulling, reaching, and climbing
Nutritionist - On Call
The Nutritionist provides high quality service to guests through education lectures and one-on-one counseling.The Nutritionist assists the culinary staff in presenting meals that comply with Miraval’s food philosophy.The Nutritionist is responsible for creating and adapting new, creative and progressive programming for Miraval guests.
- Creates, adapts and conducts nutrition classes
- Conducts individual guest consultations
- Conducts Resting Metabolic Rate and Body Composition diagnostic testing
- Remains current on nutrition information and science
- Assists the culinary staff in providing nutritionally balanced food options
- Assists the Executive Chef and culinary staff in analyzing menu items for nutrients
- Communicates special food requests to culinary and food and beverage staff
- Maintains complete confidentiality in all guest/program matters in accordance with Miraval policy
- Demonstrates and incorporates mindfulness in all guest contact, programs, experiences and written materials
- Attends to daily maintenance and operations of the department
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Nutrition Manager or Director of Programs
- Registered Dietitian.(A Registered Dietitian is a food and nutrition expert who has met the minimum academic and professional requirements to qualify for the credential "RD.")
- Adheres to all employee guidelines, standards, policies and procedures relevant to the position, stay abreast of any changes, updates or revisions that occur.Maintain complete communication and cooperation with all Miraval staff.
- Strong teaching and counseling skills required
- Ability to perform nutritional diagnostic testing and interpretation of nutritional specific information
- Experience in individual counseling
- Experience in group education/teaching
- Experience in nutrition specific diagnostic testing
- Excellent command of the English language in communicating both verbally and non-verbally
- Ability to prepare/write educational materials for guests
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, employees, guests and the general public
- Ability to calculate calorie and nutrient requirements
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, fractions and decimals
- Ability to work with food measurements for nutrient analysis
- Ability to apply common sense to carry out instructions in written, oral or diagram format
- Ability to handle conflicting ideas and controversies around nutrition and communicated information diplomatically
- While performing duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, walk use hand to write on chart, talk, hear, see, taste, smell
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move 10 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required include distance vision, color vision and peripheral vision
- Employee will perform most tasks in small group settings in a classroom/meeting room environment
- One on one consultations will be held in an office setting
- The noise level in the environment is moderate