Outdoor Adventure Guide - Part Time
The Outdoor Adventure Guide must have general knowledge of Challenge Course High and Low Ropes Elements. Able to lift up to 35 lbs; ability to carry and climb ladders of 10-12 ft and transition to climb poles upwards of 50 ft and be comfortable traversing cables of 35-50 ft in height and length.
- must be able to walk, stand, and belay for extended periods and do so on average 4-6 hours/day several days per week.
- must be technically proficient with ropes, helmets, harnesses, hardware, and several belay techniques
- general knowledge of Santa Catalina trails, Sonoran Desert wildlife and vegetation.
- capable of riding 2-4 hr technical mountain bike ride (3-15 miles) followed by a 2-3 hr hike (3-5miles).
- must be able to hike 7-12 miles, with 1000+ elevation gain, at a 2-3 mile an hour pace.
- 5 Plus years of Outdoor Adventure Facilitation/Guiding Experience
- 2 yrs Rock Climbing Facilitation/Guiding Experience Preferred
- Wilderness First Responder Cert., CPR Cert.
- Technical Rock Climbing Cert. (AMGA and/or PCIA) preferred.
Yoga/Meditation Facilitator - On Call
Equine Facilitator - Part Time and Full Time
This position works with our guests in facilitating an outdoor group therapy class and leading trail rides.
- extensive horse-handling/riding and knowledge of equine safety is preferred
- along with the ability to lead or assist with small group discussions
- the ideal candidate will be passionate about helping others succeed through these activities
- will have a role in daily maintenance of the herd, equipment, and grounds exceptional verbal communication
- the ability to be fully engaged in listening to our guests' experiences is vital to this position
- knowledge and capability with speaking in front of groups is essential to the success of a Facilitator as is the necessity for confidentiality around all guest interactions
- all activities will take place outdoors so there will be exposure to the elements including dust, sun, wind, rain, and heat for several hours at a time
- physical requirements include standing, walking, lifting up to fifty pounds, bending, pushing, pulling, reaching, and climbing