Miraval Arizona (www.miravalresorts.com) is a premier resort and destination spa which provides the space - physically and spiritually - to reconnect with oneself on the path to a life in balance. Nestled at the base of the stunning Catalina Mountains, Miraval Arizona's 118 rooms and 16 residential villas, situated on 400 acres of lush Sonoran Desert, create an inspiring backdrop that is warm and welcoming any time of the year. Our luxurious accommodations, world renowned spa services, award winning cuisine, and cutting edge programs and activities have led to Miraval’s recognition as the #1 spa in the world, year after year.
We are currently seeking a skilled and experienced full-time Revenue Manager. The Revenue Manager will report to the CEO with a dotted line to the CFO. This position will be responsible for maximizing revenue, profit and market share associated with hotel guest rooms and function space. They will also manage all processes associated with demand, revenue, forecasting, opportunity analysis and inventory management.
With hotel corporate leadership, the Revenue Manager will work to identify future markets and will determine and manage sales strategy and pricing for FIT and group business. They have a significant responsibility to provide reports and analysis on booking patterns, pace and trends and will participate in weekly strategy meetings.
This position will be responsible for the following duties and responsibilities:
- Drives growth and enhances profitability
- Optimizes prices and allocates room availability to reflect shifting demand
- Ensures acceptance of most valuable business
- Accurately predicts demand for future dates
- Determines the proportional mix of FIT and group market segments within overall demand
- Determines what lengths of stay should be available to each market segment
- Works to attain budgeted room revenue and to maximize RevPar penetration for the property
- Provides analysis and reporting that ensures al segments and distribution channels are mined for revenue opportunities based on budget, forecast, pace and market demand
- Develops and maintains an innovative, forward-thinking team attitude driven towards continuous growth and improvement
- Maintains and manages all systems
- Partners with sales team providing analysis and data as needed
- Provides analytical research documents and reports in support of the annual rate and budget processes and established plans
- Produces and analyzes all reports for strategy meetings, provides insight and recommendations for pricing availability, market demand and promotional opportunities.
- Ensures that the hotel's yield strategy is accurately implemented in all distribution channels and reservation channels including onsite, third-party reservation providers, call centers, websites, GDS, etc.
- Conduct ongoing competitor price/product analysis to ensure proper rate positioning
- Maintain historical statistical data
- Continually monitor all pertinent travel related websites to ensure competitiveness in both availability and price
Requirements - Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Requires 3-5 years of related experience
- Prefer previous experience working in sales, reservations and/or revenue management in a high-end hotel environment
Additional Key Requirements:
- Proven Revenue Management experience and knowledge of advanced revenue management techniques
- Highly motivated and flexible, possessing the ability to take initiative, to succeed while under pressure and meet required deadlines
- Strong leadership skills as well as enthusiastic team spirit
- Highly developed customer service skills
- Effective business writing skills
- Ability to set and manage priorities and plan activities in advance
- Effectively and often creatively solve problems and make sound business decisions on a daily basis
- Incisive analytical skills as well as excellent problem recognition and resolution skills
- Excellent written, verbal and electronic communication skills
- Exceptional organizational and computer skills
- Ability to research and utilize the internet to acquire information
We offer full time benefits which include a medical, dental and vision plan, 401(k) plan with employer matching, Paid Time Off, hotel discounts, and much more.