Miraval Arizona (www.miravalresorts.com) is a premier resort and destination spa which provides the space - physically and spiritually - to reconnect with oneself on the path to a life in balance. Nestled at the base of the stunning Catalina Mountains, Miraval Arizona's 118 rooms and 16 residential villas, situated on 400 acres of lush Sonoran Desert, create an inspiring backdrop that is warm and welcoming any time of the year. Our luxurious accommodations, world renowned spa services, award winning cuisine, and cutting edge programs and activities have led to Miraval’s recognition as the #1 spa in the world, year after year.
We are currently seeking a skilled and experienced full-time Revenue Manager. The Revenue Manager will report to the CEO with a dotted line to the CFO. This position will be responsible for maximizing revenue, profit and market share associated with hotel guest rooms and function space. They will also manage all processes associated with demand, revenue, forecasting, opportunity analysis and inventory management.
With hotel corporate leadership, the Revenue Manager will work to identify future markets and will determine and manage sales strategy and pricing for FIT and group business. They have a significant responsibility to provide reports and analysis on booking patterns, pace and trends and will participate in weekly strategy meetings.
This position will be responsible for the following duties and responsibilities:
- Drives growth and enhances profitability
- Optimizes prices and allocates room availability to reflect shifting demand
- Ensures acceptance of most valuable business
- Accurately predicts demand for future dates
- Determines the proportional mix of FIT and group market segments within overall demand
- Determines what lengths of stay should be available to each market segment
- Works to attain budgeted room revenue and to maximize RevPar penetration for the property
- Provides analysis and reporting that ensures al segments and distribution channels are mined for revenue opportunities based on budget, forecast, pace and market demand
- Develops and maintains an innovative, forward-thinking team attitude driven towards continuous growth and improvement
- Maintains and manages all systems
- Partners with sales team providing analysis and data as needed
- Provides analytical research documents and reports in support of the annual rate and budget processes and established plans
- Produces and analyzes all reports for strategy meetings, provides insight and recommendations for pricing availability, market demand and promotional opportunities.
- Ensures that the hotel's yield strategy is accurately implemented in all distribution channels and reservation channels including onsite, third-party reservation providers, call centers, websites, GDS, etc.
- Conduct ongoing competitor price/product analysis to ensure proper rate positioning
- Maintain historical statistical data
- Continually monitor all pertinent travel related websites to ensure competitiveness in both availability and price
Requirements - Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Requires 3-5 years of related experience
- Prefer previous experience working in sales, reservations and/or revenue management in a high-end hotel environment
Additional Key Requirements:
- Proven Revenue Management experience and knowledge of advanced revenue management techniques
- Highly motivated and flexible, possessing the ability to take initiative, to succeed while under pressure and meet required deadlines
- Strong leadership skills as well as enthusiastic team spirit
- Highly developed customer service skills
- Effective business writing skills
- Ability to set and manage priorities and plan activities in advance
- Effectively and often creatively solve problems and make sound business decisions on a daily basis
- Incisive analytical skills as well as excellent problem recognition and resolution skills
- Excellent written, verbal and electronic communication skills
- Exceptional organizational and computer skills
- Ability to research and utilize the internet to acquire information
We offer full time benefits which include a medical, dental and vision plan, 401(k) plan with employer matching, Paid Time Off, hotel discounts, and much more.
Miraval Reservations Advisor - Full time
Miraval Arizona (www.miravalresorts.com) is a premier resort and destination spa that is truly dedicated to opening eyes, minds, and hearts. It provides the space - physically and spiritually - to reconnect with oneself on the path to a life in balance. Nestled at the base of the stunning Catalina Mountains, Miraval Arizona’s 118 guest rooms and 16 residential villas situated on 400 acres of lush Sonoran Desert create an inspiring backdrop. Our luxurious accommodations, world renowned spa services, award winning cuisine and cutting edge programs and activities facilitated by an unrivaled team of wellbeing experts have led to Miraval’s recognition as the #1 destination spa in the world, and enable our guests to make positive and lasting change in their lives.
Mindfulness is the core of the Miraval philosophy. In everything we do, we encourage our guests to live in the present moment, conscious of the unique intersection of mind, body, and spirit. Miraval can be a catalyst for a healthy lifestyle change, a stress-free escape, a source of support through challenging times, or simply somewhere to rest, reflect and re-energize as one begins the next chapter in their life story. For most of our guests, the Miraval experience is nothing less than life-changing and life re-affirming.
We currently see a talented and self-motivated individual to join our team as a Miraval Reservations Advisor (Reservations Agent). The Advisor sets the tone for our guests before they even arrive through our main gate, as they are typically their first point of contact at Miraval.
From guests who are coming just for a relaxing vacation, to guests who have a focused purpose or intention to their stay, Miraval Reservations Advisors must make an immediate connection and provide the absolute highest level of personalized customer service and responsiveness. The sole purpose of this role is to create and maintain a supremely positive experience for each and every guest who contacts Miraval to request information or make arrangements to stay.
Miraval Reservations Advisors must be fully versed in and experienced with the principles of effective selling. They must be able to describe our offerings in an enticing, accurate and descriptive manner. The Advisor will process guest bookings for room accommodations, spa appointments and one-on-one consultations, as well as handle other diverse and sometimes complicated special arrangements via email and on the phone.
Miraval Advisors will cultivate a positive rapport with guests who call to inquire about Miraval’s services and activities. They must possess the skill of identifying sales opportunities through gaining insight into each guests’ specific intention for their visit to Miraval. They will consult with callers to design a comprehensive package exclusively for them.
Miraval Reservations Advisors are expected to generate a high volume of revenue. They MUST BE AN ASSUMPTIVE CLOSER, with an intuitive ability to make suggestions and direct the conversation at all times. Miraval Reservations Advisors must be able to effectively tailor the value of Miraval’s offerings to meet the specific wants, interests, and needs of each caller and to effectively reinforce for them that a Miraval getaway is the right fit for them.
Qualified candidates must be personable, articulate, well-spoken and persuasive. They must extremely computer savvy as well as creative, resourceful, dependable. Must be able to work extremely well both independently and as part of an effective team and must be able to take direction responsibly, with the capacity to make solid decisions and must demonstrate exceptional professional judgment at all times.
In order to be considered, candidates MUST have the following qualifications:
- Must have at least 2 years of high-end sales/customer service experience, preferably in a luxury hospitality setting.
- Must have a polished and professional demeanor with exceptional verbal, written and electronic communication skills. Impeccable spelling, grammar and usage of punctuation are critical.
- Must be extremely proficient with e-mail and database programs, as well as Microsoft applications such as Word, Excel, and Windows. Experience with hospitality property management software is strongly desired (Visual One preferred).
- Must have strong working knowledge of business equipment such as printers, high-speed photo scanners, fax, etc.
- Must be extremely comfortable and effective in up selling and cross-selling various products.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including weekends, evenings and holidays.
- Must be able to prioritize tasks and handle multiple duties simultaneously and efficiently.
- Must be highly organized, with impeccable attention to detail and consistent follow-through.
Miraval offers a highly competitive compensation and benefits package for this position, to include the following:
- Base wage of $12/hour
- Additional commission for booked reservations ($500-$800/month on average)
- Training that is fully-paid
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance with family and domestic partner plans
- Company-paid life and disability insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with generous company match
- Free use of fitness center and other resort amenities
- Deep employee discounts for overnight stays and spa treatments
- On-site employee cafeteria
- Positive and employee-centric work environment
- Opportunities for recognition, career advancement and personal growth