Miraval Arizona (www.miravalresorts.com) is a premier resort and destination spa which provides the space - physically and spiritually - to reconnect with oneself on the path to a life in balance. Nestled at the base of the stunning Catalina Mountains, Miraval Arizona's 118 rooms and 16 residential villas, situated on 400 acres of lush Sonoran Desert, create an inspiring backdrop that is warm and welcoming any time of the year. Our luxurious accommodations, world renowned spa services, award winning cuisine, and cutting edge programs and activities have led to Miraval’s recognition as the #1 spa in the world, year after year.
We are currently seeking a skilled and experienced full-time Revenue Manager. The Revenue Manager will report to the CEO with a dotted line to the CFO. This position will be responsible for maximizing revenue, profit and market share associated with hotel guest rooms and function space. They will also manage all processes associated with demand, revenue, forecasting, opportunity analysis and inventory management.
With hotel corporate leadership, the Revenue Manager will work to identify future markets and will determine and manage sales strategy and pricing for FIT and group business. They have a significant responsibility to provide reports and analysis on booking patterns, pace and trends and will participate in weekly strategy meetings.
This position will be responsible for the following duties and responsibilities:
- Drives growth and enhances profitability
- Optimizes prices and allocates room availability to reflect shifting demand
- Ensures acceptance of most valuable business
- Accurately predicts demand for future dates
- Determines the proportional mix of FIT and group market segments within overall demand
- Determines what lengths of stay should be available to each market segment
- Works to attain budgeted room revenue and to maximize RevPar penetration for the property
- Provides analysis and reporting that ensures al segments and distribution channels are mined for revenue opportunities based on budget, forecast, pace and market demand
- Develops and maintains an innovative, forward-thinking team attitude driven towards continuous growth and improvement
- Maintains and manages all systems
- Partners with sales team providing analysis and data as needed
- Provides analytical research documents and reports in support of the annual rate and budget processes and established plans
- Produces and analyzes all reports for strategy meetings, provides insight and recommendations for pricing availability, market demand and promotional opportunities.
- Ensures that the hotel's yield strategy is accurately implemented in all distribution channels and reservation channels including onsite, third-party reservation providers, call centers, websites, GDS, etc.
- Conduct ongoing competitor price/product analysis to ensure proper rate positioning
- Maintain historical statistical data
- Continually monitor all pertinent travel related websites to ensure competitiveness in both availability and price
Requirements - Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Requires 3-5 years of related experience
- Prefer previous experience working in sales, reservations and/or revenue management in a high-end hotel environment
Additional Key Requirements:
- Proven Revenue Management experience and knowledge of advanced revenue management techniques
- Highly motivated and flexible, possessing the ability to take initiative, to succeed while under pressure and meet required deadlines
- Strong leadership skills as well as enthusiastic team spirit
- Highly developed customer service skills
- Effective business writing skills
- Ability to set and manage priorities and plan activities in advance
- Effectively and often creatively solve problems and make sound business decisions on a daily basis
- Incisive analytical skills as well as excellent problem recognition and resolution skills
- Excellent written, verbal and electronic communication skills
- Exceptional organizational and computer skills
- Ability to research and utilize the internet to acquire information
We offer full time benefits which include a medical, dental and vision plan, 401(k) plan with employer matching, Paid Time Off, hotel discounts, and much more.
Job Summary: The Reservations Manager is responsible for creating and developing a high-performing, sales driven call center environment focused on exceeding guest expectations and revenue goals.
• Create a high performance, revenue generating team through consistent development, training and coaching of Reservations Agents and Advisors.
• Leverage room inventory, maximize average rate and up-sell resort services and amenities through hands-on coaching and feedback to achieve company conversion, revenue and guest service goals.
• Ensure a positive pre-arrival experience for guests by accurately conveying resort and reservation information, qualifying guest needs, and ensuring precise entry of guest information into booking system.
• React responsively to trends and changes in market conditions by adjusting selling strategies relative to business needs.
• Data tracking, reporting and auditing relevant information
• Forecasting call volume and determining best sales strategy of resort products
• Responsible for upholding Miraval departmental standards and practices.
• Implement and manage all processes related to the effective handling of inbound guest calls.
• Ensures effective resolution of service issues with a proactive approach to guest needs.
• Convey information, both written and verbal that is clear, precise, and understandable by all levels.
• Respond timely to requests for information and assistance from guests, agents and other resort employees.
• Understand and be able to develop and leverage a team of people with unique talents and a variety of strengths to maximize effectiveness of the department.
• Completing schedule for reservations agents
• Effective budget and P&L management
• Maintain PMS and all other booking systems
• Regularly recognize and reward agents for excellent performance
• Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
• Minimum of 2 years of managerial experience in a hotel reservations call center environment preferred
• Advanced technology proficiency with thorough working knowledge of GDS, reservations software and booking systems (Agilisys/Visual One preferred)
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills with ability to skillfully articulate resort information to guests and new agents
• Previous experience in development and delivery of training information
• Bachelor’s degree in sales, marketing or other business related field
• Proactive approach to guest service needs and resolution
• Exceptional time management, detail and organizational skills
• High level of computer capability
Full Time Benefits Include:
• Medical, dental and vision plan
• 401(k) plan with 25% employer match
• Paid time-off
• Resort and Spa discounts
• Use of resort programs and facilities
• Company paid STD, LTD and Life Insurance
Reservations Agent - Full Time
We currently see a talented and self-motivated individual to join our team as a Miraval Advisor (Reservations Agent).The Advisor sets the tone for our guests before they even arrive through our main gate, as they are typically their first point of contact at Miraval.
From guests who are coming just for a relaxing vacation, to guests who have a focused purpose or intention to their stay, Miraval Advisors must make an immediate connection and provide the absolute highest level of personalized customer service and responsiveness.The sole purpose of this role is to create and maintain a supremely positive experience for each and every guest who contacts Miraval to request information or make arrangements to stay.
- must be fully versed in and experienced with the principles of effective selling
- must be able to describe our offerings in an enticing, accurate and descriptive manner
- will process guest bookings for room accommodations, spa appointments and one-on-one consultations, as well as handle other diverse and sometimes complicated special arrangements via email and on the phone
- will cultivate a positive rapport with guests who call to inquire about Miraval’s services and activities
- must possess the skill of identifying sales opportunities through gaining insight into each guests’ specific intention for their visit to Miraval
- will consult with callers to design a comprehensive package exclusively for them.
- will be expected to generate a high volume of revenue
- MUST BE AN ASSUMPTIVE CLOSER, with an intuitive ability to make suggestions and direct the conversation at all times.
- must be able to effectively tailor the value of Miraval’s offerings to meet the specific wants, interests, and needs of each caller and to effectively reinforce for them that a Miraval getaway is the right fit for them.
Miraval Pre-Booking Advisor - Full Time
The Miraval Reservations Advisor sets the tone for our guests before they even drive through the gate; they are often their first point of contact at Miraval.
- Concierge experience (1-3 yrs) is essential to provide our guests with a memorable experience while staying at Miraval.
- From guests who are coming for a vacation to guests who have a purpose and intention to their stay, the Miraval Advisors must make a connection and provide the guest with quality services and experiences and respond to all guest requests promptly to ensure a positive guest stay.
- must understand the basic principles of selling, processing guest requests for spa appointments, one on ones, special requests, and telephone customer service.
- must be familiar with the operation of property management software, e-mail, routine database activity, graphics, and Microsoft applications such as Word, Excel, and Windows.
- know how to operate printers and other front office equipment.
- must be able to prioritize tasks and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- nights and weekends required.