NATIONAL GROUP SALES MANAGER (TUCSON/PHOENIX REGION) - FULL TIME/SALARIED
Group Sales Business Development Manager will be responsible for achieving overall occupancy in meeting and/or exceeding budgeted goals in all group market segments. Positioned based in-market (remote) in Phoenix/ surrounding southwestern areas
- Responsible for directing, coordinating and supervising the Sales Administrator in all sales related activities, including direct sales efforts, follow-up and proper sales administration.
- Responsible for generating new business to ensure that group revenues meet or exceed budget in order to maximize revenue and profits, and to improve the spa’s performance in the marketplace.
- Create, plan and manage sales efforts to achieve and exceed overall occupancy, and increased group business.
- Monitor expenditures on sales trips, tradeshows, events and entertaining to meet budgeted guidelines.
- Coordinate with the sales staff in evaluating, soliciting, selling and in confirming profitable business.
- Plan and implement sales calls to key meeting planners making presentations on a monthly basis.
- Follow up with sales summaries to the Director of Sales monthly.
- Attend and participate in client events to generate interest in Miraval.
- Partner with Visit Tucson Convention and Visitors Bureau in joint sales calls, trade shows and events.
- Conduct site inspections when on property for all sales managers as needed.
- Coordinate with the sales staff to identify overall market trends as it pertains to the group business
- Attend and participate in all manager and employee meetings on property or by conference call, representing the Sales department.
- Maintain and update all contact lists of all clients, meeting planners and corporations.
- Pursue and produce new contacts with local, national and worldwide companies through a variety of selling techniques (including outside sales calls, emails, mailings, lead referral follow up, networking and account management.
- Attend and participate in local and regional charities and events that have requested our participation and donations.
- Supervise/manage/direct the selection, training, development, appraisal and work assignments of personnel.
- Comply with all safety policies, practices and procedures. Report all unsafe activities to supervisor and/or Human Resources.
- Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Provide leadership to others through example and sharing of knowledge/skill.Job Requirements
- Present a professional demeanor at all times as an executive representative of Miraval. Must possess a knowledge of said property to skillfully articulate and present to clients.
- Proficient personal computer skills including electronic mail, record keeping, routine database activity, word processing, spreadsheet, graphics, etc. Able to perform a power point sales presentation.
- Moderate overnight travel by land and/or air monthly to designated territories.
- 3 years experience in Luxury Resort Sales
- Excellent prospecting and business development skills to acquire new customers
- Ability to travel, conduct presentations, and negotiate sales contracts