Director of Sales
Manages the operations of all functions that provide support to the Sales Department. Responsible for planning and executing sales events, overseeing and managing operational aspects of the sales process and sales team. Reports to the Chief Executive Officer.
- Source locations and vendors for in-market events
- Source vendors for on-site events
- Work with Conference Services Manager(s) to create FAM agendas/events for individual properties
- Prepare budgets and proposals for approval
- Work closely with the Miraval Chef to create menus that are in keeping with the Miraval philosophy and also meet each event’s needs.
- Handle travel arrangements for Experts participating in events
- Pay vendors in a timely manner
- Create and maintain data bases from RSVP information
- Work closely with the Director/Assistant Director of Programs to borrow Miraval Tucson Talent with minimal negative impact on Miraval Tucson.
- Ensure that Expert contractual agreements are followed when utilizing Miraval Experts that are on independent contracts.
- Communicate with NIKE and LP&G when planning events
- Location logistic
- Press attendees – special needs etc.
- Responsible for Miraval Group (i.e. talent (Expert) programs) as it relates to initial set up. Date choice, pricing, etc.
- Work with talent (Experts) to plan Miraval Groups in all locations as well as set pricing and content.
- Handle the Miraval Group planning for all locations. Dates & pricing to be set in conjunction with the sales managers at least 15 months in advance.
- Work with Director of Marketing Operations to insure that each the Miraval Group program information for all marketing pieces and website is accurate and up to date.
- Work with Director of Reservations and Contract Administrator to optimize fill of each group. Follow through with Corporate Director of Marketing Operations to execute marketing program for each group.
- At the direction of the General Manager support all revenue efforts
- Work on market research projects as assigned
- Conducts or assist with Site Inspections
- Assist the Director of Marketing Operations with the creation and maintenance of Sales collateral materials
- Assists Sales Managers with planning and executing in-market events
- Assist Sales Managers create memorable FAM trips
- Other tasks as assigned
- Hospitality Management Degree or equivalent
- Minimum of five years’ experience in Hotel/Resort Sales and/or Conference Services
- Good understanding of the luxury hotel/resort/spa market
- Excellent customer skills, superior interpersonal skills, results oriented and highly motivated.
- Proven ability to plan and execute events effectively with a strong attention to detail.
- Knowledge of Delphi, Word, Excel and PMS programs.
- Knowledge of forecasting and budgeting process
- Good understanding of all hotel departments, particularly housekeeping, front office, spa, banquets and culinary.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Able to multi-task and work under pressure
- Knowledge of meeting space capacities pertaining to health and safety procedures and terminology of meeting room set ups.