Social Groups Sales Manager
Miraval Resort Tucson is currently hiring for an experienced and innovative Sales Manager with a proven record for generating revenue, building successful business and a drive to exceed expectations.
Reporting to the V.P. of Sales, this position will be responsible for reactively handling incoming social group inquiries, growing existing accounts and consistently maximizing group revenue and profitability through the sale of guest room nights, meetings, spa and resort program services.
- Establish relationship with existing social accounts to continue meeting service needs while revealing new opportunities for experiences at Miraval
- With guidance from the V.P. of Sales, institute and follow established plan to convert inquiries into definite bookings
- Consistently achieve and exceed established sales goals
- Conduct site-inspections for all clients as requested
- Attend appropriate industry functions as an enthusiastic representative of the Miraval brand
- Ensure the highest levels of guest service and client satisfaction are achieved within all interactions
- Responsible for all aspects of account management
- Work with the Sales team to drive new ideas, new strategies and best practices
- Update and maintain client database and information
- Participate in coordination of special events, promotions and communication efforts
- Partner with resort departments to communicate guest needs, changes, processes, and BEO/Contract specifications
- Bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in Sales and Business Development
- Minimum of 2 years of progressive hospitality industry, reservations experience and or group sales experience is preferably in the luxury resort market
- Exceptional presentation and communication skills to include in-person, verbal, electronic and written ability
- Strong negotiation skills and proven track record for effectively closing group business
- Organized and able to prioritize responsibilities
- Proficient computer skills including email, internet research, MS Office, and sales reports
- Possesses working knowledge of; Delphi, Agilisys V1, SMS, IDEAS and/or other sales-related software programs.
- Has excellent verbal and written communication skills in the English language.
- Strong contract negotiation skills and proven track record for effectively closing group business
Sales Coordinator - Full Time/Hourly
- Perform Sales projects such as familiarization trip management, local sales blitz, in market eventcoordination, and various other sales projects as warranted.
- Administrative support of VP Sales, Group Sales Managers, Social Group Sales Manager and Group Services Manager.
- Administrative support of sales managers.
- Update and maintain current database.
- Generate and provide reports to insure integrity of database.
- Participate in coordination of special events, promotions and communication efforts.
- Communicate in a sophisticated and professional manner with all clients and staff.
- Act as resource for Miraval Advisors regarding questions and clarifications of group issues.
- Follow up on specific VIP in nature requests from clients.
- Create and manage daily, weekly and monthly sales reports and activity summaries.
- Serve as primary point of contact for reservations department.
- Interface with clients to answer questions or assist staff with communications between resort and clientele.
- Issue proposals and contracts to clients at direction of Social Group Sales Manager, Group Sales Manager and Group Services Manager and VP of Sales.
- Serve as sales database manager to insure consistency of account information and instruct fellow staff members on accurate input of data.
- Work with marketing staff to assist in completing sales related brochures, promotional campaigns, direct mail, e-blast communications and social media solicitation.
- Interact primarily via telephone with Travel Agents to answer questions, clarify promotional requirements and special arrangements to include but not limited to FAM trips, site visits, etc.
- Manage VIP arrangements for on-property site visits.
- Assist sales team in coordinating in-market sales trips.
- Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in business, Communications, Journalism, Tourism Development or a related field is desirable.
- 2 years work experience related to hospitality industry.
- Hospitality/tourism industry experience preferred
- Ability to prepare comprehensive reports documenting sales related activities.
- Ability to communicate with all levels of staff and management to effectively convey ideas in both verbal and written format.
- Ability to project a positive and professional demeanor and approach, reflective of Miraval's image and values.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize, with emphasis on attention to detail and continuous follow-up.
- Ability to elicit buy-in and cooperation of others.
- Ability to maintain physical condition appropriate to the performance of assigned duties and responsibilities, which may include sitting or standing for extended periods of time and for operating assigned office equipment.
- Ability for appropriate decision-making and problem-solving, utilizing factual information, company policies, and personal judgment through experience.
- Flexibility and adaptability to effectively handle stress and matriculate in a fast-paced, frequently-changing environment.
- Exceptional computer skills, with intimate knowledge of Microsoft Office programs including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.