Security Officer - On Call
Security Officer position is responsible to protect the safety and security of guests, staff, and Miraval's assets. Security is required to observe, monitor, and report all activity around Miraval, the perimeter of the resort, and the Villas. Security contributes to the education and training of staff and guests on the safety and security issues with directive from supervisors.
This position is primarily night and overnight shifts.* Assisting with guest requests as top priority.
* Maintain security functions as directed by Security Manager.
* Patrol Miraval, Villas, guest/employee parking lots, and surrounding grounds.
* Secure property after closing hours and regularly monitoring grounds and surrounding areas of Miraval.
* Assist with escorting guests and deliver luggage in the absence of a Bellman or Guest Service Agent.
* Complete all tasks assigned on nightly checklist and forward checklist to General Manager, Rooms Division Manager, and other appropriate members of management.
* Assist Night Auditor with any security issues.
* Question unsafe practices and anticipate unsafe situations.
* Be suspicious of out of the ordinary situations.
* Prepare incident reports on guests, staff, and situations involving resort property.
* Interact with other departments as needed.
* Assist Drivers with guest transportation requests.
* Follow all safety procedures for department and Company.
* Responsible for security and inventory of keys and other valuable property.
* Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and Miraval goals.
* Other duties as may be assigned by management.
Security Manager - Full Time
- responsible for the creation and implementation of policies, procedures, documentation and monitoring systems to ensure the safety, security of the guests, staff, physical and financial assets of the entire property.
- Also responsible for the Management of the Security Staff.Responsible for reviews both 90 day and annual reviews , PTO
- Supervises Security Staff
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Hotel experience and Managerial Experience preferred
- Ability to read and interpret documents in the English language such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to solve practical problems. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Prefer CPR and First Aid Certificate.