Assistant Spa Director - Full Time/Salaried
The primary responsibility of the Assistant Spa Director is to assist the Director in setting the leadership standard in providing direction and supervision to spa staff in the Spa's daily operations including but not limited to fitness, yoga, mindfulness and meditation, spa desk and locker room, pool operations, and the full Treatment Menu of Services and Programs. The Assistant Spa Director is the lead Manager on Duty for the Spa and with the Director serves as a role model of personal and professional values across Miraval. The Assistant Spa Director oversees the coordination of all guest needs, oversees the process of staff scheduling to accommodate guest needs, and provides the attention to details in the Spa Standards. This person will support and represent the Spa Director in her or his absence in internal/external meetings and activities.
Assists in the development and refinement of policies, procedures, service protocols and job design for each department and position in the Spa.
- Effectively addresses all guest and employee issues and concerns in a professional manner.
- Supervises, counsels, evaluates, and monitors attendance of all Spa personnel.
- Assists in developing and implementing budgets, monitors revenues and operating costs.
- Recommends and implements methods for increasing revenue and controlling costs.
- Continuously monitors cleanliness of environment, ambience, and condition of physical space.
- Collaborates as needed on projects and strategies related to Miraval's growth and brand expansion.
- Performs other duties, tasks and projects as assigned by the Director.
- Ability to work in a dynamic, entrepreneurial organization, in both a team and independent environment.
- Product knowledge - Hospitality, Resort, and High-End Residential, with knowledge of the health and wellness industries.
- Ability to make reasoned business decisions, taking into account several financial and strategic variables.
- Strong leadership and organizational skills necessary to manage various departments as well as total Spa operation.
- Possess business and financial skills to assist in developing and analyzing budgets, management and financial reports, cost analysis, etc.
- Must display appropriate social skills, congeniality, confidentially and discretion necessary to make guests feel comfortable and welcome and serve as a role model for employees.
- Demonstrated experience and ability to mentor, teach, supervise, motivate, monitor, encourage and support the advancement and continuity of staff.
- Full time, flexible availability.
Strong leadership and organizational skills necessary to manage various departments as well as total Spa operation.
Possess business and financial skills to assist in developing and analyzing budgets, management and financial reports, cost analysis, etc.
Previous Spa Director/Management experience essential with 5 years of direct spa operational responsibility and supervision in a full service, large volume, resort setting required. Hospitality Education and other resort experience a plus.
Massage Therapist - Part Time and On Call
The Massage Therapist administers professional massage and body treatments to our guests. Candidates must have a thorough knowledge of various massage modalities, possess a general understanding of body treatments and be willing to participate in Miraval specific massage training.
Experience in Thai and/or Hot Stone is preferred. Must possess excellent communication/guest relations skills in order to effectively provide wellness solutions to meet the needs of our guests. Must hold a current Arizona state massage license. Resort Spa experience is preferred. We have several open positions including Full-Time, Part-Time.
Thai Massage Therapist - Part Time
The Thai Massage Therapist administers professional Thai massage to our guests.Ideally, candidates will have additional knowledge of other massage modalities, possess a general understanding of body treatments and be willing to participate in Miraval specific massage training. Must possess excellent communication/guest relations skills in order to effectively provide wellness solutions to meet the needs of our guests.Must hold a current Arizona state massage license. Must be available to work a flexible schedule. This is a part time position.
Aesthetician - Full Time and Part Time
The experienced Aesthetician must provide quality facials, waxing, and make-up application and be responsible for learning treatments specific to Miraval and all pertinent product lines.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Must possess the ability to perform consecutive services in a pre-determined period of time.
- Be able to adhere to confirmed schedule and appointments
- Maintain cleanliness of equipment and stations used as well as restock of linens and products between and at the end of each working shift.
- Required to sell retail products associated with treatments, and achieve monthly sales goals.
- Organize and hand in an accurate accounting of appointments at the end of each pay period
- Must be able to anticipate and respond to individual guest needs and interact with guests in a professional helpful demeanor.
- Ability to understand personal boundaries and confidentiality of guest information
- Must possess strong educational background with the ability to implement appropriate techniques according to assessment of guests, indications or contradictions.
- Possess good decision making ability in regards to guest situations that may arise in the moment without management supervision.
- Adhere to all policies and procedures as stated in the employee handbook
Education and Requirements:
- Must have graduated from an accredited esthetic school with a minimum of 600 hours.
- Minimum of 1 year working as an Aesthetician
- Arizona license required
- Must be able to speak, read, write and communicate clearly in English
- Must be able to stand at least 50% of the shift
- Must be able to sit at least 50% of the shift
- Reaching, bending, pushing, pulling, bending and walking are required intermittently throughout shift
Spa Receptionist -Part Time
The Spa Receptionist is responsible for checking guests in for their services, scheduling and rearranging appointments as necessary for guests, as well as acting as a liaison between guests and other departments of the resort when necessary. The Receptionist must provide quality customer service, and be willing to learn about various services offered as well as necessary computer programs. This person must perform a variet of daily tasks to keep the front desk functioning smoothly.
Responsibilities include but are not limted to:
- Perform check-in procedures on a daily basis
- Understand current status of promotional programs
- Process guest charges and credit card vouchers
- Verify all account postings and balances
- Answer guest requests, ensure request has been resolved
- Transfer charges and deposits to master accounts
- Ensure daily shift checklists are complete
- Stay informed of all Spa services offered at Miraval
- Ensure guest accounts are accurate and credit information is up-to-date
- Inform management of any guest concerns that may arise
- Communicate changes regarding guest accounts to all areas that may be affected throughout the resort
- Provide leadership to others through example of sharing knowledge/skill
- Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and MIraval goals
- Has an active role as the point person when an emergency situation arises by contacting 911 or notifying proper departments/guests
- Prepares incident reports in situations involving guests, staff, and Miraval property
- Comply with all safety policies, practicies and procedures. Report all unsafe actvities to supervisor and/or Human Resources
- Must maintain a profesional and friendly appearance and attitude at all times
- Will assist guests in all areas of scheduling spa appointments in person and over the phone
- Responsible for running daily reports
- Will complete sales of products sold
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and at least one year or more of customer service experience preferably in a Spa or Salon setting. Must possess exceptional communication skills to include verbal, written, and electronic. Must be able to use good decision making skills, understand and utilize computer and phone system and have good math skills. This position will be sitting, walking, standing, bending, reaching and light lifting as needed. Will be using fingers, hands, and arms repetitively during each shift.We currently have a part-time position available.
Male Locker Room Attendant - Part Time and On Call
The Male Locker Room Attendant is an opportunity which will be assisting guests with robes, towels, slippers, and lockers, ensuring the cleanliness of locker room facilities, maintaining spa public areas and keeping the pool area clean and well-stocked.
Must be available to work flexible schedule including: days, evenings, holidays, and weekends. This position will be standing and walking 85% of the time, bending, stooping, pushing, pulling, reaching and lifting up to 50 lbs. The Locker Room Attendant is on the front-line of guest interaction so exceptional customer service and communication is required. Must be able to communicate clearly verbally and in writing and must be able to read, interpret, and repeat directions and instructions accurately.