Assistant Spa Director - Full Time/Salaried
The primary responsibility of the Assistant Spa Director is to assist the Director in setting the leadership standard in providing direction and supervision to spa staff in the Spa's daily operations including but not limited to fitness, yoga, mindfulness and meditation, spa desk and locker room, pool operations, and the full Treatment Menu of Services and Programs. The Assistant Spa Director is the lead Manager on Duty for the Spa and with the Director serves as a role model of personal and professional values across Miraval. The Assistant Spa Director oversees the coordination of all guest needs, oversees the process of staff scheduling to accommodate guest needs, and provides the attention to details in the Spa Standards. This person will support and represent the Spa Director in her or his absence in internal/external meetings and activities.
Assists in the development and refinement of policies, procedures, service protocols and job design for each department and position in the Spa.
- Effectively addresses all guest and employee issues and concerns in a professional manner.
- Supervises, counsels, evaluates, and monitors attendance of all Spa personnel.
- Assists in developing and implementing budgets, monitors revenues and operating costs.
- Recommends and implements methods for increasing revenue and controlling costs.
- Continuously monitors cleanliness of environment, ambience, and condition of physical space.
- Collaborates as needed on projects and strategies related to Miraval's growth and brand expansion.
- Performs other duties, tasks and projects as assigned by the Director.
- Ability to work in a dynamic, entrepreneurial organization, in both a team and independent environment.
- Product knowledge - Hospitality, Resort, and High-End Residential, with knowledge of the health and wellness industries.
- Ability to make reasoned business decisions, taking into account several financial and strategic variables.
- Strong leadership and organizational skills necessary to manage various departments as well as total Spa operation.
- Possess business and financial skills to assist in developing and analyzing budgets, management and financial reports, cost analysis, etc.
- Must display appropriate social skills, congeniality, confidentially and discretion necessary to make guests feel comfortable and welcome and serve as a role model for employees.
- Demonstrated experience and ability to mentor, teach, supervise, motivate, monitor, encourage and support the advancement and continuity of staff.
- Full time, flexible availability.
Strong leadership and organizational skills necessary to manage various departments as well as total Spa operation.
Possess business and financial skills to assist in developing and analyzing budgets, management and financial reports, cost analysis, etc.
Previous Spa Director/Management experience essential with 5 years of direct spa operational responsibility and supervision in a full service, large volume, resort setting required. Hospitality Education and other resort experience a plus.
Massage Therapist - Full Time, Part Time and On Call
The Massage Therapist administers professional massage and body treatments to our guests. Candidates must have a thorough knowledge of various massage modalities, possess a general understanding of body treatments and be willing to participate in Miraval specific massage training.
Experience in Thai and/or Hot Stone is preferred. Must possess excellent communication/guest relations skills in order to effectively provide wellness solutions to meet the needs of our guests. Must hold a current Arizona state massage license. Resort Spa experience is preferred. We have several open positions including Full-Time, Part-Time and On Call
Thai Massage Therapist - Part Time
The Thai Massage Therapist administers professional Thai massage to our guests.Ideally, candidates will have additional knowledge of other massage modalities, possess a general understanding of body treatments and be willing to participate in Miraval specific massage training. Must possess excellent communication/guest relations skills in order to effectively provide wellness solutions to meet the needs of our guests.Must hold a current Arizona state massage license. Must be available to work a flexible schedule. This is a part time position.
Nail Technician - Full Time and Part Time
- Must provide quality nail services and will be responsible for learning treatments specific to Miraval and all pertinent product lines
- Adhere to given schedule and appointments, organize and hand in to manager all completed forms with voucher receipts of appointments at the end of the shift, adhere to all policies and procedures as stated in the employee handbook
- Maintain cleanliness of equipment and stations used as well as restock of linens and products between and at the end of each working shift
- Must possess the ability to perform consecutive services in a pre-determined period of time
- Must be able to respond to individual guest needs and adhere to Miraval standards as written in the employee handbook, required to demonstrate job performance proficiency in at least the following areas: Perform 3 consecutive 50-minute natural manicures and pedicures.
- Must have graduated from an accredited cosmetology school with a minimum of 300 hours
- Must possess a strong educational background with the ability to implement appropriate techniques according to assessment of guests, indications or contradictions
- Minimum of 1-year experience as a nail tech required
- English is required to communicate with guests and management
- Must possess the ability to represent the Mission of Miraval as in the handbook, verbally and with body language
- Must speak quietly in a clear, concise, confident manner to guests and employees
- Job requires strong to moderate physical stamina
- Must be able to withstand up to 8 hours of sitting and reaching with intermittent bending and walking
Men's Locker Room Attendant - Part Time and On Call
- the Locker Room Attendant will assist guests with robes, towels, slippers and lockers
- ensure the cleanliness of locker room facilities
- maintain Spa public areas: lobby, quiet room, pool
- keeps the pool area clean and well-stocked
- this is an integral position in the Spa as guests often ask questions about our spa treatments, the resort and inquire about other departments.
- The LRA must have excellent customer service and communication skills
- be able to learn the basic descriptions of our spa treatments
- be flexible with what may need to be accomplished in their area each day
- have the ability to work on their own and use good judgment
- The Locker Room Attendant position requires walking, standing, and light to medium lifting of linen, towels, and robes, bending, reaching, pushing, pulling and stooping
Women's Locker Room Attendant - Part Time and On Call
The Locker Room Attendant is on the front-line of guest interaction so exceptional customer service and communication is required.
- assists guestswithrobes,towels,slippersandlockers
- ensures thecleanlinessoflockerroomfacilities
- maintains spapublicareas
- keeps thepoolareacleanandwell-stocked
- Mustbeavailabletoworka flexiblescheduleincluding;days,evenings,holidaysandweekends.
- must be able to communicate clearly verbally and in writing and must be able to read, interpret, and repeat directions and instructions accurately
Spa Receptionist - Full Time and Part Time