MASSAGE THERAPIST - PART TIME
Must provide quality massage therapy and be responsible for learning treatments specific to Miraval and all pertinent product lines.
- Adhere to given schedule and appointments.
- Organize and hand in an accurate accounting of appointments at the end of each pay period.
- Adhere to all policies and procedures as stated in the employee handbook.
- Maintain cleanliness of equipment and rooms, as well as, restock of linens and products between and at the end of each working shift.
- Must possess the ability to perform consecutive services in a pre-determined period of time.
- Required to sell retail products associated with treatments and achieve monthly sales goals.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below represent the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must act in accordance with State Licensing & Education.
- Must have a minimum of one year professional massage experience.
- Must possess excellent communication skills.
- Must possess strong educational background with the ability to implement appropriate techniques according to assessment of guests, indications or contradictions.
- Minimum of 1 year Spa experience working as a massage therapist.
SPA MANAGER - FULL TIME
Oversees spa purchasing activities, safety, SOP’s, treatment protocols, outdoor treatment rooms, vendor relationships and continuing education for providers. Able to address guest issues and concerns in a professional manner. Ability to assist in front desk and locker room operations.
- Manages all purchasing activities.
- Prepare and process requisitions and purchase orders for supplies and equipment.
- Track and maintain supply and product inventory levels.
- Purchases supplies and products based on inventory levels.
- Analyzes changes in materials and supplies to find ways to reduce costs and improve quality.
- Maintains records of supplies and products ordered and received.
- Maintains check book and controls expenses.
- Yielding strategies
- Compare, analyze and report on trends using various spreadsheets.
- Revenue Management.
- Ensures that supplies are available and the facilities are clean and in safe condition at all times.
- Assists in locker room and front desk as necessary.
- Performs opening and/or closing Spa MOD duties.
- Performs addition duties deemed reasonable by the Spa Director.
- Responsible for overseeing the Therapist Assistant staff.
- Adheres to and enforces Miraval policies and procedures.
- Organizes training and education for Therapist Assistant staff.
- Works in Microsoft Word and Excel: creating, printing, editing documents and/or spreadsheets.
- Conducts performance reviews.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Hotel Management or Business preferred.
- 2 to 3 years management/supervisor experience
- Requires excellent people and communication skills.
- Experienced in managing people with compassion, patience, and maturity.
- Capable of dealing with stressful situations in a calm and professional manner.
- Possess excellent organizational skills.
- Fluent in English
- Must be self-motivated and a problem solver, and possess excellent listening and communication skills.
- Practice mindful languaging and apply to guest situations.
THAI MASSAGE THERAPIST - PART TIME
The Thai Massage Therapist administers professional Thai massage to our guests.Ideally, candidates will have additional knowledge of other massage modalities, possess a general understanding of body treatments and be willing to participate in Miraval specific massage training. Must possess excellent communication/guest relations skills in order to effectively provide wellness solutions to meet the needs of our guests.Must hold a current Arizona state massage license. Must be available to work a flexible schedule. This is a part time position.
WATSU THERAPIST (AQUA ZEN) - PART TIME
The Aqua Zen Therapist must hold a current massage license in the state of Arizona and have at least one year of Watsu I and II experience. The ideal candidate will perform this gentle form of body therapy in warm water, while combining elements of massage, joint mobilization, shiatsu, muscle stretching and dance.
- Therapist must be able to perform in an outdoor heated pool.
- All candidates will be required to test-out prior to being hired.
- This position works in very close physical contact with our guests so the utmost in professionalism and respect is paramount.
- This position requires stretching, pushing, pulling, reaching and twisting.
- Must have exceptional communication skills and be able to explain movements to guests and answer their questions.