Effective Date: September 1, 2010
At Miraval Resort Tucson, LLC (d/b/a Miraval and Miraval Arizona), we understand that your privacy and your health are very personal matters, and we appreciate the trust you place in us to treat your information carefully and sensibly. This document outlines the types of personal information we collect and use when you use our services, as well as some of the steps we take to safeguard information. We hope this will help you make an informed decision about sharing personal information with us.
This notice provides the privacy practices that apply to the www.miravalresorts.com website operated by Miraval Resorts.
Personal information and other data we collect
* We collect personally identifiable information when you voluntarily provide it to us or authorize us to collect it on your behalf. The types of personally identifiable information that we collect include, without limitation: name, address, telephone number, fax number, email address, and credit card account information. You may also choose to provide additional personally identifiable information to us through your use of certain features of the website.
* We collect non-personally identifiable information such as browser type, IP address, and Web pages visited to help manage our site and improve our offerings.
* When you provide your personally identifiable information to us or we collect it on your behalf, we may use your personally identifiable information to obtain additional information about you from third parties and to combine it with the information that you have provided or that we have collected on your behalf.
Uses of information
* We use the information we collect to provide the services you request, including personalized content and advertising.
* We offer you a choice about whether to receive marketing communications from us.
* We do not share your personally identifiable information with non-affiliated companies to use for their marketing purposes unless we have obtained your consent.
* We do not sell, rent or lease your personal information to insurance companies or pharmaceutical companies.
* To provide you with products or services you request, or to provide information about offers that may interest you, we may share your personally identifiable information with affiliated companies or with non-affiliated companies that work on our behalf, including, without limitation: data processors, marketing vendors and service providers, fulfillment houses, call centers, credit card processors, and hosting vendors.
* We may share aggregated, non-personal information about you with third parties to improve our website services or for other reasons.
* We may share personally identifiable information with third parties in other limited circumstances, including complying with legal process, law enforcement, preventing fraud or imminent harm, and ensuring the security of our or our contractors’ systems or networks. In addition, in the event that all or some of Miraval Resorts’ stock, business and/or assets are transferred or sold to another entity or if Miraval is merged into or combined with another company, Miraval Resorts may transfer your personally identifiable information to the acquiring entity or the transferee entity after the merger or combination.
* We offer you choices when we ask for your personally identifiable information whenever reasonably possible.
* You can control the privacy levels for different community features on our site, with settings that range from private to viewable by everyone.
* You can control the level to which we personalize your experience.
* You decide if you’d like to receive marketing communications.
* To update your personal information, Authentic Circle members should e-mail changes to email@example.com. All others can e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to submit desired changes to your information.
Safeguarding your information
* We have physical, technical and procedural safeguards to help protect your personally identifiable information.
* We limit access to your personally identifiable information.
Changes to this Policy
Miraval Resorts may change or supplement our policies, content, information, promotions, disclosures, disclaimers and features at any time and without prior notice at the sole and absolute discretion of Miraval Resorts. Changes to this Policy will be posted on this webpage and we will revise the “effective date” at the top of this Policy.
If we make any material changes in the way we collect, use, and/or share personal information that may impact you, we will notify you by sending an email to the email address you most recently provided to us (unless we do not have an email address for you) and/or by prominently posting notice of the changes on this website.
California Residents’ Privacy Rights
Companies that collect personally identifiable information from California residents and disclose such information to third parties for marketing purposes must, in response to a request by a consumer, either (1) provide a list detailing the categories of information shared and the entities to which such information was provided, or (2) provide a mechanism by which a consumer may opt out of having his or her information shared with third parties. We have elected the second option, and you may request that your personally identifiable information not be shared with third parties by sending your request, including your full name, email address and postal address, to Miraval using the contact information below. California residents are entitled to know that they may file grievances and complaints with California Department of Consumer Affairs, 400 R Street, Suite 1080, Sacramento, CA 95814; or by phone at 916-445-1254 or 800-952-5210; or by email to email@example.com.
How to contact us
You may unsubscribe at any time by clicking on “Thanks But No Thanks” from our e-mail communications. If you have any questions or concerns about our policy or its implementation, you may contact us at this email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.