Mirror Lab Tour & Sky Lab Excursion to Mt. Lemmon
Available for private groups of 4 people.
Learn from world-renowned scientists and get a firsthand look at the most technologically advanced telescope in the world. The extended observing experience allows you to become the astronomer investigating the cosmos and deciding how the night unfolds.
This Once-In-A-Lifetime Experience Includes:
- Transportation to and from Miraval Resort
- Lecture at Miraval with University of Arizona Expert: Changing the Way We Explore the Universe!
Day 1 – Afternoon tour of the University of Arizona Steward Observatory Mirror Lab: At the University of Arizona's Steward Observatory Mirror Laboratory, a team of scientists and engineers is making giant, lightweight mirrors of unprecedented power for a new generation of optical and infrared telescopes.
Day 2 – Late Afternoon/Evening Excursion to the Sky Lab on Mt. Lemmon with Adam Block, world famous astrophotographer and winner of the Hubble Award.
- Observing at a telescope with an astronomer/guide on Mt. Lemmon
- Learn about digital imaging with Adam Block and take home your images
- Data and image processing by astrophotographer Adam Block
- Return to Miraval at midnight.
PLUS: Tranquil Nights Outdoor Spa Treatment at Miraval
Price: $599++ per person (Minimum of 4 guests required)
Please call at Miraval Advisor at 800.232.3969 to add this experience to your Miraval package