LOOKING BEYOND THE HORIZON
It is during these unprecedented times, we must make unprecedented decisions.
In response to the most recent guidelines from the CDC and government officials,
Miraval Resorts & Spas will suspend all operations and services starting Sunday March 22, 2020 in an effort to protect the wellbeing of our guests and colleagues. Miraval Arizona and Miraval Austin will be cancelling existing reservations and suspending new reservations from
March 22 through April 30, 2020. It is a fluid situation and we will keep you updated on
Miraval operations accordingly.
Please do not be concerned about calling our reservations team to cancel your stay. This will be taken care of automatically for you if you have a reservation arrival date between March 22 – April 30, 2020. A member of Miraval’s Experience Planning team will personally contact you to help reschedule your upcoming Miraval stay to a later date or arrange a
full refund of your deposit.
We are mindful of the individual and communal responsibility we have in containing and protecting against COVID-19. We want all of our guests and colleagues to focus on what is most important – the health of the individual and our global community.
In the meantime, we hope you will continue to connect with us online and on social media (@miravalresorts). We strive to bring you Miraval inspired recipes (that will nourish your body and immune system), mindful activities (to foster meaningful bonding time with you and your family), self-care rituals and exercises (because taking care of your wellbeing is more important now than ever), and meditations (that will keep you grounded and mentally fortified during these difficult times).
We appreciate your understanding as we navigate this unprecedented situation.
FOR YOUR PEACE OF MIND
Our Experience Planning team is available to help guide you and answer questions regarding your past or upcoming stays.
HOURS OF AVAILABILITY
Monday – Friday: 6:00am – 5:00pm MST.
Saturday & Sunday: 8:00am – 5:00pm MST.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. How have you adjusted cleaning protocols in light of the COVID-19 situation?
• We are always committed to providing safe and clean environments for our guests and colleagues – even more so today.
We uphold the highest standards of cleanliness and want our guests to feel at ease regarding health and hygiene.
• We offer an increased number of hand-sanitizer dispensers and soap throughout the properties in all public areas, spa, locker rooms, restaurants, restrooms, yoga studio, Life in Balance Culinary Kitchen as well as in all colleague work areas.
• We work closely with our colleagues at Hyatt to establish precautionary response measures into place that help us continue to provide a safe and clean environment at Miraval:
– Comprehensive COVID-19 guidance is in place, detailing how to protect against transmission of the virus (including implementing hand sanitizer stations and frequent cleaning of high-touch areas), and procedures in case there is a suspected or confirmed case among our guests or colleagues.
– Cross-functional, global response teams, including Infectious Disease and Occupational Health experts, provide guidance to our hotels and help address specific needs and situations when needed.
• We continue to monitor coronavirus updates, and will continue to respond based on the advice of governments, public health authorities, and medical professionals.
2. What is the cleaning protocol for spa treatments and spa therapists?
• All spa therapists routinely prepare for treatment by sanitizing their hands (and any tools used for service) with anti-bacterial, anti-microbial wipes and soap.
• All linens that come in contact with guests are fully laundered between uses in an on-site facility with commercial-grade detergents.
• Any items that are subject to guest contact are fully sanitized between services and treatments.
• Hand-sanitizer dispensers are available at the spa desk, within each treatment room, and within the locker rooms for guest and colleague use.
3. What is the sanitation protocol for Yoga & Fitness?
• We have a dedicated team of colleagues who are increasing the frequency of wiping down and sanitizing yoga mats with Clorox wipes, as well as floors and all fitness equipment including weights, machines, and stretch bands.
• Additionally, our team is offering towels for guests at each fitness station to cover all mats, weights, machines, etc. while in use.
• Hand-sanitizer dispensers and wipes are available for use in both yoga and fitness areas.
4. How are Miraval Guest rooms cleaned? What is the Miraval housekeeping cleaning process?
• We continue to service all rooms twice daily and to sanitize all surfaces and floors with hospital-grade disinfectant.
All linens, including sheets, towels, and blankets are cleaned on site following the State Health Departments’ guidelines, which includes an anti-bacterial component.
• Sheets are fully sanitized through in-house laundry facility with high-temperature washes and commercial-grade detergents.
• High-traffic common areas are following enhanced cleaning protocols for high-touch items (door handles, elevator buttons, telephones), supported by increased inspection from property leadership.
5. How do we ensure sanitation in our dining spaces and food & beverage outlets?
• We continue to follow the CDC guidelines as they relate to food service.
• Within each of our dining and food & beverage outlets, we are taking the required steps to combat the coronavirus in regards to sanitation.
• We use Peroxide Multi-Surface cleaner to our sanitation repertoire. This is used as a second layer of pathogenic destruction to be applied after the use of our Mutli-Quat sanitizer.
• These cleaners are being used on all tables and surface areas in the dining room, and counters for the buffet, along with the prep tables and surfaces inside all kitchens.
• We have increased the frequency of serving utensil exchange on the buffet line to minimize exposure.
• Retraining on hand washing and proper glove use has been disseminated department-wide.
• Hand-sanitizer dispensers are located at every sink to be used in conjunction with antimicrobial hand soap.
• In addition to this the Kitchen teams a required to sanitize the work area between each task as well as a complete stop, drop, and sanitize every two hours.
We are hopeful that this crisis passes quickly and that we are able to get back to what we do best – creating balance together.