Kitchen Expeditor/Prep Cook - Full Time
Miraval is currently recruiting for a full time PM Kitchen Expeditor/Prep Cook. Work with our team of culinary professionals as they create delicious and healthy food in a world-class resort environment.
This is an integral position to the kitchen team and the successful candidate must have the ability to work towards a common goal as well as fulfill independent responsibilities on a daily basis. In this role you will spend 75% of the time prepping multiple items for evening entrée and appetizers. The other 25% will be spent on the line in a fast-paced expeditor role.
Must have at least 1 year of expediting experience in a full-service kitchen
Requires 2 years of knife skills
Be able to work well under pressure
Requires standing and walking 100% of the time
Must have excellent verbal communication in English and be able to speak clearly to relay directions and instructions
Must be organized and be able to take control of processes in a busy environment
Lifting up to 50 pounds
Reaching, pushing, pulling, turning, bending is required
Regular use of arms, hands, wrists and fingers is necessary
There is opportunity to advance to hot line or pantry position with successful performance
Must possess exceptional customer service standards, ability to communicate clearly verbally, in writing and electronically as needed
Must be able to read directions and interpret recipes