AM Pool Server - Part Time
The responsibility of the Pool Server is to make a grand first impression upon arrival and solidify a memorable Pool experience upon departure by courteously greeting guests with a smile and enthusiasm. Volunteering assistance and information whenever necessary. To provide etiquette and professional service of foods, beverages and supplies for all internal and external guests, giving constant pampered service, catering to all requests in an expedient, professional manner.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Arrive to work on time, dressed in full uniform and wearing name tag.
• Set up bar for afternoon service. This would include flavored water.
• Set up Pool chairs, tables, and umbrellas according to the diagram. Remove all wet/dirty pool towels from all pool decks.
• Provide for guests a comfortable, elegant atmosphere by consistently delivering the highest quality products and services through thorough product knowledge by friendly, smiling and caring employees.
• Clean pool deck, chairs, and tables. All stains MUST be removed ASAP. All debris & bird dropping need to be cleaned. Report any damaged furniture to manager.
• Maintains supplies necessary for the team to provide the best service possible. This includes towels to start the day. Depending on occupancy.
• Maintains a neat and organized work area. You would need to walk around and pick up towels, debris, and straighten tables and chairs on all levels of the pool
• Communicate between manager & kitchen to provide smooth, well-coordinated service.
• Completes the opening and closing side work as assigned.
• Advise manager of any complaints so they can be rectified immediately.
• Serve as a Public Relations Representative to our guests being able to answer their questions regarding the various locations (rooms) within Miraval. In addition, must have knowledge of the activities that we offer and our hours of operation.
demonstrate adequate organizational skills having the ability to handle several tasks at once.
• Work as a part of a multi-unit team displayed through your cooperation, flexibility and attitude.
• Understand the telephone system, answer calls in a pleasant manner, responding to requests and transferring calls to the appropriate extension. Take reservations and answer any questions on information made available to you. Refer to the "Reservation Procedure Document" and the "Telephone Techniques Document."
give guests constant pampered service and acts as Host/Hostess. This would include walking around pool and offering water to guests.
• Solicit feedback from guests regarding pool service and food.
• Observe all areas and department which have a direct effect on each guest's experience
• Have efficient work practices that reduce waste and control costs, allowing Miraval to meet its financial responsibilities.
Education and Experience:
• 2-3 years as a server in a resort pool environment
• 2-3 years as a Pool Attendant in a resort pool environment
• 1+ years as a bartender in a resort pool environment
• Ability to read English and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
• You must be able to lift up to 50 pounds by yourself
• Able to work on you feet for long periods of time (5-7 hours) at a time at a fast pace without any breaks
• Able to work outside for long periods (5-7 hours) at a time. Tucson weather can exceed 90+ degrees during the year.