Reservations Agent - Full time
Miraval Arizona (www.miravalresorts.com) is a premier resort and destination spa that is truly dedicated to opening eyes, minds, and hearts. It provides the space - physically and spiritually - to reconnect with oneself on the path to a life in balance. Nestled at the base of the stunning Catalina Mountains, Miraval Arizona’s 118 guest rooms and 16 residential villas situated on 400 acres of lush Sonoran Desert create an inspiring backdrop. Our luxurious accommodations, world renowned spa services, award winning cuisine and cutting edge programs and activities facilitated by an unrivaled team of wellbeing experts have led to Miraval’s recognition as the #1 destination spa in the world, and enable our guests to make positive and lasting change in their lives.
Mindfulness is the core of the Miraval philosophy. In everything we do, we encourage our guests to live in the present moment, conscious of the unique intersection of mind, body, and spirit. Miraval can be a catalyst for a healthy lifestyle change, a stress-free escape, a source of support through challenging times, or simply somewhere to rest, reflect and re-energize as one begins the next chapter in their life story.For most of our guests, the Miraval experience is nothing less than life-changing and life re-affirming.
We currently see a talented and self-motivated individual to join our team as a Miraval Advisor (Reservations Agent). The Advisor sets the tone for our guests before they even arrive through our main gate, as they are typically their first point of contact at Miraval.
From guests who are coming just for a relaxing vacation, to guests who have a focused purpose or intention to their stay, Miraval Advisors must make an immediate connection and provide the absolute highest level of personalized customer service and responsiveness. The sole purpose of this role is to create and maintain a supremely positive experience for each and every guest who contacts Miraval to request information or make arrangements to stay.
Miraval Advisors must be fully versed in and experienced with the principles of effective selling. They must be able to describe our offerings in an enticing, accurate and descriptive manner. The Advisor will process guest bookings for room accommodations, spa appointments and one-on-one consultations, as well as handle other diverse and sometimes complicated special arrangements via email and on the phone.
Miraval Advisors will cultivate a positive rapport with guests who call to inquire about Miraval’s services and activities. They must possess the skill of identifying sales opportunities through gaining insight into each guests’ specific intention for their visit to Miraval. They will consult with callers to design a comprehensive package exclusively for them.
Miraval Advisors are expected to generate a high volume of revenue. They MUST BE AN ASSUMPTIVE CLOSER, with an intuitive ability to make suggestions and direct the conversation at all times. Miraval Advisors must be able to effectively tailor the value of Miraval’s offerings to meet the specific wants, interests, and needs of each caller and to effectively reinforce for them that a Miraval getaway is the right fit for them.
Qualified candidates must be personable, articulate, well-spoken and persuasive. They must extremely computer savvy as well as creative, resourceful, dependable. Must be able to work extremely well both independently and as part of an effective team and must be able to take direction responsibly, with the capacity to make solid decisions and must demonstrate exceptional professional judgment at all times.
In order to be considered, candidates MUST have the following qualifications:
- Must have at least 2 years of high-end sales/customer service experience, preferably in a luxury hospitality setting.
- Must have a polished and professional demeanor with exceptional verbal, written and electronic communication skills. Impeccable spelling, grammar and usage of punctuation are critical.
- Must be extremely proficient with e-mail and database programs, as well as Microsoft applications such as Word, Excel, and Windows.Experience with hospitality property management software is strongly desired (Visual One preferred).
- Must have strong working knowledge of business equipment such as printers, high-speed photo scanners, fax, etc.
- Must be extremely comfortable and effective in up selling and cross-selling various products.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including weekends, evenings and holidays.
- Must be able to prioritize tasks and handle multiple duties simultaneously and efficiently.
- Must be highly organized, with impeccable attention to detail and consistent follow-through.
Miraval offers a highly competitive compensation and benefits package for this position, to include the following:
- Base wage of $12/hour
- Additional commission for booked reservations ($500-$800/month on average)
- Training that is fully-paid
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance with family and domestic partner plans
- Company-paid life and disability insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with generous company match
- Free use of fitness center and other resort amenities
- Deep employee discounts for overnight stays and spa treatments
- On-site employee cafeteria
- Positive and employee-centric work environment
- Opportunities for recognition, career advancement and personal growth