Spa Sales Specialist - Full Time
Miraval currently seeks an experienced and hands-on Spa Sales Specialist to serve as a brand ambassador for both Clarins and Miraval in managing spa product retail sales. The goal of this position is to create a seamless bridge for resort guests between Clarins’ products and Miraval’s unique range of services and experiences.
Successful candidates will demonstrate gracious and fluid service with guests within our retail outlets. The Spa Sales Specialist will report to the Resort Retail Manager and will serve as a product knowledge expert, assisting guests with appropriate selections of skin and body care products. They must be highly knowledgeable, with strong ability to speak fluently regarding aesthetics and preventive and corrective skin care, and must be able to effectively recommend products based on individuals’ needs, objectives and other relevant factors. The Spa Sales Specialist must be personable, enterprising, articulate, and able to multi-task with efficiency and poise, and with a well-developed sense of how to prioritize.
Primary duties of the Spa Sales Specialist include, but are not limited to:
- Developing top line sales revenue by creating awareness of the Clarins brand among resort guests through internal promotional activity
- Acting as a liaison between Clarins and Miraval, by working directly with Clarins representatives to ensure a continuous flow of information and understanding
- Building on-going relationships with resort guests by creating and implementing a tracking system for follow-up sales and guest satisfaction
- Reinforcing Miraval and Clarins standards through physical image and hygiene practices, as well as through store merchandising
- Attending training events and workshops at Clarins facilities to update and deepen product knowledge
- Providing training and informational product updates to resort retail staff and spa aesthetics staff to ensure new products are properly promoted and recommended
- Analyzing daily, weekly and monthly sales and taking appropriate actions based on insight gained from on-going analysis to deliver expected P&L results
- Merchandising effectively to present and maintain all product in a superior manner throughout the spa retail area
- Assisting in stocking, price labeling, scheduling and control of spa product inventory
- Maintaining spa retail space to ensure a clean, well-kept and inviting environment
- Arranging shipment and home delivery of spa product for departing guests
- Serving as an on-site resource for spa staff and guests for questions and requests for information regarding skin and body care products and responding in a timely fashion to public inquiries about spa retail merchandise
In order to be considered, candidates MUST possess the following qualifications:
- Must have 5+ years of spa product, beauty product and/or skin care product sales
- High-end/luxury product sales experience is strongly desired
- Must have a background in aesthetics and a strong knowledge base of skin and body care science and concepts
- Must have an extremely professional demeanor and a polished physical presentation
- Must possess exceptional verbal, written and electronic communication skills
- Must be proficient with e-mail and Microsoft applications such as Word, Excel, and Windows
- Must be very personable and capable of delivering the highest levels of service to an extremely discerning clientele
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including weekends, evenings and holidays
- Must be able to prioritize tasks and handle multiple duties simultaneously and efficiently
- Must be highly organized, with impeccable attention to detail and consistent follow-through
- Must be able to move and lift 50lbs, and sit or stand for long periods of time
Our world renowned spa is currently in the midst of a multi-million dollar renovation. In Spring of 2012, Miraval will proudly launch the ‘Miraval Life in Balance Spa with Clarins.’ We have joined forces with the esteemed luxury skin care brand Clarins ( www.clarinsusa.com ) to create an exclusive and incomparable spa experience for our resort guests. Clarins products will be incorporated into Miraval’s signature aesthetic and body treatments and will be featured as the premier line in our spa’s retail outlet.
Since 1954 with the opening of its first Institute in Paris, Clarins has maintained a reputation as the THE premier brand for natural beauty. With the development of its famous pure plant oils, Clarins has maintained a reputation as a pioneer in its field by consistently favoring active ingredients of plant origin. Their rigorous methods of testing and analysis have led to innovative breakthroughs in skin care science and have created optimal results for women the world over.
Miraval is extremely proud of its partnership with Clarins, as this groundbreaking venture will result in Clarins’ first full-scale destination location within the United States. The melding of these two revered companies to create the ‘Miraval Life in Balance Spa with Clarins’ is something the spa and beauty industries will be buzzing about for months to come.