Self-Care for the Creative Soul
With Cheryl Richardson, Alanis Morissette, & Michael Gerrish
March 2-6, 2014
A Note From Cheryl:
I have exciting news! You’re invited to join me, my husband, Michael Gerrish, and my dear friend, Grammy Award-winning artist, Alanis Morissette, for a very special experience – a new retreat called, “Self-Care for the Creative Soul,” on March 2nd-6th, 2014, at Miraval Resort in Tucson, Arizona.
Have you ever felt too sensitive or empathic to live comfortably in a fast-paced, competitive, constantly changing world? Do you dislike the part of yourself that’s too easily affected by what others say and do? Are you tired of conforming to society’s standards or the expectations of others just to fit in? Are you ready to allow the creative artist in you to emerge fully in the world?
Imagine how it would feel to see your sensitivity as a strength – a precious gift that deserves to be cherished and considered a blessing instead of a curse. Now imagine having the tools and skills to protect and nurture this gift, so you can feel fully equipped to live a fearless and fulfilling life!
I used to hate being so sensitive. This part of me felt burdensome, weak, and difficult to manage or hide. For most of my formative years I felt like a pincushion in a world full of pins. But all that changed when I started working with my first coach, Thomas Leonard. He challenged me to reconsider the judgments I had about being sensitive and he showed me how to value and protect it. I learned to set boundaries with those who didn’t respect my way of being in the world and to develop more supportive, soul-nurturing relationships with those who did. I began paying attention to what I required to live comfortably, peacefully, and in harmony with my personal rhythms and needs. And, I finally started giving presence to the creative desires that my soul had been longing to express.
Honoring my sensitivity dramatically changed my life. My health improved, my relationships deepened and became more balanced, and my work life became a rewarding journey as I gained greater access to the artist and healer within.
Now I’d like to help you do the same. As you learn how to see yourself with a new kind of appreciation, you’ll also learn to embrace and support your sensitive self so your life can change in dramatic ways, too.
Throughout your five-day experience, you’ll engage in meaningful conversations and practices that will allow you to…
- Get to know your creative soul in a whole new way so you can develop the reverence and appreciation for yourself that you need and deserve.
- Uncover the gifts your tender side has to offer by connecting with your own artist and healer within.
- Discover exciting new ways to express your creativity and, in the process, become fully invested in living your best, most authentic life.
- Learn to fiercely and gracefully protect your sensitivity.
- Use “tapping techniques” (like EFT – Emotional Freedom Techniques), to calm your mind and body when you feel distressed so you can allow your creative desires to flourish.
- Develop and commit to a way of living that supports your sensitive temperament.
- Establish a time management strategy that reflects your true nature, and helps you honor your daily priorities.
- Discover work options that enable you to utilize your talents to the fullest in an environment where your soul can truly thrive.
- Create intimate, “give and take” relationships with loved ones by communicating in respectful and healing ways.
- Promote and support the sensitive sides of the children in your life.
Past attendees have told me that our Miraval retreats are deeply moving, life-altering events worth the investment of time and money. It’s a five-star experience and I hope you’ll join us.
Your Time at Miraval
At Miraval, you’ll enjoy a uniquely beautiful setting, luxurious accommodations and expertly prepared, healthy meals. You’ll also enjoy the healing energy of cutting-edge bodywork treatments delivered from experienced, caring practitioners. And, perhaps the greatest benefit of all is feeling the love and support of other sensitive, creative souls – like-minded men and women who may even become some of your most trusted and valued friends.
Here's when we'll be in session together over the course of the retreat:
Sunday March 2nd
- Reception: 6:30-7pm
- Opening Program: 7 - 9pm
Monday March 3rd
- In Session: 2-6pm
Tuesday March 4th
- In Session: 2-6pm
Wednesday March 5th
- In Session: 2-6pm
Thursday March 6th
- In Session: 9am-12pm
Retreat Fee Includes:
- All program sessions with Cheryl Richardson, Alanis Morissette, and Michael Gerrish
- Accommodations for 4 nights (inclusive of all fees and taxes)
- Shared round-trip airport transfers from/to Tucson International Airport
- Welcome Miraval tote bag and reusable water bottle
- Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner daily
- One Spa Service per person, per day (up to $150 each)
- All snacks, non-alcoholic beverages and hors d'oeuvres daily
- Unlimited regularly-scheduled activities, lectures and programs
For rate information and to register, please call Miraval directly at 800.232.3969. Be sure to mention you are registering for the "Self-Care for the Creative Soul Retreat."
Joining me during this retreat will be:
Michael Gerrish, (my highly sensitive and creative husband) who has over thirty years of experience helping people to identify and address unidentified obstacles to optimum health and fitness. He’s also the author of When Working Out Isn’t Working Out and The Mind-Body Makeover Project.
Michael will demonstrate his extraordinary gift of “sensitivity” by offering intuitive readings, without prior information or cues, for random audience members during a special evening session. This gift took center stage as he recovered from a serious illness in 2009. The result was an uncanny ability to accurately identify the current circumstances of a person’s life, and the conscious and unconscious obstacles preventing him or her from overcoming them and moving forward. You can learn more about Michael at michaelgerrish.com.
Alanis Morissette is a Grammy Award-winning artist whose music has touched the lives of millions around the world. Deeply committed to her own growth and healing, Alanis’ sensitivity is reflected in her music, her lyrics, her teaching, and in the way she raises her family and lives her personal life. You can learn more about her at alanis.com.