6 Ways to Keep Cool at Miraval during the Summer
Summer has arrived at Miraval Resorts, which means lots of long, blissful days, exciting outdoor adventures, and, yes: triple-digit temperatures. However, you don’t need to hide out in your room with the air conditioner cranked up high just to escape the inevitable Southwest swelter; there are plenty of ways to keep calm, cool, and collected during your upcoming wellness retreat. Take a look!
- Indulge in a mani/pedi. Take a break from the hot sun and treat yourself to some well-deserved pampering! Our new Cooling Manicure & Pedicure, which feature a refreshing cold stone and clay massage, offer an ideal respite from the summertime sizzle while providing an invigorating experience that will leave your skin tingling with delight.
- Get your float on. Interested in a soothing treatment that will melt away your stress and sweat? Then immerse yourself in a literal Himalayan Sound Bath. During this groundbreaking therapeutic session led by Pam Lancaster and Dr. Tim Frank, you will float weightlessly around a shaded pool while succumbing to the healing vibrations of Tibetan bowls.
- Hit the water for a round of BOGA! Just because the temperature is on the rise, doesn’t mean you have to skip your workout. And what better way to beat the heat and warm up your muscles than by balancing on Boga boards? Not only does this fitness class provide a fun challenge designed to strengthen your core and improve your coordination, but even if you happen to lose your balance and fall over, you’re still winning with the perfect cooldown: a quick dip in the BMC pool!
- Go for a swim. Did you know that Miraval offers swimming lessons? Whether you’re a beginner or interested in honing your techniques, our expert instructors will help you learn the basics and refine your form so that you can improve your timing, endurance, and breathing techniques so that you can get the most out of your laps.
- Quench your thirst. Replenish your mind and energy with our Blend ‘n’ Balance Smoothie Making Workshop. During this tasty educational session, you will learn more about which smoothie ingredients pack the most health benefits and enjoy a chilled beverage while you’re at it!
- Unwind under the stars. Close your eyes, breathe in the aromatic desert air, and let your worries subside as you connect with the gorgeous Sonoran landscape at dusk. If a flow sequence that ends with a shavasana under the glittery night sky is your idea of the perfect nightcap, then be sure to check out Celestial Yoga! This particular offering takes place on our outdoor yoga deck and will leave you feeling relaxed, rejuvenated and in a state of complete serenity.
What is your favorite way to cool off at the spa when summer rolls around? Let us know in the comments below!