Get your holiday game on with a great recipe for snacking from the sofa. Try our Chef Kyle’s recipe from his latest addition to the Brave Bill bar menu: Brussel Wings.
Yields 2, 4oz portions
- 1 Egg yolk
- 1 Lemon (zested & juiced)
- 1/2 Tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 4 Tbsp Olive oil
- 1 Tbsp Roasted Garlic
- 2 Anchovy Filets
- 2 Tbsp Parsley (rough chopped)
- Blend egg yolks on medium until they become opaque and add mustard, garlic, anchovies, and emulsify oil until it becomes thick.
- Whisk in lemon zest and juice and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 2 Tbsp Sriracha
- 2 Tbsp Cholula Hot Sauce
- 2 Tbsp Fish Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Brown Sugar
- 2 Tbsp Rice Wine Vinegar
- 2 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1 Tbsp Mirin Wine
- 1 Tsp Soy Sauce
- Combine all ingredients and whisk in coconut oil to thicken.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Brussel Sprouts (8 oz, Cut in half)
- 2 Tbsp Ginger (Minced)
- 1 Tbsp Sesame Seeds (Toasted)
- Sear Brussels face down in coconut oil in a cast iron pan (medium high heat) until nice and charred and flip and repeat on the back side.
- Season with a pinch of salt and pepper and add hot sauce to cast iron pan.
- Let sauce reduce and coat the brussels.
- Once nicely coated with the hot sauce, serve immediately and garnish with toasted sesame seeds.
- Serve Aioli on the side for dipping.
Life in balance by Miraval
You may also like
Cultivate | January 2 2023
Petite Filet with Cranberry Demi
Cultivate | August 3 2022
Recipes for Al Fresco Dining
Cultivate | July 29 2022
Berkshires Botanicals: Tulsi Rose Balm
Cultivate | July 15 2022
Desert Beauty: Honey Sage Elixir & Wolfberry Chia Serum
Cultivate | July 5 2022
Preparation, Preservation, And A Quick Pickle