Recipe created by Miraval Austin
Created by Miraval Austin Executive Chef, Ben Baker
Make these easy Cocoa Pancakes that are the perfect morning indulgence. These dessert worthy gluten-free pancakes are sure to be a treat!
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Servings: 8 pancakes
Tools: Mixing bowl, mixing spoon, sauté pan or griddle, measuring cups, measuring spoons, and spatula
- 3 tbsp warm water
- 1 tbsp ground flax seed
- 1 flax egg
- 1 cup gluten-free pancake mix
- 1.5 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 cup oat milk
- 1 tsp cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp sugar
- Combine the warm water and ground flax seed, and let it expand for 5 minutes. The mixture should become gelatinous.
- In a separate bowl, combine the oat milk, avocado oil, flax seed mixture, and sugar. Fold in the gluten-free pancake mix and cocoa powder, and stir until combined.
- Gently heat a non-stick pan or griddle, and season with a little avocado oil.
- Spoon 1/4 cup of the pancake mixture onto a heated griddle and cook until bubbles rise to the surface and begin to pop.
- Flip the pancake over and finish on the other side.
- Serve with your favorite toppings.