Lemon-Glazed Blueberry Scones
This month's recipe Lemon-Glazed Blueberry Scones is featured in Miraval's Sweet & Savory Cookbook
Explore more Culinary Experiences
Serves: 16 scones
Serves: 16 scones
Serving Size: 1 scone calories: 130 total fat: 3 g carbs: 24 g dietary fiber: 1 g protein: 2 g
- 2 c. all-purpose flour
- ½ c. sugar
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- 2 oz. unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- ½ c. nonfat milk
- 1 whole egg
- 1½ tsp. lemon zest
- 1 c. fresh or frozen blueberries
- ½ c. powdered sugar
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- Heat the oven to 350°F. Sift the flour, sugar, and baking powder into a medium-size bowl. Cut in the butter, using a pastry knife or by pinching with your fingers, until the butter and dry ingredients form small crumbs.
- Mix the milk, egg, and zest together and then add to the dry ingredients along with the blueberries. Using your hands, mix until you form a soft dough (being careful not to crush the blueberries in this process).
- Line a baking sheet with kitchen parchment and spray with nonstick cooking spray. Shape the dough into a 7-inch round and place on prepared baking sheet. Bake until it is lightly golden brown and springs back slightly when pressed in the center, about 25 minutes. Let cool and cut into 16 wedges.
- Whisk the powdered sugar and lemon juice together in a small bowl until smooth. Once the scones have cooled, glaze them by taking a spoon and quickly drizzling the glaze over the scones.
Life in balance by Miraval
You may also like
Cultivate | January 2 2023
Petite Filet with Cranberry Demi
Cultivate | August 3 2022
Recipes for Al Fresco Dining
Cultivate | July 29 2022
Berkshires Botanicals: Tulsi Rose Balm
Cultivate | July 15 2022
Desert Beauty: Honey Sage Elixir & Wolfberry Chia Serum
Cultivate | July 5 2022
Preparation, Preservation, And A Quick Pickle