Recipes for Al Fresco Dining
From Miraval Arizona’s Kitchens
Wind down summer with this sweet and spicy grilled chicken recipe—perfect for al fresco dining before the cooler temperatures send us indoors. Pair it with a fruity and refreshing peach margarita that will add some fun to your outdoor gathering.
Spice-Rubbed Chicken Breast With Fresh Fruit Salsa
Fresh Fruit Salsa
- 1 cup diced strawberries
- 1 ½ cup diced pineapple
- 1 cup diced papaya
- ¼ cup (or one whole kiwifruit, diced (optional)
- 1 teaspoon finely shredded fresh mint
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh cilantro
- ½ cup fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped green onion
- ½ teaspoon finely chopped jalapeño pepper
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 6 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon. ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- Combine salsa ingredients in a large bowl, mix well, and cover and refrigerate for about 1 hour before serving.
- Heat a grill or a grill-pan to medium.
- With a meat pounder or heavy rolling pin, pound the chicken breasts to an even thickness.
- Stir together smoked paprika, cumin, salt, and cayenne.
- Spray both sides of chicken with nonstick cooking spray, then season both sides with spices, patting so the spices stick.
- Grill chicken over medium, turning once, until it’s no longer pink in the center, about 3 minutes per side, depending on chicken’s size and thickness.
- Let chicken breasts rest for a few minutes, then cut into angled slices.
- Arrange the sliced chicken on each plate and mound salsa next to it, with some salsa covering chicken.
- Serve immediately.
Peach Margarita Cocktail
Here’s a fun cocktail from Miraval Arizona’s Chef Kyle, who has been getting creative with the beautiful peaches from our garden:
Yields: 1.5 drinks
- 1 ounce blanco Tequila
- 1 ounce Repesado Tequila
- ¼ ounce Ancho Reyes Chile ancho liquor
- 1 orange
- 1 lemon
- 2 ounces fresh peaches
- ¼ ounce honey simple syrup
- 2-3 dashes old fashion bitters
- In a shaker bottle, muddle peaches with simple syrup and fresh juice from orange and lemon. Add in all liquors and a few dashes of bitters.
- Add ice to the shaker and shake your heart out. Pour over fresh ice in a cocktail glass and garnish with more peaches OR with corn shoots to give it that afternoon glow.
Do you have a favorite Miraval meal, dessert, snack, or cocktail that you wish you could recreate at home? Now you can! Miraval Chefs provide tools and recipes for creating a life in balance through culinary inspiration, education, and discovery. Submit a recipe request below!
Receive Miraval recipes by following us on social or sign-up for our newsletter. Our most popular recipes requests will be featured monthly on social and the Miraval blog.