Recipes by: Sami Blumenthal, Registered Dietitian & Culinary Specialist at Miraval Austin
Wake-Cup with our Registered Dietitian Sami Blumenthal, and feel fulfilled by preparing a naturally sweetened muffin cup. This customizable recipe focuses on nutrient density and wholesome ingredients to make the perfect afternoon stack, breakfast on the go, or a dessert!
Leave class with Sami’s base recipes as well as the confidence to support your shift towards a healthful start to the day.
Wake Cups: (Vegan & Gluten Free)
- 1 tbsp ground flaxseed + 3 tbsp water
- 3 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup nut butter of choice
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup or date syrup
- 3 small overipe bananas (~1 cup, mashed)
- 2 small zucchinis (~1 cup grated, don’t squeeze water out)
- 1/2 cup plant based drink of choice
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- pinch cinnamon
- pinch ginger
- 1/4 tsp fine sea salt
- Optional add ins: chocolate chips, walnuts, dried fruit, your choice!
- Preheat oven to 375, spray a muffin tin, line with silicone muffin liners, or line a loaf pan with parchment (if you wanted to make a loaf)
- Mix flax and water in a small bowl, stir and set aside to gel (our egg substitute)
- Mash bananas in a large bowl with a fork. Add grated zucchini, plant based drink, vanilla, nut butter, maple syrup, flax mixture, and stir to combine.
- Add oats, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, salt, any add ins of choice
- Spoon mixture into muffin cups or in any desired pan shape
- Bake for 25-28 mins, or until a fork comes out clean. Cool on wire rack
Store oatmeal cups in an air-tight container in the refrigerator, or freeze up to 3 months.